PDA

View Full Version : Fs

bdogg
05-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Do you guys think that there will be any quality FS after june 1 cuts?

Bled2Hen
05-09-2004, 12:50 AM
NO

STAMPY
05-09-2004, 01:38 AM
i wish! coy wire can't guard ME?

B-DON
05-09-2004, 02:45 AM
at least give wire a chance

Dantheman1280
05-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Wire will be awsome you guys just wait, he is a true baller!

saviorbledsoe
05-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Wire is the MAN!

and B-DON....how te hell did you get such a large pic to be your avatar?

Im rick james *****! :)

SABURZFAN
05-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

:laughter:

ShadowHawk7
05-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Personally, I think PP splitting time w/ Wire will be a good enuff at FS. We should cut Reese's ass though.

B-DON
05-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Wire is the MAN!

and B-DON....how te hell did you get such a large pic to be your avatar?

Im rick james *****! :)

thats what i was wondering but someone fixed it now, thanks administration

HenryRules
05-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
at least give wire a chance

All this team does now is give people a chance (Campbell, Pucillo, Tucker, Reed, Denney, Prileau (sp?) to name a few). Why can't we make our young guys earn/steal the starting job like good teams do instead of "giving" it to them.

B-DON
05-10-2004, 02:05 AM
who the hell was going to start before reed? not shaw! prileau? not reese!

smack541
05-10-2004, 03:27 AM
Give Coy a shot. How many guys who go from starting to special teams on opening day would of acted the way he did. He deserves this chance and he will shine.

TypicalBill
05-10-2004, 06:47 AM
Coy could develop into a great SS in our system.

FS just doesn't seem to be his strength... he's not very good at coverage and doesn't have the fluid hips to have great change of direction ability. Come to think of it, non of our safeties do. They all excel at run stopping. We need a fast guy back there who could cover.

Here's an idea, until Vincent moves to FS, why dont we move Thomas there? McGee seems to be better suited at corner and seems to have won the coaches over last year, who knows what the new coaching staff thinks about him though.

so we have

1) Nate

2) Vincent

3) McGee

the only downside to this is that he (Thomas) doesn't have enough experience there and he isn't a very sure tackler. But we could develop him. He does have the speed and coverage skills.

hemi13
05-10-2004, 07:30 AM
Wire will do fine. He's show us all this coming season.

DraftBoy
05-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
Coy could develop into a great SS in our system.

FS just doesn't seem to be his strength... he's not very good at coverage and doesn't have the fluid hips to have great change of direction ability. Come to think of it, non of our safeties do. They all excel at run stopping. We need a fast guy back there who could cover.

Here's an idea, until Vincent moves to FS, why dont we move Thomas there? McGee seems to be better suited at corner and seems to have won the coaches over last year, who knows what the new coaching staff thinks about him though.

so we have

1) Nate

2) Vincent

3) McGee

the only downside to this is that he (Thomas) doesn't have enough experience there and he isn't a very sure tackler. But we could develop him. He does have the speed and coverage skills.

Good idea but Thomas is small and his lea[ing ability doesnt really help to mask that fact. Hes got the speed and covering but since most teams dont run a 3 or 4 wr wide set most of the game he'll be covering either the TE or playing in a CF like zone. The only CB I see as capable of this would be Vincent. As for any FS to be cut, I doubt anybody. We do have one in NFLE whose name escapes me. I wonder how he is doing.

TigerJ
05-11-2004, 07:48 AM
I think Reese is the best FS at coverage. I don't know about starting him, but he's not the guy I would cut.

Tatonka
05-11-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

how would you know? what are you basing this on?

Tatonka
05-11-2004, 07:57 AM
you know what i find funny.. all the myths about wire.

1st - "he is too slow to play FS"

he ran a 4.56 at the combine... know what roy williams ran? 4.51... ed reed? 4.53... sean taylor.. 4.53

yeah.. he is way too slow.

2nd - "he has hands of stone"

wire has had the chance to intercept one pass.. in the season finally against NE.. he dropped it.. but was in the right position.. terrell owens dropped 14 passes last year. i guess terrell owens has worse hands?

wire has not had a lot of opportunities to show whether or not he has the hands to get turnovers.. but i we sure as hell dont know one way or the other.. if you say you do know, and your not a coach for the bills.. then your full of crap.

3rd - "wire cant cover his own a55"

coverage is all about angles and experience.. you learn to become good in coverage. i seriously doubt there is anyone who is more dedicated to becoming sucessful on this bills team than wire.. he handled switching from RB to LB in college.. then from LB to SS in his ROOKIE year in the nfl.. and played almost as well as milloy did last year. he never should have been replaced in the first place, but if anyone can make this switch, it is wire.

he will be our starting FS on opening day. mark my words.

DraftBoy
05-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

he ran a 4.56 at the combine... know what roy williams ran? 4.51... ed reed? 4.53... sean taylor.. 4.53

wire has had the chance to intercept one pass.. in the season finally against NE.. he dropped it.. but was in the right position.. terrell owens dropped 14 passes last year. i guess terrell owens has worse hands?

wire has not had a lot of opportunities to show whether or not he has the hands to get turnovers.. but i we sure as hell dont know one way or the other.. if you say you do know, and your not a coach for the bills.. then your full of crap.

coverage is all about angles and experience.. you learn to become good in coverage. i seriously doubt there is anyone who is more dedicated to becoming sucessful on this bills team than wire.. he handled switching from RB to LB in college.. then from LB to SS in his ROOKIE year in the nfl.. and played almost as well as milloy did last year. he never should have been replaced in the first place, but if anyone can make this switch, it is wire.

You should know better than anyone that 40 speed doesnt necessairly translate to on the field speed. He HAS ALWAYS had three big knocks on him:
1. Hands regardless of his chances in the pros he still dropped the ball and at SS never really went up to try and make a play on one other wise. People chastised Winfield for dropping 1 or 2 balls last season so why does Wire get diffrent circumstances?

2. Game Speed- He doesnt have it. Hes got great reactions but his quickness is not their. He cant get to full speed quick enough and his back pedal is not what it needs to be.

3. Gambels-He still thinks hes a LB and tries to play like one. Hed rather make the hit than the pick and to be frank that bothers me bc yea it does result in big highlights but it also results in few turnovers and more penalties.

I think Milloy will be here 1 season or 2 more, and then he is gone if they wanna try Coy at FS then go ahead bc we sure as hell cant do anyworse at that posisition.

thefixer74
05-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

That sums up what I was going to say plus alot more.:cheers:

Tatonka
05-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
You should know better than anyone that 40 speed doesnt necessairly translate to on the field speed. He HAS ALWAYS had three big knocks on him:
1. Hands regardless of his chances in the pros he still dropped the ball and at SS never really went up to try and make a play on one other wise. People chastised Winfield for dropping 1 or 2 balls last season so why does Wire get diffrent circumstances?

2. Game Speed- He doesnt have it. Hes got great reactions but his quickness is not their. He cant get to full speed quick enough and his back pedal is not what it needs to be.

3. Gambels-He still thinks hes a LB and tries to play like one. Hed rather make the hit than the pick and to be frank that bothers me bc yea it does result in big highlights but it also results in few turnovers and more penalties.

I think Milloy will be here 1 season or 2 more, and then he is gone if they wanna try Coy at FS then go ahead bc we sure as hell cant do anyworse at that posisition.

i disagree completely with everything that you jus said.. except the last sentence.