PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas arrested on drug charges

The_Philster
05-10-2004, 04:58 AM
Former NFL running back Thurman Thomas was arrested over the weekend and charged with marijuana possession, according to a police report.

Thomas, who was in town to play in the McDonald's Cornelius Bennett Celebrity Golf Classic, was arrested at the Grand Hotel around 2 a.m. Saturday, according to the report.

He had one partially smoked marijuana cigarette in his possession and was drunk when arrested, the report said....
more (http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040510/APN/405100521)

shelby
05-10-2004, 05:01 AM
:(
He is losing his battle....that is very sad.

honey
05-10-2004, 05:25 AM
:sadwalk:

TigerJ
05-10-2004, 06:54 AM
That's just sad.

:sadwalk:

casdhf
05-10-2004, 07:09 AM
At least he isn't full of crack or heroin.

ryjam282
05-10-2004, 07:13 AM
Damn, that sucks...I liked the Thrumanator...

Herdwatcher
05-10-2004, 07:50 AM
That is unfortunate for a person who is trying to be clean. I would have to say he seems to have more of a problem with his drinking than smoking... After all he must of been stumbling around pretty good to catch the attention of the law...Then again, if you want to be clean, you need to wash your whole body in order to be fully clean... I wonder, has he tried (Zest). Because you're not fully clean, unless you're Zest fully clean.
To cut through all the crap. He has to want it for himself. not because of an order to come clean. Things like this will always haunt him untill that day.
"Come on Thurm, get it together bro!"

Jan Reimers
05-10-2004, 07:54 AM
That's a real shame. I love Thurman.

Ebenezer
05-10-2004, 08:02 AM
:shakeno:

Tatonka
05-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by casdhf

:up:

Patrick76777
05-10-2004, 08:07 AM
The sad part is, when he finally does quit all that stuff, he’s going to say he found god and he’ll walk around preaching all the damn time! “Devil in the bottle” and all that jazz! No thanks! That’ll make it even worse when he gets nabbed a few years after in a drug-induced haze!

LtBillsFan66
05-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by casdhf

Yeah, when I opened this thread I was expecting a big coke bust.

Pot?

Who cares?

I still love you Thurm!

mchurchfie
05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Yeah, when I opened this thread I was expecting a big coke bust.

Pot?

Who cares?

I still love you Thurm!

That's what I'm talking about:up:...I'd worry more about the alcohol.:(

juice
05-10-2004, 10:52 AM
A Roach, and who cares how drunk he was he was at a celeb. golf event... that's all these ex-jocks do at these events is drink.

I think the Title of this thread should be TT charged with Misdemeaner drug charge... "Drug Charges" makes it sound like the Feds have him on a conspiracy Beef.

Was he driving drunk with drugs on him or was he just hanging out and forgot he had a Roach in his pocket?

Patrick76777
05-10-2004, 10:55 AM
About a month admitted to being an alcoholic, my buddy saw him in toasted in a Cleveland bar.

BAM
05-10-2004, 10:58 AM
I'd like to burn one with him...

Now I might never have that chance :(

juice
05-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
saw him in toasted in a Cleveland bar.

I'm an Alcoholic.. and not a recovering one.. so if you see me in a BAR I'm probably Smashed... But the Roach will be Burnt. :mex:

jwright
05-10-2004, 11:06 AM

I still love you Thurm!

DON"T FORGET WHAT TT DID TO US!

I will never EVER forgive Thurman for going to the aqua side. There is no excuse for suiting up for the Frightening Flippers and I will never forget what he did. The pain I felt when I saw "34" in electric orange and florescent aqua was a deep bruise to my heart and because of that I turn my back on Thurman forever no matter what he did for the Buffalo Bills. Future Hall of Fame shame. I hope he enters as a Dolphin.

Disturbing...

BAM
05-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by jwright

I will never EVER forgive Thurman for going to the aqua side. There is no excuse for suiting up for the Frightening Flippers and I will never forget what he did. The pain I felt when I saw "34" in electric orange and florescent aqua was a deep bruise to my heart and because of that I turn my back on Thurman forever no matter what he did for the Buffalo Bills. Future Hall of Fame shame. I hope he enters as a Dolphin.

Disturbing...

:rolleyes: From what I remember we didn't exactly try too hard to keep in a Bills uni...

jwright
05-10-2004, 11:21 AM
So what? He played for bright orange side and that is a huge disgrace in my book. I hate the dolphins with a passion.

BAM
05-10-2004, 11:40 AM
They're probably the only team that wanted to give him one last chance. Can you blame the guy for wanting a final paycheck, granted it was the Dolphins. I forgive him for that, he was one of the best Bills RBs ever!

Shiny Chicken
05-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BAM
They're probably the only team that wanted to give him one last chance. Can you blame the guy for wanting a final paycheck, granted it was the Dolphins. I forgive him for that, he was one of the best Bills RBs ever!

exactly.

And I'm also much more concerened about teh drinking than the pot... that's far more of a serious concern for him. :(

Ebenezer
05-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by BAM
he was one of the best Bills RBs ever!

sorry, he was the best Bills RB ever...

juice
05-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
sorry, he was the best Bills RB ever...

You mean the best RB/reciever, or are you talking about his overall carreer stats on a team that went to 4 SB's in a row?

He was good but lets not confuse good teams with bad teams and good RB's with ALL TIME GREATS.

Ingtar33
05-10-2004, 12:04 PM
somehow i knew this was a pot rap...

With his drinking problems, i was sure it was going to be mary jane. you've got to feal sorry for him, he's having serious problems adjusting to life outside of football, and probably is clinically depressed.

What makes it worse, is he has daughters, a wife and family, you have to hope he's not hurting everything and everyone he's got.

Here's hoping and praying Thurman can beat these demons and find his place in the world without football.

Ebenezer
05-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by juice
You mean the best RB/reciever, or are you talking about his overall carreer stats on a team that went to 4 SB's in a row?

He was good but lets not confuse good teams with bad teams and good RB's with ALL TIME GREATS.

:rolleyes:

I'll say it again slowly...

he was the best Bills RB ever

Do you now understand my position??

Earthquake Enyart
05-10-2004, 12:08 PM
No one was better than OJ. No one, Bill or not.

eyedog
05-10-2004, 12:11 PM
He was good but lets not confuse good teams with bad teams and good RB's with ALL TIME GREATS. [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly, and it's not even close. Put OJ on those Superbowl teams and he runs for 2,000 yds all four of those years and the Bills win at least two of those games. That offense would have been unstoppable with Juice in that backfield. Breakaway threat, which Thurman wasn't.

THATHURMANATOR
05-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Either way he is still one of the best rbs in league history. Why argue. Its like 1a and 1b.

Get well THURM!

juice
05-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I'll say it again slowly...

he was the best Bills RB ever

Do you now understand my position??

Maybe I should say I dont understand your reasoning.

Bill Brasky
05-10-2004, 12:47 PM
everybody smokes pot:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45358

and i'm venturing to say that almost all of you have gotten totally wasted in public more than once in your life.

The Natrix
05-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Half a joint? :rofl:

Before I opened the thread I thought it was going to be coke.

If I was a millionare I sure as hell would be smoking pot and drinking.

THATHURMANATOR
05-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
everybody smokes pot:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45358

and i'm venturing to say that almost all of you have gotten totally wasted in public more than once in your life.

I have before. I am not big on Pot but who cares?

Yes I have been Totally wasted in publice once or twice.

jwright
05-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by BAM
Can you blame the guy for wanting a final paycheck, granted it was the Dolphins.

Yes, I do blame him for that. What ever happened to the days when us so called Bills fans had a united hatred for the team that wears bright orange and aqua. (See I don't even like writing their name.) I am the only one left??? Say it ain't so.

Thurman Thomas signed with the enemy; plan and simple, bottom line, whatever cliche you want to put here. The enemy! Or am I the only one who stills thinks the electric orange flippers are the enemy? What is going on in Bills country?

Thurman's career with the Bills is tarnished to me b/c he signed with the bright and colorful side! Don't ever forget that Bills fans.

STAMPY
05-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Big freaking deal... Weed is great, God everybody i work with smokes a blunt after work in the parking lot. Mary Jane is everyone's best friend. It should be legal for god's sake. The only reason it is npot is the govt. can't make there money off it as it can be home grown. **** the fedral govt. Thurman Thomas is the man. i love that guy. So what he smoked weed. 80% of the posters in this board smoke weed. I bet if you go to any bar and take a survey at least 75% smoked weed currently or at one point.

Bottomline IT IS NOT ANYTHING SERIOUS. Its like speeding. Oh **** you caught me, but hey i'm gunna still do it just be a lil more careful in future:snicker:

Jaydog57
05-10-2004, 01:33 PM

Yes, I do blame him for that. What ever happened to the days when us so called Bills fans had a united hatred for the team that wears bright orange and aqua. (See I don't even like writing their name.) I am the only one left??? Say it ain't so.

Thurman Thomas signed with the enemy; plan and simple, bottom line, whatever cliche you want to put here. The enemy! Or am I the only one who stills thinks the electric orange flippers are the enemy? What is going on in Bills country?

Thurman's career with the Bills is tarnished to me b/c he signed with the bright and colorful side! Don't ever forget that Bills fans. So I guess if Detroit or Seattle wanted him like nobody else did but Miami, that would have been ok. People go where they're wanted.
And yeah, who cares about smoking pot? It's not like it's Captain Morgans or anything. :jj:

THATHURMANATOR
05-10-2004, 02:16 PM

Thurman's career with the Bills is tarnished to me b/c he signed with the bright and colorful side! Don't ever forget that Bills fans.

I totally disagree. Thurman was released by the Bills. He felt he could still play. He signed with Miami who were the only ones willing to give him a chance.

B-DON
05-10-2004, 02:16 PM
it was only a joint gimme a break weed is not a drug

THATHURMANATOR
05-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
So I guess if Detroit or Seattle wanted him like nobody else did but Miami, that would have been ok. People go where they're wanted.
And yeah, who cares about smoking pot? It's not like it's Captain Morgans or anything. :jj:

AMEN!

jwright
05-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
So I guess if Detroit or Seattle wanted him like nobody else did but Miami, that would have been ok. People go where they're wanted.

Yes, that would have been okay. You know why, because anywhere but Miami would have been okay. What is with all the sympathy for the Miami Dolphins on this board? Its disgusting and shameful.

Former Buffalo Bills that go and play for the enemy become enemies forever in my book. I hate Flipper!!!

THATHURMANATOR
05-10-2004, 02:21 PM

Yes, that would have been okay. You know why, because anywhere but Miami would have been okay. What is with all the sympathy for the Miami Dolphins on this board? Its disgusting and shameful.

Former Buffalo Bills that go and play for the enemy become enemies forever in my book. I hate Flipper!!!

Trust me i hate the Fins but in this case Thurman gets a pass.

B-DON
05-10-2004, 02:24 PM
at least he came back and retired as a bill he knows he fu**ed up big time and i forgive him

jwright
05-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Why? You did see him in that ulgy a-- uniform didn't you? How did that make you feel seeing him with flipper on his helmet? Did it make you say, 'Hey, I still like him.' B/c if it did make you say that then you were rooting for the Dolphins!!! I do not like any Dolphins past, present or future and unfortanately Thurman was a Dolphin!

Thurman was a member of the Miami Dolphins!!! Doesn't this bother anyone else?

B-DON
05-10-2004, 02:30 PM
if i let that bother me then i should let bruce smith breakin the all-time sack record as a redskin but i dont cause i got mad love 4 both of them for all the good years they gave us

jwright
05-10-2004, 02:35 PM
The Redskins are not the arch-rivals of the Buffalo Bills. I guess Bills fans just don't hate the Dolphins like they used to. Sad.

B-DON
05-10-2004, 02:38 PM
just because we dont hate thurman for becoming a dolphin doesnt mean i like them buddy. i hatethem just as much as any member on this site if not more

STAMPY
05-10-2004, 03:09 PM

No it's called sympathy for Thurman, a franchise back, whom without him, we wouldn't be who we are. He was a huge part of the equation. Jimbo, Andre, Thurmo, Bruce.

Honestly, screw that, he needs no sympathy. He was right in what he did regardless of how you feel or any of us feel. He felt hurt, he still had stuff left in his tank, he had desire to play. The bills cut him. Granted its a business so he was cut or offered peanuts.

The same goes to a talent. Its a business, once a team shows no loyalty, you the player have a right to play anywhere you please. Miami gave him the best offer so he took it. He still loved the Bills. I seen him at games and retired a Bill. Jwright i feel you turn on guys easily. You did good for me in past. Screw you now you left mentality. Im not a fan of that approach. I love Thurman, he made me a bills fan, he was my fave player and im from long island GIANT COUNTRY. I never turned back.

LtBillsFan66
05-10-2004, 03:17 PM
I hate dolphin fans, not the players.

STAMPY
05-10-2004, 03:28 PM
I hate dolphin fans, not the players.

i did hate marino & Cox MUCHO

THATHURMANATOR
05-10-2004, 03:33 PM
No I pretty much hate every Dolphin. Thurm just got a pass on this for reasons stated earlier.

The_Philster
05-10-2004, 03:57 PM
I hated seeing Thurm as a Fish, but business is business. He retired as a Bill and will enter the HOF as a Bill. NUFF SAID!!

Originally posted by jfreeman
everybody smokes pot:

Not. :cynic:

BAM
05-10-2004, 04:58 PM
What is with all the sympathy for the Miami Dolphins on this board? Its disgusting and shameful.

You are very mistaken. Not one of us has stated sympathy for the Dolfags. It seems to me everyone here is having sympathy for Thurman Thomas, not the Dolphins. The guy did so many wonderful things for our team that I could care less where he went after the Bills. I think he earned the right to play wherever the hell he wanted! And like someone stated earlier, he came back and retired as a Bill so everyone knew where his heart was...

You go Thurman! Get some help though...
:boozer:

Turf
05-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Just saw Thurman on an interview.
He claims he is taking the hit for someone as a good guy, rather than say who the joint belonged to. He claims it wasn't his.
Pretty weak arguement.

STAMPY
05-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Turf
He claims he is taking the hit for someone as a good guy, rather than say who the joint belonged to. He claims it wasn't his.
Pretty weak arguement.

hey it's possible. i wouldn't blame my friend either. it is what it is

Herdwatcher
05-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Turf
Pretty weak arguement.

Let him have a supervised wizz quizz. That will tell if he and his buddy use the puff puff pass method or if he was just holding on to it.

BillsFanInMass
05-10-2004, 06:45 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if they caught him with crack after he signed with dolphins.

Jaydog57
05-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
I wouldnt be surprised if they caught him with crack after he signed with dolphins. Down here the wealthy people like their cocaine in powder form. He was know as Thurman 'two line limit' Thomas :cool:

dolfan25
05-10-2004, 09:03 PM

Disturbing...

Jesus Christ buddy I'm a fins fan and think you're way out of bounds. Have you ever had a friend who's pissed you off? You don't just **** on friends and family after they make 1 bad move. You learn to forgive.

If you want to be mad at someone be mad at Ralph Wilson or John Butler for fubarring the situation so much that they didn't make Thurman an offer. He was quoted as saying that the Bills only had to call him and make him any offer and he would've resigned but no one in the CS or HO even did that.

All this he betrayed me and I will never forgive him is a bunch of self-righteous crap. Man you sound like you should be on that Melrose Place show.

STAMPY
05-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25
Jesus Christ buddy I'm a fins fan and think you're way out of bounds. Have you ever had a friend who's pissed you off? You don't just **** on friends and family after they make 1 bad move. You learn to forgive.

If you want to be mad at someone be mad at Ralph Wilson or John Butler for fubarring the situation so much that they didn't make Thurman an offer. He was quoted as saying that the Bills only had to call him and make him any offer and he would've resigned but no one in the CS or HO even did that.

All this he betrayed me and I will never forgive him is a bunch of self-righteous crap. Man you sound like you should be on that Melrose Place show.

great post man. it's so true. he must be a religeous holier than tho type guy too

Samphin1
05-11-2004, 01:33 AM
I am sure that Thurman spiraled out of control thinking of how he an win jwright's love back. :lol: Please man get some reality here. Dude played like half a down for Miami. He isn't a Dolphin, he is a Bill. Although he did mention loving the Miami team way much more than that stinky team you guys root for. I swear he did. I will try to find that quote for ya ;)

While I personally don't have a problem with Thurman and hope he somehow straightens up his life and quits drinking, I find the hypocracy on this board very laughable. I guarentee you if MArino had come out and stated he was an alcoholic, and found a little while later with pot and being drunk, all of you would be screaming "dolfelons" or osme other lame phrase you guys like to spout off.

Every team has their problem players, past present and future. Thurman isn't what I would call a problem player, but pleas,e whenever someone gets arrested for whatever reason, try to keep it in perspective, reagrdless of who he or she plays for.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-11-2004, 03:20 AM
At least its not crack yall have smoked weed b4 im sure and if you say no then ur not trueful to your self cause u lie. ..stay up #34 ur the man.

The_Philster
05-11-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21
At least its not crack yall have smoked weed b4 im sure and if you say no then ur not trueful to your self cause u lie.

SABURZFAN
05-11-2004, 05:36 AM
At least its not crack yall have smoked weed b4 im sure and if you say no then ur not trueful to your self cause u lie. .

if i translated this correctly,i believe you're saying that to EVERYBODY?i don't believe that EVERYBODY has smoked weed at one time or another.

kardshark19
05-11-2004, 05:39 AM
At least its not crack yall have smoked weed b4 im sure and if you say no then ur not trueful to your self cause u lie. ..stay up #34 ur the man.

man...WHAT???

The_Philster
05-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
if i translated this correctly,i believe you're saying that to EVERYBODY?i don't believe that EVERYBODY has smoked weed at one time or another.

I think someone's been smoking too much if they actually think that. :coocoo:

STAMPY
05-11-2004, 04:08 PM
kardshark19 that picture isn't really funny at all. its mean and offensive