X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

A Couple Thoughts on Jason Peters

Jason Peters weighs over 320 pounds and runs a 40 under 4.9. That seems to defy some laws of physics, although I don't know which ones. That got me thinking. I'm not the fastest guy, but I know for sure if I had to carry my son's backpack from school on my back while I was running I'd run a heck of a lot slower.

My point is I was watching the "best damn sports show period" last night and the had this girl that trained TO on. It hit me: if Mike Williams can lose 14 pounds in 2 weeks at some pre-draft bootcamp, the Bills should send Peters there for the next couple months. If he can run sub 4.9 at 320, what the heck could he run at say 285? I realize he was undrafted in part because of some work ethic questions, but those bootcamp programs aren't exactly club med, maybe it would get him going. Where's the downside? If this guy was 285 he probably would have been a first or second rounder. Imagine this guy coming to camp in July looking buff and outrunning the LB's? At 285 he'd still be like a runaway train to bring down and still bigger than any TE I know of. Just a thought....:bigmike:
    Last edited by finsrclowns; 05-10-2004, 10:14 AM.
    finsrclowns
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Hmmm... Good thought.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

SHHH! try not to think outloud. the fins are having problems as it is on O and then you are gonna remind them that our over 300 lb. TE can run faster than Sammy Knight?
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Peters losing weight/fat can only help him be a better player. Hopefully he wants to do just that.

Comment

• B-DON
          hi
          • Mar 2004

that would be just down right scARY for oncoming defenders

Comment

• McBFLO
            • Mar 2003

good point. thats an idea id like to see them look into
            Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• McBFLO
              • Mar 2003

i hope they dont put him at tackle though, with mularkey coaching him, he could end up being pretty damn good IMO.

Eternal optimist.

Comment

• Disgustipatex
                The King Troll himself(Formerly Piltdown Man)
                • Sep 2003

A guard or tackle type player lining up at Tight End? Completely unheard of. I'm sure Defensive coordinators across the league are quaking in their boots.

::

"No TH, I aint got no younger hos for you, freak!"

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

lol jealous?
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• finsrclowns
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Disgustipatex
                    A guard or tackle type player lining up at Tight End? Completely unheard of. I'm sure Defensive coordinators across the league are quaking in their boots.

Yeah, just like they're quaking to see who the winner of the Dumbo vs. Detmer's Backup derby will be!:rocket:
                    finsrclowns

Comment

• HenryRules
                      • Jul 2002

The Peters hype reminds me a lot of Curtis Alexander (I think that was the RB from NFLE the Bills had).

He was undrafted for a reason. You guys are talking like he might revolutionize the TE position. He may suprise, but I can't believe that people are more excited about Peters than they are about Euhus.

Comment

• McBFLO
                        • Mar 2003

Whats 1 reason to be excited about Euhus? I'm not trying to be confrontational either. I just don't really know anything about the guy, whereas Peters is different than your average TE.

Eternal optimist.

Comment

• B-DON
                          hi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Disgustipatex

name one that is just as fast and seems to be able to catch. peters could be great but i do admit he is being very hyped up but i just hope he can replace campbell

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pepperkorn
                            Whats 1 reason to be excited about Euhus? I'm not trying to be confrontational either. I just don't really know anything about the guy, whereas Peters is different than your average TE.
                            Euhus was one of the best pass-catching TE's in college last season and played TE throughout his career, whereas Peters has only played one season at TE and I think he's only caught about 25 passes or so.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HenryRules

Euhus was one of the best pass-catching TE's in college last season and played TE throughout his career, whereas Peters has only played one season at TE and I think he's only caught about 25 passes or so.
                              First of all, nobody is knocking Euhus. If he can be a contributor this year, great. As for Peters, he is a low risk/high reward player. The Bills gave up nothing to get him, but with his size, speed, and blocking ability, he should be able to make an impact for the Bills in the run-blocking department at the very least, and also be useful as an outlet receiver. People are also high on him because he stood out in the recent minicamp.

Comment

Working...
                              X