Can we get a first round pick out of Henry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Can we get a first round pick out of Henry?

Do you think we can get a first rounder out of Travis Henry *IF* McGahee works out for us?

IMO, I think a high first round pick is possible but, I think if we did trade him we would get a second round pick from some team.... He's no gamebreaker and he's YPC are solid but not great.

High first or second round pick.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

High first or 2nd? Thats a big diffrence between firsts. Currently Id say Henry trade value was/is late 1st-mid 2nd
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Sep 2003

maybe magahee will suck ass, coming off a big injury and the nfl is a different game folks, and we'll be keeping travis. just judge the backs on production next year. i don't give a **** bout potential. leave it all on the field. regardless, who ever brings it every down and PRODUCES MORE FOR THE BILLS based on there success! Should be the guy to keep. nuff said

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

3 years
        3523 yards rushing
        1 pro bowl
        27 TDs

I'd say TH is worth a 1st rounder.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

We won't get a first for him next year. NO WAY.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I agree with STampede. This year they should let TH and willis battle it out. May the best man win.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

If Corey Dillon gets only a 2nd-rounder, then no one will pay a first for Henry. Running backs don't have as much market value as one might think; in the Portis-Bailey trade, it was the Broncos that had to pay extra
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                If Corey Dillon gets only a 2nd-rounder, then no one will pay a first for Henry.
                Dillon is 29 years old.

Henry is only 25.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                  in the Portis-Bailey trade, it was the Broncos that had to pay extra
                  And no, I believe the Skins gave up Bailey AND a 2nd rounder for Portis.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Dillon is 29 years old.

Henry is only 25.
                    Good point, but I think that with Willis taking away some Carries his totals my slip a bit.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

And no, I believe the Skins gave up Bailey AND a 2nd rounder for Portis.
                      My mistake, I'm sorry
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                        Do you think we can get a first rounder out of Travis Henry *IF* McGahee works out for us?

IMO, I think a high first round pick is possible but, I think if we did trade him we would get a second round pick from some team.... He's no gamebreaker and he's YPC are solid but not great.

High first or second round pick.
                        Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        High first or 2nd? Thats a big diffrence between firsts. Currently Id say Henry trade value was/is late 1st-mid 2nd
                        I think he meant "high" as in high numbered pick (20-30) or a "low" 2nd rounder.
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                          Exhausted of Losing
                          • Mar 2004

I have no clue what Henry's value is right now. It really matter s on how well and how many carries Henry and McGahee get.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

If I were to guess at Henry's value right now, I would guess late first/early second round. The upcoming season will undoubtably affect it. The odds are it will go down a bit because he'll be sharing carries with WM. It's hard to predict though. A lot will depend on the running backs in the draft next year and the circumstances of the teams that need a RB. TH is an otherwise reliable back, with a bit of a fumbling problem. He's not a game breaker, but his productivity is worth something. If there is a run on running backs early in the draft, and a team with some cap issues needs a good running back who comes cheap with respect to the cap, this would be the ideal scenario for Buffalo.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

I think a 2nd rounder is all we'll get for him ... no one seems to value RB's that much any more. LDT and Jamal Lewis are the only top-10 RB's that I can think of in the past 5 drafts (although I think Thomas Jones might have been one too, but I'm not sure if that's 1999 or 2000).

Other than those 2 (or maybe 3) and Ron Dayne, I don't know if there's been any other picks in the last 5 in the top-15 even.

I've said it before, getting a RB that can give you 1200 yards is not that hard in today's NFL. Yes, I think Henry is good and will end up having a Curtis Martin-type career, but at the same time, there's still no market at all for RB's right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X