PDA

View Full Version : Are the fins falling apart?

justasportsfan
05-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Dolphins Make Adjustment On Coaching Staff; Chris Foerster Named Offensive Coordinator

The Miami Dolphins today made several adjustments to their coaching staff for the 2004 season, including the announcement that Chris Foerster (pictured) will take over as the team's offensive coordinator.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3263

First Marino quits. Boston and Feely are not looking good at camp . I know it's too early to speculte but I think they will be in trouble this year. Wanny is a good DC but sucks as a HC. Norv Turner has been replaced by an unknown. They are counting on a bench warmer and a rookie to fis their OL.

I have a feeling the fins will be last in our division :D

B-DON
05-10-2004, 02:42 PM
it gets better by the minute

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2004, 02:47 PM
:lolpoint:Fins

The Natrix
05-10-2004, 02:58 PM
The deciding factor whether or not the Fins finish last is Chad Pennington. If he stays healthy, The Jets and Bills battle it out for second with the Pats taking the division.

...And no, I don't have next week's lotto numbers. :mad:

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2004, 03:01 PM
:monkey:Pats

Bills and Jets will be fighting for #1.

ShadowHawk7
05-10-2004, 04:01 PM
1. Patriots 12-4
2. Bills 11-5
3. Fins (tied) 7-9
3. Jets (tied) 7-9

Bills:
Jaguars at Bills: W

Bills at Raiders: W

Patriots @ Bills: L

Bills @ Jets: W

Dolphins @ Bills: W

Bills @ Ravens: L

Cardinals @ Bills: W

Jets @ Bills: W

Bills @ Patriots: L

Rams @ Bills: W

Bills @ Seahawks: L

Bills @ Dolphins: L

Browns @ Bills: W

Bills @ Bengals: W

Bills @ 49ers: W

Steelers @ Bills: W

Goobylal
05-10-2004, 04:07 PM
The Bills will be first, the Pats second, the Jets and Dols tied for last.

Disgustipatex
05-10-2004, 05:19 PM
All mildly ******ed schedule prediction wet dreams aside, all of those things you listed arent real problems.

Colier stepped down because of his health. I dont think you can consider this an example of any sort of turmoil. Odds are, he'll be better then what we had last season. Norv Turner isnt a good OC, it's just that he has an excellent system. When he doesnt have the players for his system, it doesnt go so hot. And he didnt in Miami. The biggest issue will be in mixing up the playcalling, and I'd be surprised if anyone can do a worse job then that then Turner.

As for Boston and Feeley not doing good in camp..It's May. Early May, to be exact. Besides FA aquisitions, injury, and off-field problems, very little of what happens now matters. How a player looks without pads on means zilch.

And our offensive line, odds are, will be better then yours. Odds are for the 3rd year in a row, we'll give up less then half the sacks you do.

mchurchfie
05-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
And our offensive line, odds are, will be better then yours. Odds are for the 3rd year in a row, we'll give up less then half the sacks you do.

You're joking, right?:eek: You must be standing downwind from your pimp's bong.:dizzy: Ninety percent of your Oline was replaced this year...and not exactly with a bunch of stars either.:eek: It takes a few years for an Oline to come together...especially when the Wonderlic score of your team ALL totaled together:shortbus: is easily surpassed by the amount of teeth you'll find in an average finfan's mouth.:finfan: :ugly::peace:

SABURZFAN
05-10-2004, 06:22 PM
take it easy on the kid church.we don't need someone pulling his string about travis henry either.

mchurchfie
05-10-2004, 06:34 PM
I was taking it easy on him.:snicker:

Pride
05-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Are the fins falling apart?

Sweet, must mean that christmas is right around the corner...

Oh wait, whats that you say? It isnt december yet?

ScottLawrence
05-10-2004, 07:37 PM

Yea.... The only reason it could happen is because we got lead foot at Quarterback

Dantheman1280
05-10-2004, 08:25 PM
No way bledsoe has great speed! LMAO! And fiedler cant move! LMAO!

The Natrix
05-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

You're joking, right?:eek: You must be standing downwind from your pimp's bong.:dizzy: Ninety percent of your Oline was replaced this year...and not exactly with a bunch of stars either.:eek: It takes a few years for an Oline to come together...especially when the Wonderlic score of your team ALL totaled together:shortbus: is easily surpassed by the amount of teeth you'll find in an average finfan's mouth.:finfan: :ugly::peace:

:lol:

Samphin1
05-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Geez people, it is still way too early to be making predictions about standings, who stinks and who is great, who's o-line is better ( or in BOTH of our cases, not as bad as) and all that other crap.

I don't think the fins are falling apart ( Thurman Thomas, now that is falling apart, hope he turns it around for his sake). I do think someone isn't telling the exact truth about Collier's demotion here.

They say his health prevented him from being the OC, yet he will still be coaching the rb's. I can buy into the argument that the OC puts in more hours and effort seeing how is job entails more than just the RB position ( although judging by our passing game recently you would be hard pressed to believe that). I just don't see how he can be effective as any type of coach if his health is as bad as made out to be. If this is to be believed, I would rather him take time off form everything and get healthy before returning to coaching. Sounds like someone got on someone else's bad side, or wasn't runnign the offense as intended if you ask me.

This new guy as our OC, doesn't really bother me too much though. I suppose all great coaches started as no names, so I am willing to give him a shot before judging either way. It is only fair.

As for Bernie Parmalee being the Tight Ends coach. I have ot say that is a mind blowing WTF!?!?!?! there. For Bills fans who don't know, Bernie Parmalee was a special teams STANDOUT for Miami in the mid to late 90's. He was an all heart type of player who you couldn't help but root for to succeed. He had great success on ST and mild to moderate success as a second string RB and occasional starter. He started coaching by being a volunteer coach for Miami a few years back. Basically, he showed up at camp one day and started giving the young guys pointers on Special teams. From there he worked himself up to a paying gig and now, tight ends coach. Problem is, dude was a running back, and a smallish one at that. I am rooting for him but I cannot see Randy McMicheal learning anything from a guy who has never played th eposition, at least that I know of.

Oh well, one good thing though. At least we give you Bills fans something to talk about on a weekly basis? I swear by the number of phin related posts here, you could bet good money that you guys are closet phins fans. Especially that Natrix fellow, definately in the closet about his secret.

The Natrix
05-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
Geez people, it is still way too early to be making predictions about standings, who stinks and who is great, who's o-line is better ( or in BOTH of our cases, not as bad as) and all that other crap.

I don't think the fins are falling apart ( Thurman Thomas, now that is falling apart, hope he turns it around for his sake). I do think someone isn't telling the exact truth about Collier's demotion here.

They say his health prevented him from being the OC, yet he will still be coaching the rb's. I can buy into the argument that the OC puts in more hours and effort seeing how is job entails more than just the RB position ( although judging by our passing game recently you would be hard pressed to believe that). I just don't see how he can be effective as any type of coach if his health is as bad as made out to be. If this is to be believed, I would rather him take time off form everything and get healthy before returning to coaching. Sounds like someone got on someone else's bad side, or wasn't runnign the offense as intended if you ask me.

This new guy as our OC, doesn't really bother me too much though. I suppose all great coaches started as no names, so I am willing to give him a shot before judging either way. It is only fair.

As for Bernie Parmalee being the Tight Ends coach. I have ot say that is a mind blowing WTF!?!?!?! there. For Bills fans who don't know, Bernie Parmalee was a special teams STANDOUT for Miami in the mid to late 90's. He was an all heart type of player who you couldn't help but root for to succeed. He had great success on ST and mild to moderate success as a second string RB and occasional starter. He started coaching by being a volunteer coach for Miami a few years back. Basically, he showed up at camp one day and started giving the young guys pointers on Special teams. From there he worked himself up to a paying gig and now, tight ends coach. Problem is, dude was a running back, and a smallish one at that. I am rooting for him but I cannot see Randy McMicheal learning anything from a guy who has never played th eposition, at least that I know of.

Oh well, one good thing though. At least we give you Bills fans something to talk about on a weekly basis? I swear by the number of phin related posts here, you could bet good money that you guys are closet phins fans. Especially that Natrix fellow, definately in the closet about his secret.

Way to long. Not gonna read it.

finsrclowns
05-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

:lolcry:

BigZ
05-10-2004, 10:20 PM
The phins aren't falling apart yet......when they fire the head coach after week 3, that's when they will officially be falling apart!

Captain gameboy
05-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Acknowledging you have a problem is the first step to curing it.

Wanny has been a failure as a head coach, and has enjoyed a much longer rope than anyone in recent memory ex Cowher.

He's a good guy, and I'd like to see him do well in some other endeavor, but he completely screwed up the Bears, and he's shown nothing in Miami.

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Well, Miami's game plan will not change. They will be running the same type of offense as when Collier was planning to run. So there's no set back with learning a new offense or anyhing like that.

I personally am concerned about the amount of questions revolving around the offense.

QB is obviously a question, the o-line gelling is a serious question and David Boston being looked at to take pressure off of Ricky, Chambers and McMichael is a question mark as well.

Training camp hasn't even started yet. So there is alot left to go.

We all know about the Miami defense. Solid as rock.

The offense will have to come through.

B-DON
05-11-2004, 01:18 AM
i feel sorry for you dolphin fans that have to endure the crappiest qb controversey(talent wise) in league history.

B-DON
05-11-2004, 01:20 AM
then i noticed our crappy qb right now too and realized how you feel

Samphin1
05-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix

The funny part is, everyone knows he read it, he just won't cop to it since he has no defense for it.

I agree that Wanny is a terrible head coach. To be quite honest, I wouldn't rate him that high as a defensive coordinator either. As a talent evaluator, he also leaves something to be desired ( although a few gems on offense have to give him some credit, but defense is his strong suit and Eddie Moore and Fletcher were terrible).

All Dolphin fans everywhere figured he should have been gone last year, but alas he is still around. Looking back on it, I suppose it was the right move. There was really no one worth firing a 10-6 coach of the previous year for, Mularky included. I am not knocking your guy's coach, he is probably hands down ten times better than that joke Williams, but for us he wouldn't be a good fit.

Anyhow, unlike some of my bretheren who post here, I am a little bit worried, or should I say concerned about these latest developments. I still fele this team has a ton of talent and can work through it, I just don't see the need to add any more food on their plate ( especially with no more Jamie Nails to eat up the excess).

SeatownBillsFan21
05-11-2004, 03:34 AM
I hate the fins and u 2 samphin go back to finhaven.

saviorbledsoe
05-11-2004, 06:47 AM
Why does everyone think that the Patsies are going to be the best team in the East and win the Bowl again? I for one dont think it will happen.

1. No one has repeated since the Bills were last in the Bowl. 10 years!

2. After 2 in 3 years...the hunger will not be as strong to get back.

3. Bill Belicheck is overrated.

4. Last year they were catipulted into winning 17 out of 18 games by the Bills wupping them on day one.

Pride
05-11-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Why does everyone think that the Patsies are going to be the best team in the East and win the Bowl again? I for one dont think it will happen.

4. Last year they were catipulted into winning 17 out of 18 games by the Bills wupping them on day one.

You couldnt be more wrong my friend.

1. One could argue that since noone has repeated in 10 years, someone is due. You cannot use history as a reason for something NOT to happen. Firsts happen everyday.

2. You think hunger to win a superbowl diminishes after wins? I think it actually makes it stronger. They are on top of the hill. They are the defending champs. They will want to hold that spot at any cost. Noone wants to lose in the NFL, much less the reigning champion.

3. Please give me one example of how BB is overrated? He is currently the best coach in the league. He does the most with what he is handed. His defense is top notch. His team plays smart, disciplined football. AND THEY WIN!

4. This is just a stupid response (attacked post not poster). To think that Buffalo had ANYTHING to do with them winning 17 games after the opening day loss is insane!

justasportsfan
05-11-2004, 08:45 AM

4. Last year they were catipulted into winning 17 out of 18 games by the Bills wupping them on day one. next time you watch the NFL, try watching it w/o wearing your red, white and blue glasses.

Earthquake Enyart
05-11-2004, 08:53 AM
I wonder if Joel Collier is Joe Collier's son?

I love Wanny as a head coach.............. of the fins. :snicker:

cordog
05-11-2004, 08:56 AM

Denver 1997, 1998

BigZ
05-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I wonder if Joel Collier is Joe Collier's son?

I love Wanny as a head coach.............. of the fins. :snicker:

from the phins web site:

Collier, the son of former Bills head coach and longtime Broncos defensive coordinator Joe Collier, is married to Shirley Ann. The couple has one son, Jeremy Grayson (4/16/96) and they live in Davie.

Disgustipatex
05-11-2004, 09:18 AM

Uhh..The Broncos? The Packers went back to back too, because when you bring up the Bills, it's apparent you arent talking about winning.

Disgustipatex
05-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

Ninety percent of our O-line was replaced? You aint a mathematics major, are you?

But a few years to come together? No, it doesnt, thank you very much. Teams replacing a good portion of their line is not unheard of.

Look at the Ravens last season. They added 3, I believe, and had a 2000 yard rusher. The Giants last Super Bowl, they turned over their entire line that year.

Finfans missing teeth? The majority of Bills fans are in the Buffalo area, correct? Have you ever by any chance seen Buffalo and the surrounding areas? "Buffalo" is quite obviously a description of the she-beasts roaming around looking for stuff to graze off of.

Pride
05-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by cordog
Denver 1997, 1998

good call, didnt the pack do it 2 years in a row too?

matt
05-11-2004, 10:28 AM
I love my Bills and hope they win the division however till someone can push the patsies off the hill I pick them to win the division. Also I think the Jets will bounce back from a horrible year because of pennington and I think Edwards is the most underrated coach in the league, however they do not have a ton of talent actually they have only 2 areas of strength, thier D-line and passing attack. I do not believe Martin has another good year left and by the middle of the year they will be turning to another back probably L. Jordan who has more then his share of critics. I think the Phins are constantly over hyped, the secondary although good is not great and the line backers are slow, and although solid have no play makers, the ends are probably (outside of carolina) the best pass rushers in the league. Offensively R Williams is the best work horse back you can find although I think our boy in Buffalo Travis Henry and J. lewis would give him a fight as the best. I think the Recieving core is more hype then reality and will have to prove they can play. Also every year the bring in the QB that will take the place of Fiedler, (Lucas,Griese,now feeley) and every year they come up short. My prediction Fiedler is taking the snaps come the season opener.Division goes to the Pats, my hope is that Mularkey is as good a coach that I think he is and the Bills come in number 2 and steel the wild card from the Broncos and Bengals(thats right I said Bengals). I think the biggest drop in the AFC comes from the Titans as age and salary cap issues make them far from contenders. If anyone knocks off the pats it will be the Ravens, as they probably have the most talented team in the league and a very good coach. My very early prediction the Ravens go back to the SB after beating the Patsies in a close conference championships. ----(Take it to the bank folks, thats a wrap.)

saviorbledsoe
05-11-2004, 11:11 AM

Denver 1997, 1998

My bad...it was early in the morning :)

saviorbledsoe
05-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Pride

good call, didnt the pack do it 2 years in a row too?

No, they went to the bowl to years in a row and lost the second one to the Broncos.

saviorbledsoe
05-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Pride

You couldnt be more wrong my friend.

1. One could argue that since noone has repeated in 10 years, someone is due. You cannot use history as a reason for something NOT to happen. Firsts happen everyday.

2. You think hunger to win a superbowl diminishes after wins? I think it actually makes it stronger. They are on top of the hill. They are the defending champs. They will want to hold that spot at any cost. Noone wants to lose in the NFL, much less the reigning champion.

3. Please give me one example of how BB is overrated? He is currently the best coach in the league. He does the most with what he is handed. His defense is top notch. His team plays smart, disciplined football. AND THEY WIN!

4. This is just a stupid response (attacked post not poster). To think that Buffalo had ANYTHING to do with them winning 17 games after the opening day loss is insane!

Without making this into a SHOUTING match, I wasnt trying to discredit or put down the Patriots, I was just spouting my opinions on why I think they are not a GIVEN to win it all again this year as so many people have already handed them the trophy.

1. I was wrong about the 10 years. Broncos have repeated 6 years ago. I think that was the last dynamic team of the old NFL. Todays NFL as we all know is a 3 or 4 year win it all now and get out of the way league. Teams have less quality depth because of free agency and every great team is one injury away at all times from becoming just a good team.

2. You hear athletes talk about all the time how they just need that ring to complete their careers, you hear how hard it is to get there and do it. Yes no one wants to lose and every one wants to win the Superbowl. But how bad they want it is the question. Now if I won it two years out of 3, I know personally I may start to feel like Rocky in Rocky 3 and perhaps the Bills are Mr. T? Eye of the Tiger my friend.

3. Bill is overrated in my opinion because he does have talent. He is called a genious time and time again....but if anything I would call him a great game planner and adjuster and knows how to get a group of guys to work gel together and win. (kind of like a Phil Jackson in the NBA) A genious though? I think of a genious coach as one who can win with less talent...ie Bill Parcells.

4. If you think I am stupid for believing that something like a terible a$$ kicking to start off your season cant bring any good than so be it. I guess you have never heard of a team losing its starting QB ealry in a season and the team having to step it up a notch and rally and end up winning the Superbowl? (NE 01, ST Louis, Baltimore)
And here off the top of my head is a couple examples of when bad things sparked a fire and lifted morale and spirits to overcome and become victorious in the past.....

1. September 11
2. Pearl Harbor

So you see I am not just slamming the Pats, and I am not just looking through my Red, White, and Blue glasses. I honestly believe that some of you just have no optimism for the Bills. Dont give up on the division and the Superbowl just because it looks good for the Pats. Anything can happen in the NFL.

Socrates
05-11-2004, 11:48 AM

The Giants last Super Bowl, they turned over their entire line that year.

Umm... no actually, they turned over their entire oline in '02-'03, and suffered for it through most of the season before finally the unit started to gel and play as a cohesive group instead as individuals. Also they didn't have A.J. "Touchy" Feeley throwing the rock. And I also might add the Giants absolutely crushed Feeley in the final game of the season, they took away his ability to throw the screen pass and got in his face, ultimately leading to his dismal final outting. I expect much of the same this year from him now that the Dolphins will be asking him to do more than "Not lose the game for us" as the Eagles once asked from him.

Oh and you better hope Ricky can run, run, run for 2,000 yards, like Jamal Lewis did last season, because Baltimores passing game last year reminds me alot of this year's Dolphins passing game, a stinking pile of doo doo, with mediocre QB's playing behind olines better suited for run blocking than pass protecting.

matt
05-11-2004, 12:16 PM
I think to say the phins are falling apart would mean at one point they had it together, I cant recall the last time they won the division I think they have the longest drought in the division of claiming the afc east division title.

saviorbledsoe
05-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by matt
I think to say the phins are falling apart would mean at one point they had it together, I cant recall the last time they won the division I think they have the longest drought in the division of claiming the afc east division title.

i think they won it last back in 98. We were the wild card that year and lost to them.

SABURZFAN
05-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Socrates

Umm... no actually, they turned over their entire oline in '02-'03, and suffered for it through most of the season before finally the unit started to gel and play as a cohesive group instead as individuals. Also they didn't have A.J. "Touchy" Feeley throwing the rock. And I also might add the Giants absolutely crushed Feeley in the final game of the season, they took away his ability to throw the screen pass and got in his face, ultimately leading to his dismal final outting. I expect much of the same this year from him now that the Dolphins will be asking him to do more than "Not lose the game for us" as the Eagles once asked from him.

Oh and you better hope Ricky can run, run, run for 2,000 yards, like Jamal Lewis did last season, because Baltimores passing game last year reminds me alot of this year's Dolphins passing game, a stinking pile of doo doo, with mediocre QB's playing behind olines better suited for run blocking than pass protecting.

welcome to the Billszone.:up:

mchurchfie
05-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Ninety percent of our O-line was replaced? You aint a mathematics major, are you?

And you AREN'T an English major now, are you?:rolleyes: We'll see how good your new line does.:snicker:

Samphin1
05-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21
I hate the fins and u 2 samphin go back to finhaven.

Sounds like I have a new friend. :bigwave: :woot:

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by matt
I think to say the phins are falling apart would mean at one point they had it together, I can't recall the last time they won the division. I think they have the longest drought in the division of claiming the afc east division title.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miami won the AFC East title in 2000

Jets won AFC East in 2002

Pats won AFC East and Superbowls in 2001 and 2003.

Buffalo hasn't won the AFC East since 1995.

Just for spits and giggles...

Miami Dolphins <~~ 2 Superbowls
New England Patriots<~~ 2 Superbowls
New York Jets<~~ 1 Superbowl
Buffalo Bills<~~~ 0 Superbowls

:eek:

HAVE A NICE DAY

The Natrix
05-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Just for *****s and giggles...

Miami Dolphins &lt;~~ 2 Superbowls
New England Patriots&lt;~~ 2 Superbowls
New York Jets&lt;~~ 1 Superbowl
Buffalo Bills&lt;~~~ 0 Superbowls

HAVE A NICE DAY

:sick: :(

Halbert
05-12-2004, 01:43 AM
If N.E. wins 12 games I'll walk into the Jim Kelly club butt naked with a Patriot logo painted on each cheek.

dolfan25
05-12-2004, 11:44 AM

3. Bill is overrated in my opinion because he does have talent. He is called a genious time and time again....but if anything I would call him a great game planner and adjuster and knows how to get a group of guys to work gel together and win. (kind of like a Phil Jackson in the NBA) A genious though? I think of a genious coach as one who can win with less talent...ie Bill Parcells.

Do you realize that everytime Parcells has experienced the ultimate success that Bellichek was the Defensive Coordinator.

2 SB's with the Giants. Bill was the D. Coordinator. Parcells hadn't won a playoff game with with the Pats until Bill coached the defense after getting fired from Cleveland. When the Jets reached the AFC Championship Bill was the D. Coordinator. Bill Bellichek is a better coach than Parcells. Bellichek has had success without Parcells and Parcells has never had success without Bellichek. Hell if Bellichek wins 1 more SB with a relatively young Pats team that has just added Corey Dillon and a bunch of quality draft picks he goes up there with Walsh, Gibbs and the best NFL coaches of all time.

1 last thing. Even though I respect the hell out of Bill B. I can never remember how to spell his last name.

saviorbledsoe
05-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25

Do you realize that everytime Parcells has experienced the ultimate success that Bellichek was the Defensive Coordinator.

2 SB's with the Giants. Bill was the D. Coordinator. Parcells hadn't won a playoff game with with the Pats until Bill coached the defense after getting fired from Cleveland. When the Jets reached the AFC Championship Bill was the D. Coordinator. Bill Bellichek is a better coach than Parcells. Bellichek has had success without Parcells and Parcells has never had success without Bellichek. Hell if Bellichek wins 1 more SB with a relatively young Pats team that has just added Corey Dillon and a bunch of quality draft picks he goes up there with Walsh, Gibbs and the best NFL coaches of all time.

1 last thing. Even though I respect the hell out of Bill B. I can never remember how to spell his last name.

You wouldnt call what Parcells did last year with Dallas a success?

cordog
05-12-2004, 12:16 PM

Just for *****s and giggles...

Miami Dolphins <~~ 2 Superbowls
New England Patriots<~~ 2 Superbowls
New York Jets<~~ 1 Superbowl
Buffalo Bills<~~~ 0 Superbowls

HAVE A NICE DAY

How can you brag about Super Bowls that you probably werent around for or old enough to remember?

dolfan25
05-12-2004, 06:39 PM

You wouldnt call what Parcells did last year with Dallas a success?

Not a success to the level that a Bill Parcells or Bill Bellichek would call a success. Making it to the playoffs and losing the first game is not a success. Just ask Bills fans who remind Fin fans all the time about the very same thing. Was it a surprise? Probably, but for the great coaches I think there is only 1 thing that warrants a successful season. That's finishing with a championship.

dolfan25
05-12-2004, 06:44 PM

How can you brag about Super Bowls that you probably werent around for or old enough to remember?

Does that mean that young Yankee fans can only brag about the last 4 championships? Just so I get your logic. If I'm a 20 year old Yankee fan I can only brag about 4 championships to a 20 year old Red Sox fan? Heck even 50 year old Yankee fans could only brag about 15 of their World Series titles. Please. The sports world does not work that way. Just because the team that won 2 championships 30 years ago is a team that you hate doesn't mean their fans can't still be proud about it.

There's a reason that after a team wins a championship players often say that "they can never take this away from us".

cordog
05-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Does that mean that young Yankee fans can only brag about the last 4 championships? Just so I get your logic. If I'm a 20 year old Yankee fan I can only brag about 4 championships to a 20 year old Red Sox fan? Heck even 50 year old Yankee fans could only brag about 15 of their World Series titles. Please. The sports world does not work that way. Just because the team that won 2 championships 30 years ago is a team that you hate doesn't mean their fans can't still be proud about it.

There's a reason that after a team wins a championship players often say that "they can never take this away from us".

Exactly. How can you brag about something you could not see? Im a Pirates fan, granted they havent won anything in a long time, but i dont brag about the 1979 world series cuz i was a year old!!! I think its great, dont get me wrong, but I wasnt there to see Stargell and experience "We are family"

dolfan25
05-12-2004, 11:16 PM

Exactly. How can you brag about something you could not see? Im a Pirates fan, granted they havent won anything in a long time, but i dont brag about the 1979 world series cuz i was a year old!!! I think its great, dont get me wrong, but I wasnt there to see Stargell and experience &quot;We are family&quot;

When did being able to see something become necessary to brag about it? Heck the allies won WWII and I feel I can brag about it. Whoever is making up your rules is 1 twisted dude. It's flawed logic. No Red Sox fan could brag about Ted Williams being the greatest hitter of all time or no Brown fan under the age of 40 should brag about Jim Brown because they were too young. There's a reason that schools teach history. So people are aware of what happened before they were here. By your logic people should only be proud (or brag about)of things that occurred after they could actually remember it.

The fact is that Miami, the Jets and every other team that has won the SB have something the Bills don't. Whether it happened 20 or 30 years ago is irrelevant because as of right now the Bills don't have a championship(please dozerdog don't count those AFL championships because they don't count for jack)If the shoe was on the other foot and the Bills had 2 SB's and the Fins had none you can sure bet that Bills fans would be bringing it up frequently.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
1. Patriots 12-4
2. Bills 11-5
3. Fins (tied) 7-9
3. Jets (tied) 7-9

Bills:
Jaguars at Bills: W

Bills at Raiders: W

Patriots @ Bills: L

Bills @ Jets: W

Dolphins @ Bills: W

Bills @ Ravens: L

Cardinals @ Bills: W

Jets @ Bills: W

Bills @ Patriots: L

Rams @ Bills: W

Bills @ Seahawks: L

Bills @ Dolphins: L

Browns @ Bills: W

Bills @ Bengals: W

Bills @ 49ers: W

Steelers @ Bills: W

The BILLS will win at home against the Pats and we'll lose to Jets in the Meadowlands we never do good there!!

SeatownBillsFan21
05-13-2004, 01:13 AM
All Fin fans sucks i hate the dolphins hopefully they fall off this year and sell the team to LA or somthing along those lines.GO BILLS

Samphin1
05-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21
All Fin fans sucks i hate the dolphins hopefully they fall off this year and sell the team to LA or somthing along those lines.GO BILLS

:lol: you represent your kind well Seatdown. Although, it seems that even some of your bretheren here, might not claim you as one of their own. :hang:

cordog
05-13-2004, 10:00 AM
When did being able to see something become necessary to brag about it? Heck the allies won WWII and I feel I can brag about it. Whoever is making up your rules is 1 twisted dude. It's flawed logic. No Red Sox fan could brag about Ted Williams being the greatest hitter of all time or no Brown fan under the age of 40 should brag about Jim Brown because they were too young. There's a reason that schools teach history. So people are aware of what happened before they were here. By your logic people should only be proud (or brag about)of things that occurred after they could actually remember it.

The fact is that Miami, the Jets and every other team that has won the SB have something the Bills don't. Whether it happened 20 or 30 years ago is irrelevant because as of right now the Bills don't have a championship(please dozerdog don't count those AFL championships because they don't count for jack)If the shoe was on the other foot and the Bills had 2 SB's and the Fins had none you can sure bet that Bills fans would be bringing it up frequently.

Dude, read. Theres a difference between being proud, and bragging. I never said you cant be proud of the Super Bowls, but how can you brag about them when you did not even watch it. The closest thing youve come to it is the ESPN replays of the Super Bowls, if it wasnt for that, you wouldnt have even known what the hell happened.
And seriously dude, when have you bragged about winning WWII? What do you sit around with your German and Japanese friends and say "Well at least we beat you guys in WWII?" COME ON!!! Im PROUD of the allies winning WWII, but i dont sit around bragging about it.
Your right, schools teach history so we know about what happened before us, not so we can brag about wars and such. Thats exactly what the Dolphins SB victories are, history.

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-13-2004, 02:06 PM
All SB's that have been won are history.

You're just bitter.

I wasn't bragging, I was STATING FACTS. Take it however you want.

Samphin1
05-13-2004, 02:38 PM

Dude, read. Theres a difference between being proud, and bragging. I never said you cant be proud of the Super Bowls, but how can you brag about them when you did not even watch it. The closest thing youve come to it is the ESPN replays of the Super Bowls, if it wasnt for that, you wouldnt have even known what the hell happened.
And seriously dude, when have you bragged about winning WWII? What do you sit around with your German and Japanese friends and say &quot;Well at least we beat you guys in WWII?&quot; COME ON!!! Im PROUD of the allies winning WWII, but i dont sit around bragging about it.
Your right, schools teach history so we know about what happened before us, not so we can brag about wars and such. Thats exactly what the Dolphins SB victories are, history.

So tell me where he was "bragging" Was it when he said Miami has won two championships" ? Because looking at it objectively, if that is what you are basing your argument on, it is as weak as your o-line last year. What is he supposed to do, lie and say he Miami has never won the Lombardi trophy so that you don't have to hear about it? :scratch:

cordog
05-13-2004, 03:14 PM
So tell me where he was "bragging" Was it when he said Miami has won two championships" ? Because looking at it objectively, if that is what you are basing your argument on, it is as weak as your o-line last year. What is he supposed to do, lie and say he Miami has never won the Lombardi trophy so that you don't have to hear about it? :scratch:

Now your just being stupid. Your argument is about as weak as your O-Line this year. Obviously you can be proud of the dolphins championships. Go back to bragging about WWII.

WE HAVE 2 AFL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! EAT THAT!!!

mchurchfie
05-13-2004, 03:14 PM
All SB's that have been won are history.

You're just bitter.

I wasn't bragging, I was STATING FACTS. Take it however you want.

We don't care about ancient history.:z: If you check the archives of The Smithonian Institute you might find a little blerb about it or catch a little minor footnote about it.:z: That news is about meaningful as a two day old doughnut.:rolleyes:

cordog
05-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Who was the president when the dolphins won their last sb?

Samphin1
05-13-2004, 03:33 PM

Now your just being stupid. Your argument is about as weak as your O-Line this year. Obviously you can be proud of the dolphins championships. Go back to bragging about WWII.

WE HAVE 2 AFL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! EAT THAT!!!

You can't even keep your arguments straight there cordog. I never said anything about WWII until right now. :bf1: The fact that you called me names also, smacks of a clear violation of TOS. Don't blame me because you cannot understand the difference between bragging and stating facts. Perhaps you should take the time to learn the differences.

Also, AFL? Good for you and your team. Tell em this though. Does the AFL even exists anymore? :lol: When your teams win an actual title from an actual existing league, then you can brag, or state facts, whatever you want.

Also, about the president who was in office when we won our last Super Bowl, Richard Nixon. He later resigned in 1974 where Gerald Ford took over office. Funny note about Ford. He wasn't elected president or vice president. Both times he took over for others who vacated the office.

So tell me, I stated who the president was for our last Super Bowl title, who was in office for your last Super Bowl title? Oh, thats right, I keep forgetting... nevermind. :crazed:

TedMock
05-13-2004, 03:57 PM

Also, AFL? Good for you and your team. Tell em this though. Does the AFL even exists anymore? :lol: When your teams win an actual title from an actual existing league, then you can brag, or state facts, whatever you want.

Okay, now we're getting weak. Because two leagues merged doesn't mean we should just forget about the great teams of year's past. Whether it's the AFL, the old NFL (they merged, don't forget), or even the ABA; we can't act like the great teams and players didn't count. That would make us pretty ignorant, wouldn't it?

Samphin1
05-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by TedMock

Okay, now we're getting weak. Because two leagues merged doesn't mean we should just forget about the great teams of year's past. Whether it's the AFL, the old NFL (they merged, don't forget), or even the ABA; we can't act like the great teams and players didn't count. That would make us pretty ignorant, wouldn't it?

Talk to your boy cordog, who thins we should only cheer what we alive to see. A Dolphin fan on here brought up that Miami had won two Super Bowls and Billsfans piled on saying we were bragging about something that happened decades ago. Also, if you scroll up about 3-5 posts above your posts, another bills fan that no one cares what happened over 30 years ago ( in regard to Miami's championships) and that we are living in the past. So according to your own bretheren, yes, we should forget about the AFL and their players and even forget part of the NFL to some extent. Take your issue to them, not me. I have respect for championships big and small regardless of league usually. I only clowned on your team's acocmplishments to show how silly it was and basically because some bills fans on here attacked something that wasn't there (bragging).

cordog
05-13-2004, 04:47 PM
When did being able to see something become necessary to brag about it? Heck the allies won WWII and I feel I can brag about it.

sorry cant keep all you fins straight

cordog
05-13-2004, 04:52 PM
You can't even keep your arguments straight there cordog. I never said anything about WWII until right now. :bf1: The fact that you called me names also, smacks of a clear violation of TOS. Don't blame me because you cannot understand the difference between bragging and stating facts. Perhaps you should take the time to learn the differences.

Also, about the president who was in office when we won our last Super Bowl, Richard Nixon. He later resigned in 1974 where Gerald Ford took over office. Funny note about Ford. He wasn't elected president or vice president. Both times he took over for others who vacated the office.

So tell me, I stated who the president was for our last Super Bowl title, who was in office for your last Super Bowl title? Oh, thats right, I keep forgetting... nevermind. :crazed:

Well you just keep getting sexually aroused by the thought of the two super bowls you won 30 years ago. I guess ill just appreciate the championships my teams win while im alive.

Samphin1
05-13-2004, 06:57 PM

Well you just keep getting sexually aroused by the thought of the two super bowls you won 30 years ago. I guess ill just appreciate the championships my teams win while im alive.

Sexually aroused? I don't know what gets you off but for me it definately isn't a Lombardi tropy. I prefer women beautiful women. :ladysman: As for appreciate the championships your teams win while your alive? If you are talking about the Bills, don't hold your breath. Better yet, you might want to, less painful that way. Judging by your choice of teams, you are probably a Sacramento Kings fan in NBA play. You know, hanging up banners of division championships and never the big one. Touting how they won an ABA championships way back when. Sound familier?

cordog
05-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Sexually aroused? I don't know what gets you off but for me it definately isn't a Lombardi tropy. I prefer women beautiful women. :ladysman: As for appreciate the championships your teams win while your alive? If you are talking about the Bills, don't hold your breath. Better yet, you might want to, less painful that way. Judging by your choice of teams, you are probably a Sacramento Kings fan in NBA play. You know, hanging up banners of division championships and never the big one. Touting how they won an ABA championships way back when. Sound familier?

who are your teams man?

Samphin1
05-14-2004, 02:01 AM

who are your teams man?

I love my Dolphins but I am from California and the rest of my teams are from there. I live in the San Fran Bay Area but am a huge and I mean HUGE Lakers, Dodgers, and L.A. Kings fan. I cannot stand nay Bay Area teams ( with the exception being the A's, any natural rival of the Giants and in the other conference, are friend's of mine!, plus they do so much with so little, kind of hard not to root for them).

After watching what my Lakers did tonight and what Alex Cora did last night, I have had a pretty good sports week, if I do say so myself.

Cordog, despite our differences in football teams, I do enjoy talking to ya. I ask you honestly, who are your teams besides the Bills?

Have a good one.

B-DON
05-14-2004, 03:09 AM
i love the a's best pitchin staff in the biz

cordog
05-14-2004, 10:04 AM
I love my Dolphins but I am from California and the rest of my teams are from there. I live in the San Fran Bay Area but am a huge and I mean HUGE Lakers, Dodgers, and L.A. Kings fan. I cannot stand nay Bay Area teams ( with the exception being the A's, any natural rival of the Giants and in the other conference, are friend's of mine!, plus they do so much with so little, kind of hard not to root for them).

After watching what my Lakers did tonight and what Alex Cora did last night, I have had a pretty good sports week, if I do say so myself.

Cordog, despite our differences in football teams, I do enjoy talking to ya. I ask you honestly, who are your teams besides the Bills?

Have a good one.

Pirates, Cavs, and Sabres. Your Dodgers killed us, but i did love Cora, my roommate is a Cubs fan so i thought that was great.
BTW, I was rooting for the Spurs tonight, but that Fisher shot was UNBELIEVABLE

Samphin1
05-14-2004, 11:32 AM

Pirates, Cavs, and Sabres. Your Dodgers killed us, but i did love Cora, my roommate is a Cubs fan so i thought that was great.
BTW, I was rooting for the Spurs tonight, but that Fisher shot was UNBELIEVABLE

Tell me about it. I spille dmy beer two nights in a row. First Cora takes three days for an at bat followed by a homerun, then Derek Fisher hits the most improbable shot I think I have ever seen. I don't even think Horry's had that little of time when he beat the Kings a few years back.