PDA

View Full Version : This could ruin our season...

lordofgun
07-25-2002, 02:57 PM
I'm worried about our kicking game. Mike Hollis struggled mightily last year with the Jags. He has to kick in wind, snow, and rain now. I'm really not sold on him and I hope they know what they're doing in just handing him the job! We've improved almost everywhere, but I'm not so sure we've improved all that much in the kicking department.

He could be the difference between 10-6 and the playoffs and 6-10 with the Head Coach losing his job.

I just hope we don't have many close games...

The Shadow
07-25-2002, 03:03 PM
Hollis supposedly had a very heated falling out with Coughlin last season, not to mention was a little banged up, which affected his kicking in J'Ville I'm sure. A change of scenary may be all he needs, like Bledsoe.

Tell me you don't feel better having him vs Arians and/or Graham?

lordofgun
07-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I do feel much better about him than Arians/Graham. It's just that it's so much more crucial this year with all the additiuons we've made and the high expectations. I remember his disagreements with Coach Coughlin, and I hope you're right!

clumping platelets
07-25-2002, 03:05 PM
I feel MUCH more comfortable with Hollis at the PK. He's on a one-year deal, so maybe that increases the motivation for a better season

Special teams are 1/3 of the team........it was ST that lost the SD game last year

John from Hemet
07-25-2002, 03:06 PM
You dont go to the Pro Bowl unless you know how to get it done.....there were reasons why he struggled that have already been mentioned....

I think he will be fine

mchurchfie
07-25-2002, 03:09 PM
I agree. He was a good kicker before last year but that was in a good weather climate also. He is coming off a bad year, probably with a little bit of a confidence issue and the bad weather confines of "Da Ralph" aren't going make it any better. The only bright spot is that anyone is better than what we had in here before. I still think that they cut Christy too soon.

Aero II
07-25-2002, 03:13 PM
Just keep him away from fondu pots. He'll be fine.

BillsNYC
07-25-2002, 03:29 PM
hey....he knocked us out of the playoffs in OUR stadium!!!

lordofgun
07-25-2002, 03:36 PM
...on a nice sunny day. :D

SABURZFAN
07-25-2002, 04:47 PM
LOG,i'm a little skeptic about hollis and the Orchard Park weather.i felt that way when christie came in from tampa too.hopefully,he'll have a couple of good seasons left in him.

WG
07-25-2002, 04:48 PM
LOL Aero!!!

I side w/ Spurrier on his philosophy and that's why I think we should have done more to fix our DL issues. Spurrier reacted to Dungy's comment that he likes the game to be close in the 4th Q so that he has a chance to win it in the 4th. Spurrier said he rather be up by 4 TDs after 3 so as to give him a much larger chance for victory.

Having a good kicker is great to win the close games, but in my mind if we had a good, solid DL, with our O, we wouldn't be in many close games late. Then we'd be up more often than not, and be in a position win more often.

As it stands, if we are down late, our running game is removed and all the onus is on Drew, exactly when he's not played his best, namely under pressure late, and down.

Buffarama
07-25-2002, 07:01 PM
I'm surprised it's so hard to find a kicker!

mybills
07-25-2002, 09:15 PM
I agree with mchurch about Cristy, and wouldn't it be nice to have total confidence in our kicker? I'd take John Hall as a kicker in a heart beat if he were available. Too bad the Jets need him more :D

HenryRules
07-25-2002, 09:34 PM
Who's doing the kickoffs this year? I don't believe that Hollis did that full-time last year in Jax.

My main problem when we had Christie (at the end) is that we had no one who could do the kickoffs and I place a lot of importance on field position.

The_Philster
07-25-2002, 09:39 PM
It could very well be Brian Moorman doing kickoffs. He should have a better season if doing that this year since he won't be coming off an NFL Europe season.