X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Thurman Thomas Snubbed

Only got one vote for the top 10 of all time.

I never though too highly of Eric Dickerson...

A panel of ESPN NFL experts determines ESPN.com's Top 10 running backs of all time.
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

I think getting any votes on that list is a HUGE honor.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

True, but Terrell Davis (5)????

Two good years! Right?

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

yea, but one of those years was a 2000+ yard season, it all comes down to the old argument, who is the better band the rolling stones cause they have been good for a long time, or the beatles because they were REALLY good for a short time.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

Thurman Thomas had a season with over 2,000 yards from scrimmage, and he was a league MVP, and he's played longer. Who has accomplished more?

Thomas.

Thomas deserves like 3 more votes just for being a great always-healthy, team player who had plenty of1,000+ yard seasons.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Halbert
            I'm Not Normal
            • Jul 2002

The biggest miss is OJ. He deserves to be top 3 for what he did on the field but it's obvious his votes got knocked down for (allegedly) killing 2 people.

Comment

• Halbert
              I'm Not Normal
              • Jul 2002

Plus I agree it depends on whether you judge longevity or not. It also depends on how heavily you judge pass catching - if counted equal to rushing yards/TD's you'd have to give Thurman more than a single point.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
                The biggest miss is OJ. He deserves to be top 3 for what he did on the field but it's obvious his votes got knocked down for (allegedly) killing 2 people.
                Nah i dont think so, i think that The fact that he never won a championship is the reason he isnt in the top 3

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

my top 5 that i made about a year ago looked like this:
                  1.Brown
                  2.Payton
                  3.Sanders
                  4.Smith
                  5.Simpson

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

I totally think that OJ gets snubbed because of the killings (there is no alleged he slashed the crap out of them and got away with it)

I really wish people weren’t so worried about what other people thought and just voted on who really was the best. OJ was amazing to watch. I was only like 1 when he played but I have seen tape and he was so awesome. His legs look like they were 8 feet long. No one could catch him if he broke out (which he did A LOT)
                    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X