PDA

View Full Version : Pass on Ogun, Fuggeddaboudit.

ShadowHawk7
05-11-2004, 10:49 AM
I'll pass on him, for at least one more season. I think he really benefited from having a superstar play right next to him, and while I think he's good, I, in no way, think he's worth what he's asking for. (Doesn't the Fins want a 1st and 2nd or something? He'll also want monster contract anyway.)

He reminds me of Marcellus Wiley who had one good 10 sack season b/c he was playing rite next to a still excellent Bruce Smith, and then jumped ship for a huge contract w/ the Chargers. He then proceded to play a couple very mediocre seasons. The same thing may happen to Peerless Price as well.

If Ogun gets 13 sacks again, this season, I'd consider it next season, if he's still available.

:bigmike:

Tatonka
05-11-2004, 11:14 AM
wiley replaced bruce.. he was his understudy while he was here.. they both played RDE..

Pride
05-11-2004, 11:42 AM
In this world of FAgency, we often forget that sometimes players are only as good as their teamates and/or system they are in

Tatonka
05-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Pride
In this world of FAgency, we often forget that sometimes players are only as good as their teamates and/or system they are in

Deep thoughts, by Pride.

:D

ryjam282
05-11-2004, 12:04 PM
:lolcry:

Disgustipatex
05-11-2004, 12:07 PM
You guys act like he came out of nowhere and had 15 sacks. The season before he had 9 1/2. He's consistant, at very least.

justasportsfan
05-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
You guys act like he came out of nowhere and had 15 sacks. The season before he had 9 1/2. He's consistant, at very least. Looks like the rest of the league agree with us. I didn't see any team scrambling for his services for a 1st ,3rd and the price he's asking for. Did you?

Tatonka
05-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Looks like the rest of the league agree with us. I didn't see any team scrambling for his services for a 1st ,3rd and the price he's asking for. Did you?

fin fans also think boston is consistent.

thefixer74
05-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
wiley replaced bruce.. he was his understudy while he was here.. they both played RDE..

Thats right because Hanson was at LDE when Wiley got his 10 sacks.

thefixer74
05-11-2004, 12:28 PM

He is,consistent about being trouble,lol.

Novacane
05-11-2004, 12:48 PM

and that Feeley is the next marino

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Ogun was in a DE rotation the year he put up 9 1/2 sacks in a limited role.

Last year was his first full season as a starter and he put up 15 sacks. This guy is an excellent football player. I hope he stays with Miami.

Goobylal
05-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Ogun might be worth what he wants, but it's too much for the Bills and probably too much for the Dols. He'll likely sit out the first 10 games of the season, get his year towards UFA, and get paid next year.

Samphin1
05-12-2004, 01:15 AM
It is ok, you guys can pass on him, we wouldn't mind keeping him to ourselves thank you. Perhaps we will let him play with your offensive line for awhile on gameday befor emoving on to play with your qb eh?

Tatonka
05-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1
It is ok, you guys can pass on him, we wouldn't mind keeping him to ourselves thank you. Perhaps we will let him play with your offensive line for awhile on gameday befor emoving on to play with your qb eh?

he wont be back with the fins.. he will do you no good this year.. then leave.

Goobylal
05-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Like I said, at best he plays 6 games for the Dolfins just to accrue a year towards UFA. And without training camp and regular practice, he'll be useless.

Samphin1
05-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Actually, the stance he and his agent have taken has soften recently. The language of their last interview eems to be a little more positive and less of the threat to sit out. It was more of " I want this to work out, I want to be here" as opposed to "If they don't pay me, I will sit."

It is a small reversal, as he is still sitting out. However, I think it is a good sign of him coming around to get something done. I think O-gun is smart enough to realize that he will essentially kill any market value he has if he is perceived as a one year wonder AND a malcontent. Something tells me he plays all 16 games this season for us.

don137
05-12-2004, 12:22 PM
I think he finally realizes if he plays this year and can produce he will be in for a big payday next year. If his numbers are inflated because the opposition is more concerned with Jason taylor or if he is the real deal he will be paid like the real deal next year as long as he can put up pretty decent numbers he will cash in big time. He may not get the big payday if he just plays in 6 games...