X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Henry Trade date soon?

Maybe that Rumer Board that reported this a week ago was right on?

ESPN the MAG. has been reporting this since Feb., the Rudy Johnson/ Travis Henry interest article.

What other teams would be in the mix to take Travis off our hands?

Henry needs to be moved in the Pre-season/ Once season starts he'll only be worth a 2nd or 3rd

Re: Bills Team Report

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

I think the deal is already done to trade him to Dallas for our #1 back.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Henry for Gallery otherwise Norv can give the fins a call to see if Minor is avilable.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Either the link doesn't work or their website is acting up.

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

I think its the link.. can you take care of it Moderator?
          Originally posted by The Spaz
          Either the link doesn't work or their website is acting up.
          CBS Sportsline Re: NFL team report

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

If McGahee has a stellar season and shows he's injury free and the Bills running game is on solid ground, Henry would be trade bait in 2005. But not before that, if ever.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

GM Tom Donahoe has fielded more than one call from teams interested in trading for young Pro Bowl running back Travis Henry, but the answer has always been the same, "No thanks."

While outsiders think Henry is fast becoming expendable with 2003 first-round pick Willis McGahee ready to take the field in contact drills after recovering from major knee surgery, the Bills feel just the opposite.

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

:nosign:

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Thanks, Sounds like a bit of Marketing to see who's interested.. Or it could be some type of an official leak from the GM.

Comment

• matt
                    • Apr 2004

or it could be just a reporter needing something to report in the only time of the year that very little NFL news to report about.
                    Are we Men or are we beasts, we are beasts and you have made us beasts, we are always left,right,left,right,left, READY! Front, and the end result is cold hard steel jab between the second and third rib and TWIST- AHHHH

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by matt
                      or it could be just a reporter needing something to report in the only time of the year that very little Bills news is out.
                      Could be but ESPN the MAG. printed it months ago and it came up again a week ago on a Rumer Board... thats quite a coincidence.

2 of 3 sources are solid and once the season starts we take on a number of risks factors that could cause his value to drop to nothing.

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

McGahee is running and cutting at full speed but that's not comforting enough for the Bills to trade the proven Henry, the team's 2003 MVP and one of its locker room leaders. It's known that Donahoe is fearful that trading Henry after his gutsy 2003 season, in which he played the final 61/2 games with a broken leg, would irreparably damage team morale.

If McGahee has a stellar season and shows he's injury free and the Bills running game is on solid ground, Henry would be trade bait in 2005. But not before that, if ever.
                        YES!

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                          YES!
                          Thats exactly what I said...doesn't WM sound like he is 100%.. making Henry expendable.

It also says in the above article that MM is telling WM to "Hit the Jets" after he breaks away so it becomes second nature... He sounds more confident than ever that Willis is ready.

Comment

• John Doe
                            Florida Man
                            • Jul 2002

Thats exactly what I said...doesn't WM sound like he is 100%.. making Henry expendable.
                            It does not make Henry expendable. What happens if WM goes down? Who is his back-up if Henry is gone?

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by John Doe
                              It does not make Henry expendable. What happens if WM goes down? Who is his back-up if Henry is gone?
                              The same thing that would happen if DB went down.. you bring in a capable 2nd.. Hamrick from Dallas I think was released.

Comment

Working...
                              X