PDA

View Full Version : WM has MM confidence to "Hit the Jets"

juice
05-11-2004, 12:14 PM
This Report at sportsline says MM and staff are trying to get WM to accelerate at the end of his runs soo it becomes second nature.

Sounds like MM is approaching the season with the thought that WM is 100% fully Rehabed. If Willis was hurting or running with a limp the entire staff would be careful that he doesn't have a relapse.

The staff seems to have gained confidence in Willis's knee and I dont think since the season ended there was ever a question in WM's mind.

Very encouraging Report.LINK (www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/Buf/7317559)

SABURZFAN
05-11-2004, 12:18 PM
it's been a year and a half now since the injury.the Bills have given him plenty of time to heal.

ryjam282
05-11-2004, 12:26 PM
I agree, he will be fine. He has had plenty of time to rehab and get back to 100%. There was no rush at all and that is good.

justasportsfan
05-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by juice
[B]
The staff seems to have gained confidence in Willis's knee and I dont think since the season ended there was ever a question in WM's mind.
I didn't read that in the article above. Maybe I missed something.

juice
05-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I didn't read that in the article above. Maybe I missed something.

If the staff thought that he was hurting or at risk of re-injuring that knee or not 100% they would have him working on drills instead of incouraging him to explode at the end of runs to finish.

Like the Title says they dont seem to have any "Reservations" concerning his ability to perform on his fully Rehabed. knee.

justasportsfan
05-11-2004, 12:56 PM

If the staff thought that he was hurting or at risk of re-injuring that knee or not 100% they would have him working on drills instead of incouraging him to explode at the end of runs to finish.

Like the Title says they dont seem to have any "Reservations" concerning his ability to perform on his fully Rehabed. knee. that might just be your interpretation. It does not say anythng about being 100%. His ability is based on talent and not the injury. I doubt he's been hit at full speed up to this point which is why I would not seem to think that coaches will say he's 100% healed.

Mikey and Phil said he didn't go all out at camp. As a matter of fact, here's a picture.http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?s=&postid=597507

:couch:

juice
05-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Here is a cite that hasn't been altered by "Mikey"... WM is saying he is 100% and has no swelling."It's just getting used to the little things" WM

LINK (www.sportsline.com/nfl/playerspage/396170)

Click on Willis's name.

justasportsfan
05-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Here is a cite that hasn't been altered by "Mikey"... WM is saying he is 100% and has no swelling."It's just getting used to the little things" WM

LINK (www.sportsline.com/nfl/playerspage/396170)

Click on Willis's name. Juice, don't get me wrong, I wish he is 100%. Until he puts on those pads and starts getting hit we'll never know. of course he'll say he's 100%, remember how his agent said he was ready at the start of last year?

BigZ
05-12-2004, 10:51 AM
He'll need to get a lot of work in preseason to convince everybody (including himself) that he's 100%.

That's why we don't trade TH until WM proves himself!

saviorbledsoe
05-12-2004, 10:56 AM
If he is going to blow it out agian its better it happens now before some of these knuckleheads get their wish and Henry gets traded.

juice
05-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Juice, don't get me wrong, I wish he is 100%. Until he puts on those pads and starts getting hit we'll never know. of course he'll say he's 100%, remember how his agent said he was ready at the start of last year?

I see your point about unknowns... It just seems like the Bills staff is becoming more and more confident that Willis has Rehabed physically 100% and are pushing him to excell rather than trying to hold him back, fearing a relapse.

DraftBoy
05-12-2004, 11:00 AM
that might just be your interpretation. It does not say anythng about being 100%. His ability is based on talent and not the injury. I doubt he's been hit at full speed up to this point which is why I would not seem to think that coaches will say he's 100% healed.

Justa how can that be just an interpertation. In Knee rehab acceleration is the last part of rehab. If they are telling him to explode on the knee now then that means that they are gaining confidence in the knee. I tore my ACL 3 years ago and running full out was my last rehab thing to do. After making cuts and such. Changing speeds puts alot more strain on the knee than changing directions. Just some other info. I think physically hes 100%, mentally is more my concern.