PDA

View Full Version : Espn Radio Doubts Bills?

mightyspaz
05-11-2004, 03:22 PM
ESPN.com’s panel of NFL experts, including John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli, apparently isn’t impressed with the playoff hopes of the 2004 Buffalo Bills. In the online post-draft “NFL Power Poll” , the Bills are ranked 23rd, above only the New York Jets, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Houston, Cleveland, New York Giants, Arizona, San Francisco and San Diego. At least Buffalo is rated No. 1 among the three New York state teams. The top 10: New England, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Denver, Kansas City, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Baltimore and Tennessee. Miami is 11th.

Democrat and Chronicle (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/columns/0511CD477OM_sports.shtml)

Screw these guys. We'll see what they say around week 8!
I'm trying to find why they think Buffalo is ranked so low? No Luck.

Novacane
05-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by mightyspaz

I'm trying to find why they think Buffalo is ranked so low? No Luck.

Probably new coaching staff, no real big FA signings, DB comming off the worst season of his career, to name a couple. Does not mean I am agreeing with them. Just giving you some reasons someone would doubt our team

Novacane
05-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Don't get to worked up by it. Miami at 11 shows they don't know ****

mightyspaz
05-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Don't get to worked up by it. Miami at 11 shows they don't know ****

:lol: ... That's true. We did have on Big Fa signing and two not so big ones. But I think some of our coaching moves alone warrent respect. It just seems like they don't look at the whole picture.

Tatonka
05-11-2004, 03:31 PM
denver?

maybe, i guess..

Novacane
05-11-2004, 03:36 PM

:lol: ... That's true. We did have on Big Fa signing and two not so big ones. But I think some of our coaching moves alone warrent respect. It just seems like they don't look at the whole picture.

National guys don't realize we got better just by getting rid of GW and KG. They have 32 teams to analyze so they don't get a feel for everything.

Novacane
05-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
denver?

maybe, i guess..

Exactly. Who did they get to replace portis anyway?

mypoorfriendme
05-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Exactly. Who did they get to replace portis anyway?

tatum bell

but about our crappy rank...dont forget last year we were pretty high up there and look how that turned out. most predicted the bucs to make it to the big game again too

Philagape
05-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Actually Denver is a good sleeper team this year. They've loaded up on defense (Bailey, Lynch, Marco Coleman, Luther Ellis, Raylee Johnson, D.J. Williams). Some of them may be old but the unit will be better

Novacane
05-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

tatum bell

but about our crappy rank...dont forget last year we were pretty high up there and look how that turned out. most predicted the bucs to make it to the big game again too

Good points. And none of them picked Carolina :punk: This is just a guessing game for them

elltrain22
05-11-2004, 06:28 PM
It's all talk... I think our team has a great shot, and w/ our new coaching staff, great dee, and improved off, we are going to compete.

colin
05-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Denver is so freaking slow on D.

they have Baily who is great, but are just freakin slow otherwise.

we have a good fast d, i think it will be as good as it was last year, maybe better if we get more pressure.

if we have our 2002 O (they can be smarter, just have to have that kind of ability to score) and 2003 D and not horrible special teams we will kick some major ass

McBFLO
05-11-2004, 06:41 PM

The coaching moves get us I'd say at least 2 or 3 more wins. The O-line is going to be solid. I see the D slipping a bit, but they were #2 last year, so it'd be tough to match or beat that ranking. I'm still saying top 10. Then the offense, I think will be right around there (top 10) too. We have soooo many weapons!

ShadowHawk7
05-11-2004, 07:53 PM
dont forget last year we were pretty high up there and look how that turned out. most predicted the bucs to make it to the big game again too

I don't forget. In fact, I remember that ESPN the Mag's preview of the 2003 season, had the Bills losing to the Rams. In the Super Bowl. That turned out great. :madshake:

BigZ
05-12-2004, 11:04 AM

Probably new coaching staff, no real big FA signings, DB comming off the worst season of his career, to name a couple. Does not mean I am agreeing with them. Just giving you some reasons someone would doubt our team

Those are some. Having a first round pick (Losman) who shouldn't see much action as well as last year's first rounder still an unproven rookie add to the negative feelings for our hometown heros.

I agree with many of the posts that last year the coaching staff alone was responsible for underutilizing the talent on the club.

I'm very optimistic but can also see their point of the low rating.

If we can beat the Jags and Raiders in the first two weeks we'll be ranked in the top 10 by week 3.

Jeff1220
05-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by zielinski
If we can beat the Jags and Raiders in the first two weeks we'll be ranked in the top 10 by week 3.

That would certainly account for some respectibility, as the Jags should be a very good team and the Raiders should be solid. But I couldn't give two craps about rankings until weel 15!

Mr. Miyagi
05-12-2004, 02:04 PM
tatum bell
Denver also signed Garrison Hearst, not that he's gonna be a 1000 yard back or anything.

Those national guys have a fettish for the Phish every year, yet they fail to live up to it. I wouldn't worry about it.

Here's ESPN's power ranking at about the same time in 2003. Shows how much those morons really know:

1. Bucs (7-9, no playoffs)
2. Raiders (4-12, no playoffs)
3. Eagles (12-4, Div champ)
4. Steelers (6-10, no playoffs)
5. Titans (12-4)
6. Patriots (SB Champ)
7. Falcons (5-11, no playoffs)
8. Dolphins (10-6, no playoffs)
9. Packers (10-6, Div champ)
10. Saints (8-8, no playoffs)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrank/

BigZ
05-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220

That would certainly account for some respectibility, as the Jags should be a very good team and the Raiders should be solid. But I couldn't give two craps about rankings until weel 15!

Throw them out completely. They're just another attempt to sell newspapers.

Sometimes I think some of the players get awed by the rankings. Too many times we've stunk it up against teams we out to trounce.