• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightyspaz
    Short, Furry and Cold
    • Mar 2004

Espn Radio Doubts Bills?

ESPN.com’s panel of NFL experts, including John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli, apparently isn’t impressed with the playoff hopes of the 2004 Buffalo Bills. In the online post-draft “NFL Power Poll” , the Bills are ranked 23rd, above only the New York Jets, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Houston, Cleveland, New York Giants, Arizona, San Francisco and San Diego. At least Buffalo is rated No. 1 among the three New York state teams. The top 10: New England, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Denver, Kansas City, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Baltimore and Tennessee. Miami is 11th.
    Democrat and Chronicle

Screw these guys. We'll see what they say around week 8!
    I'm trying to find why they think Buffalo is ranked so low? No Luck.
    ThE MiGhTy SpAz
    - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

Re: Espn Radio Doubts Bills?

Originally posted by mightyspaz

I'm trying to find why they think Buffalo is ranked so low? No Luck.

Probably new coaching staff, no real big FA signings, DB comming off the worst season of his career, to name a couple. Does not mean I am agreeing with them. Just giving you some reasons someone would doubt our team

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

Don't get to worked up by it. Miami at 11 shows they don't know ****

Comment

• mightyspaz
        Short, Furry and Cold
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
        Don't get to worked up by it. Miami at 11 shows they don't know ****
        ... That's true. We did have on Big Fa signing and two not so big ones. But I think some of our coaching moves alone warrent respect. It just seems like they don't look at the whole picture.
        ThE MiGhTy SpAz
        - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

denver?

maybe, i guess..
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Fairway To Green
            • Jul 2002

... That's true. We did have on Big Fa signing and two not so big ones. But I think some of our coaching moves alone warrent respect. It just seems like they don't look at the whole picture.

National guys don't realize we got better just by getting rid of GW and KG. They have 32 teams to analyze so they don't get a feel for everything.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
              denver?

maybe, i guess..

Exactly. Who did they get to replace portis anyway?

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                • Apr 2003

Exactly. Who did they get to replace portis anyway?
                tatum bell

but about our crappy rank...dont forget last year we were pretty high up there and look how that turned out. most predicted the bucs to make it to the big game again too
                the dude abides

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Actually Denver is a good sleeper team this year. They've loaded up on defense (Bailey, Lynch, Marco Coleman, Luther Ellis, Raylee Johnson, D.J. Williams). Some of them may be old but the unit will be better
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

tatum bell

but about our crappy rank...dont forget last year we were pretty high up there and look how that turned out. most predicted the bucs to make it to the big game again too

Good points. And none of them picked Carolina This is just a guessing game for them

Comment

• elltrain22
                      • Sep 2003

It's all talk... I think our team has a great shot, and w/ our new coaching staff, great dee, and improved off, we are going to compete.
                      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

Denver is so freaking slow on D.

they have Baily who is great, but are just freakin slow otherwise.

we have a good fast d, i think it will be as good as it was last year, maybe better if we get more pressure.

if we have our 2002 O (they can be smarter, just have to have that kind of ability to score) and 2003 D and not horrible special teams we will kick some major ass

Comment

• McBFLO
                          • Mar 2003

The coaching moves get us I'd say at least 2 or 3 more wins. The O-line is going to be solid. I see the D slipping a bit, but they were #2 last year, so it'd be tough to match or beat that ranking. I'm still saying top 10. Then the offense, I think will be right around there (top 10) too. We have soooo many weapons!
                          Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                            dont forget last year we were pretty high up there and look how that turned out. most predicted the bucs to make it to the big game again too
                            I don't forget. In fact, I remember that ESPN the Mag's preview of the 2003 season, had the Bills losing to the Rams. In the Super Bowl. That turned out great. :madshake:
                            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• BigZ
                              • Sep 2003

Re: Re: Espn Radio Doubts Bills?

Probably new coaching staff, no real big FA signings, DB comming off the worst season of his career, to name a couple. Does not mean I am agreeing with them. Just giving you some reasons someone would doubt our team
                              Those are some. Having a first round pick (Losman) who shouldn't see much action as well as last year's first rounder still an unproven rookie add to the negative feelings for our hometown heros.

I agree with many of the posts that last year the coaching staff alone was responsible for underutilizing the talent on the club.

I'm very optimistic but can also see their point of the low rating.

If we can beat the Jags and Raiders in the first two weeks we'll be ranked in the top 10 by week 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X