PDA

View Full Version : Is the OL's Success in '04 only Logical?

finsrclowns
05-11-2004, 09:35 PM
First a short course in logic:

If God is love,

and love is blind,

Ray Charles is blind,

Ray Charles is God!

OR.....coaching + talent = major improvement

Erto....Sullivan and Teague are a few lessons from McNally in "zone blocking" away from being an all-pros? Hmmm....let me think that one over...

:hang:

Goobylal
05-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Who said anything about being "all-pros?" Sullivan will benefit from playing on the left side, which is where he played in college. He'll also get NFL quality coaching for the first time in his NFL career. As for Teague, he won't be plagued by inexperience on one side, and a declining player on the other.

finsrclowns
05-11-2004, 10:09 PM
The all-pro's was a joke...like the post...:shades:

In truth, I'd settle for average from those 2 and be happy with it. Because the other 3 could/should be above average.

BlueFire
05-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by finsrclowns
First a short course in logic:

If God is love,

and love is blind,

Ray Charles is blind,

Ray Charles is God!

OR.....coaching + talent = major improvement

Erto....Sullivan and Teague are a few lessons from McNally in "zone blocking" away from being an all-pros? Hmmm....let me think that one over...

:hang:

Just because an argument is legitimate doesn't mean the premises are. ;)

tampabay25690
05-11-2004, 11:12 PM
I think are line will be much improved, our right side might be one of the best in the AFC....

mypoorfriendme
05-12-2004, 12:11 AM
this is a poor excuse to share a less than mediocre joke...as far as the lines progress goes, i hope mcnally will work wonders, but at the same time we all have to remember, the gaints oline was terrible last season despite his coaching

finsrclowns
05-12-2004, 06:59 AM
this is a poor excuse to share a less than mediocre joke

:(

R. Rich
05-12-2004, 07:51 AM
The offensive line is, and will continue to be, a concern until we get to see how McNally's presence as OL coach has impacted the team.

Goobylal
05-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
this is a poor excuse to share a less than mediocre joke...as far as the lines progress goes, i hope mcnally will work wonders, but at the same time we all have to remember, the gaints oline was terrible last season despite his coaching
Well that's like saying the Steelers' offense was terrible last year, so Mularkey and Clements are a major concern. The fact is injuries played a large part in the failures of the Giant's O-line (and the Steelers' offense), and McNally already had that unit holding together by a thread BEFORE injuries. There are only so many UDFA's you can have playing on an O-line.