X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the dude
    • Jul 2003

Nice writeup of TE Euhus

I don't know how much of a genius these guys are, but they did have Euhus as one of 14 recommended "undervalued" picks. It was interesting as they documented his play in 3 games - he sounds like a better blocker than we may have given him credit for. They described several plays where he held his own against Udeze and some of the other top players in the PAC 10. Interestingly, they claim he has >15% body fat - among the highest of any TE tested - but they say this was caused by his status as a true student athlete, obtaining a 3.7 GPA. They expect a big upside as he should benefit with his full focus on football.

They also believed Nathan Chandler, QB from Iowa has all the tools to be a decent QB so perhaps I should take all their discussion with a rather large grain of salt..

Overall, they gave us a D+ for the draft. Although they liked Evans, they thought he was a bit of a reach. Pshaw - personally, I think he may be the stud of the draft. They also really slammed the Losman pick as I was wont to do myself till I read all the post-draft hype - I now believe, as do most on this board, he will be the next Favre. And if not, and he becomes the next RJ as some scouts I've read actually do purport, I'll have to carry my "Bring the Doughboy Back" sign to games.
    football genius?
    Last edited by the dude; 05-12-2004, 12:43 PM.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by the dude
    They also believed Nathan Chandler, QB from Iowa has all the tools to be a decent QB so perhaps I should take all their discussion with a rather large grain of salt..
    Chandler looked better than Travis Brown at last week's open practice...
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Euhus has not been criticized for blocking technique. It's been more a matter of his not being strong enough to sustain blocks. Conditioning will help that even as it brings his body fat down.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• the dude
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster

That's scary Phil - if Brown looked worse than this guy, we really may need to sign (ugggh) Kordell. On the bright side, if Chandler really has the skills to be a decent backup QB, we might send him off to Europe next year to get some much needed experience.

TigerJ, I heard an interview with Euhus on local sports talk radio here in Portland the weekend of the draft - the hosts were comparing Tim's attitude and excitement with other prospects they've had on the air and commented how he was a breath of fresh air. They also talked to his coordinator at OSU who thinks this kid will have a bright NFL future when he gets in true football condition - he's got "natural skills".

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

I like the selection of Euhus and this solidifies it even more.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

If he's got a lot of body fat, he can add muscle and add weight, which will only help him as a player. Cool.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
              Wasn't there a recent article bout Brown saying he was having an excellent camp, and that he showed promise from the last two games last year?
              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                • Apr 2003

and how could this guy give us a D+ with the "steal of the draft" and "the next favre"??
                the dude abides

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                  Wasn't there a recent article bout Brown saying he was having an excellent camp, and that he showed promise from the last two games last year?
                  Yeah...and maybe Brown was just having a bad day at open practice...I can only tell you what I saw and Chandler looked more in control than Brown.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                  X