PDA

View Full Version : The Jets are gonna be SOL next year.

Tatonka
05-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Jets | Talking Contract With Ellis - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 11:50:48 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum has been talking to the agent for Jets DE Shaun Ellis about a long-term deal before he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Jets | Talking Contract With Abraham - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 11:49:36 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum has been talking to Jets DE John Abraham's agent about a long-term deal before he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Jets | Talking Contract With Pennington - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 11:43:06 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum has been talking to Jets QB Chad Pennington's agent about a long-term deal before he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Pennington has said he anticipates work on a new contract being done before training camp. If not, he would not want to extend the contract negotiations during the season.

these are just the big name FA's they have.. not to mention Lamont Jordan..

:beers:

Ebenezer
05-12-2004, 10:20 AM
the Jets cap isn't bad...if they structure the deals well it should be no problem to get them all under contract...if they want to be there...

Tatonka
05-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
the Jets cap isn't bad...if they structure the deals well it should be no problem to get them all under contract...if they want to be there...

stop ruining it for us! :tongue:

Ebenezer
05-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
stop ruining it for us! :tongue:

sorry...it's my job...

B-DON
05-12-2004, 01:52 PM
hopefully pennington leaves

casdhf
05-12-2004, 04:33 PM
I don't think he'll leave, I just think he'll get Peyton Manning money.

Tatonka
05-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
I don't think he'll leave, I just think he'll get Peyton Manning money.

i agree.. and he should i think. i truely believe that he is going to be the next great great qb of our time. hopefully he ends up to be marino great.. meaning he never has the team to win a superbowl.. but he is damn good.

TigerJ
05-12-2004, 09:41 PM
I'd be surprised if he got Peyton Manning money. He hasn't been a starter that long. You've got to believe the QB is absolutely in the top two or three in the league to tie up cap dollars like that, because it has to hurt the team in other areas. I think he'll be well paid, in the 7-9 million per year range though.

Tatonka
05-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I'd be surprised if he got Peyton Manning money. He hasn't been a starter that long. You've got to believe the QB is absolutely in the top two or three in the league to tie up cap dollars like that, because it has to hurt the team in other areas. I think he'll be well paid, in the 7-9 million per year range though.

i would give him 10 mill a year if it got him off the jets. :D

TKO
05-13-2004, 12:57 AM
I'd take either DE if we cannot re-sign Schobel or no one establishes themselves at LDE. That is, if the NYJ don't resign them and our roster is attractive enough to them as FAs.

Ebenezer
05-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
I just think he'll get Peyton Manning money.

Originally posted by Tatonka
i agree..

you're both smoking...