PDA

View Full Version : WR Coleman Returns For Second Season

The Spaz
05-12-2004, 02:42 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/coleman512_subsq.jpgDid you ever wonder what a young player does after he completes his first full season as a professional football player?

Bills second year wide receiver, Clarence Coleman, who was an undrafted rookie free agent in 2002, worked on his speed and his hand coordination this offseason.

"I've gotten faster and I really worked on my hands and getting off the jam," Coleman said.

Colman did not only work on receiving the ball, he also worked on returning. Having the experience of being a punt and kick returner in both high school and college, he feels that if the opportunity comes up, he could get the job done.

"With Antonio Brown there, it's a tough spot to get right now," Coleman said. "I did return last year in preseason. I just hope to get another opportunity at that."

This offseason Coleman also shared his knowledge of the game when he helped out at his former school, Miramar High School. When he goes back home to Miami in June, he will also run a kids football camp.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=242785

TigerJ
05-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Interesting. Coleman expects to be on the roster. I think last year he was quick more than fast, running the 40 in the 4.4 - 4.45 range. I wonder how much faster he got. Football teams tend to not communicate that kind of stuff as if it were on a par with military secrets.

justasportsfan
05-12-2004, 06:39 PM
I'd like to see more of this kid.

ShadowHawk7
05-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Great article. I really was rooting for Clarence Coleman (MiniMoulds) in the preseason and the season. He really ripped it up in the preseason. I'd reely like to see what this guy can actually do when given time, and a good opportunity. Unfortunatly he never really got his shot. (8 catches, 69 yards) He'll also have to make strides to keep his roster spot. He'll prolly duke it out w/ Shaw, and Aiken for the 4th WR spot. If he has really gotten faster, (already was faster than Shaw, Reed, and maybe Aiken) and is improved in many other areas, he could be the sleeper of the season. Good luck kid! :beer:

TigerJ
05-12-2004, 09:53 PM
It not saying a lot to describe Coleman as faster than Shaw, Reed, or Aiken. BTW, Aiken is the slowest in that group, clocking at around 4.65. Shaw is the fastest at a hair under 4.5. That's not bad, but it's not really going to scare too many DBs. Coleman, if he could shed the initial jam had the quickness to get separation last year. If he's faster and stronger, he could really do something. Aiken gets separation on the basis of his moves, and then he uses his size. He's not as tall as the top three in this year's draft, but at 6'2" he can out jump a lot of DBs.

ShadowHawk7
05-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Good analysis Tiger, and your right, being faster than those 3, isn't really saying much. I didn't reely know how fast Aiken was in the first place, so thankx for the tip. Mini Moulds could be a great #4, maybe even lining up in the slot at times, if, like you said Tiger, he can use his new strength to beat that initial jam.
Whoever our top 5 WRs are, we should, and I believe we'll have one of the best WR corps in the league.

lordofgun
05-12-2004, 10:22 PM
If he were a kick returner, that would be a very clever title!

Tatonka
05-13-2004, 12:19 AM
it is funny how he refers to brown as almost being a shoe in for the kick returner job like the guy did anything special last year.

i would be happy with
moulds, evans, reed, shaw, aikens, coleman.