PDA

View Full Version : ingtar...what's the 'scout's word' on Modrak?

shadowfax
05-12-2004, 03:47 PM
I read HERE (http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/108331606592710.xml) that the agent for former Eagles guard Welbourne said that the best way to get out of philly is to mention Tom Modrak.

Knowing what you know about the politics and personalities of the scouting world, why do you think Reid and Co. are so sensitive about Modrak?

I imagine it's one of three or four things:

1. They wanted credit for Modrak's successes there.
2. He didn't sign on for decisions such as Freddie Mitchell and some of their other, less productive picks.
3. They don't think he's any good, and Reid is more responsible for their successful picks during the Modrak years.

I can't imagine it's just 'personalities'. Adult people with conflicting personalities move on with civility. They wouldn't tend to be so sensitive about people...there has to be some kind of grudge or bad blood there.

Throne Logic
05-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Better question for Ingtar: Do you still have a job?

TigerJ
05-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Do you know something the rest of us don't, Throne Logic, or is it just your best guess that Ingtar works for Phillie?

shadowfax
05-13-2004, 11:17 AM
That would be waaaay too ironic. Mr tar? Ing? You there?

Originally posted by TigerJ
Do you know something the rest of us don't, Throne Logic, or is it just your best guess that Ingtar works for Phillie?

Ingtar33
05-13-2004, 12:41 PM
ah, well, this is sort of different from the way it normally works.

See the front office normally is about the only thing that never seems to change in the nfl, well normally. And what change there is, it is often slow and gradual.

Now as to this situation, its sort of been known for a few years now that Reid is sort of a... well... small, petty, man. He hated the fact that Modrak got most of the credit for building the eagles, so when Modrak was finally fired (as per Reid's request), it was well and truly known outside the eagles, and inside the eagles that being a "Modrak" man in Philly was a good way to get fired.

That being said, the two who were fired for hanging out with Modrak... that is not a surprise, that could get a scout fired (if its how i heard, where they were taking the same transportation as sort of a joint scouting trip). This situation is a little strange. Mostly the NFL is a little more professional than this. But it seems Reid wants to build his own little empire, and what do small men do when they follow a near legend, or someone they feal they can't measure up to into power? They destroy all monuments, books and records that mention the one they feel insignificant to.

Seems to me Reid is a very small man.

Earthquake Enyart
05-13-2004, 01:00 PM
So you're saying that the NFL is like any other workplace with all the petty bs?

There's a little guy at work out here that had built his own little empire destoying all monuments... :snicker:

TigerJ
05-13-2004, 09:52 PM
It doesn't sound like Ingtar is speaking as an insider in the Eagles organization. I guess we can cross them off the list. LOL

Mr. Miyagi
05-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Great iinsight Ingtar. Nice read.

thefixer74
05-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
ah, well, this is sort of different from the way it normally works.

See the front office normally is about the only thing that never seems to change in the nfl, well normally. And what change there is, it is often slow and gradual.

Now as to this situation, its sort of been known for a few years now that Reid is sort of a... well... small, petty, man. He hated the fact that Modrak got most of the credit for building the eagles, so when Modrak was finally fired (as per Reid's request), it was well and truly known outside the eagles, and inside the eagles that being a "Modrak" man in Philly was a good way to get fired.

That being said, the two who were fired for hanging out with Modrak... that is not a surprise, that could get a scout fired (if its how i heard, where they were taking the same transportation as sort of a joint scouting trip). This situation is a little strange. Mostly the NFL is a little more professional than this. But it seems Reid wants to build his own little empire, and what do small men do when they follow a near legend, or someone they feal they can't measure up to into power? They destroy all monuments, books and records that mention the one they feel insignificant to.

Seems to me Reid is a very small man.

:up: