X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Cut or trade Shaw?

I'm not saying I would definitely like to see it happen, just throwing it out there. I think Moulds, Evans, Reed are #1, #2, #3 respectively, no doubt about it. Antonio Brown will probably be cut because he is rotted out. I'm not saying Shaw isn't any good, but what is to become of Aiken and Coleman? It's pretty outrageous to get rid of Aiken after a rookie season considering he was a 4th rounder, and I really like what I saw from Coleman in limited action. Again, shaw isn't that bad and he held his own as a #2 (if a weak one) but now that he is unquestionably a #4, then why not cut him loose and give him a chance to get a better opportunity elsewhere? What you see is what you get with Shaw. We are not going to see a huge improvement in the guy's play. But there is a better chance we could see a marginal or huge improvement in Coleman or Aiken's play or both, so why not? Worst case senario: a slight downgrade at the #4 position. Better case senario: an upgrade at the #4 WR for LESS $$$. Best case senario: One of those two guys steps up and replaces a struggling Reed or Evans, although unlikely. Shaw was a nice player last year, but I'm not sure where he fits in this year.
    Last edited by The Natrix; 05-12-2004, 11:34 PM.

Byrd.
  • chubluv
    BillsZone bowling team MVP
    • Jan 2003

I cant see us keeping 7 WRs unless MM loves them all and thinks he has quality depth at all other positions. I think Shaw or Coleman would be the odd man out unless antonio Brown has a crappy camp then he would be gone...

We are in 5th place
    Clump is on the IR
    Chubluv average is 167
    Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
    Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• chubluv
      BillsZone bowling team MVP
      • Jan 2003

also dont forget Jonathon Smith from GTech that we drafted he can play RB or WR so this should be an interesting camp to see how it all goes down.

We are in 5th place
      Clump is on the IR
      Chubluv average is 167
      Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
      Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

I don't see any reason to keep Antonio Brown around. He has no quicks, moves, or feel for the return game. Yes, he is fast, but so was Michael Johnson and my high school track captain.

Byrd.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i dont think that there is any way we get rid of shaw.. he makes no money.. and he is an incredible number 4.. that covers us in case of injuries.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TKO
            • Dec 2003

I remember reading somewhere that Mularkey was looking to use Shaw/Reed interchangeably in the slot position so I don't see Shaw being released. Plus, he provides good depth at WR so I think it would be wise to keep him on the roster in case of injuries.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
              • Apr 2003

antonio brown i think is as close as a gurentee cut as there is on this team
              the dude abides

Comment

• TKO
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                antonio brown i think is as close as a gurentee cut as there is on this team
                I hope so. He's a waste of a roster spot.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                  • Mar 2004

Shaw is way more proven than reed he should stay b4 reed IMO.GO BILLS

Comment

• B-DON
                    hi
                    • Mar 2004

reed is still young and will be better than shaw but i still wouldt cut shaw

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                      • Mar 2004

Me too i think they should split time but training camp will decide all but we shoul keep shaw he had the best stats of all our wideouts last season but moulds was hurt. Anyways GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Cutting Shaw, who was very productive for us in 2003 and costs little, would be blatantly stupid. Unless his camp in 2004 is totaly awful, the only way he's leaving Buffalo this year is via a trade.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TKO
                          • Dec 2003

Isn't Shaw familiar with Mularkey's offense as well?

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                            • Jul 2002

maybe he can give PR a shot this year, and maybe McGee/smith on KR?
                            Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Shaw likely isn't going anywhere given his experience in the face of a mostly-inexperienced WR corps and his familiarity with MM's system, and probably wouldn't fetch enough to make trading him worthwhile anyway. I say Moulds, Evans, Reed, and Shaw are locks and make for a formidable WR corps. I think that they keep 6 WR's meaning the last 2 spots are a dogfight between Aiken, Brown, Coleman, and Smith (probably makes the PS). Whoever shows the most in pre-season and training camp wins, and hopefully they make it hard on the Bills coaches.

Comment

Working...
                              X