PDA

View Full Version : BILLS will play Cleveland in a scrimmage for a third straight yr.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-13-2004, 12:07 AM
If you go back to my post Breaking down the Bills 2004 schedule I said that we scrimmage Cleveland in training camp every year well was I right? this will be the third straight yr. I don't like us scrimmaging them this means that they got our plays and they know if we're going to pass or run the ball oh and by the way we play them here Dec. 12th :z:

Tatonka
05-13-2004, 12:11 AM
i was thinking about making the drive up to see this game.. do you have to buy tickets? is it hard to get a hotel room there by training camp?

TKO
05-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
do you have to buy tickets?
I believe tickets go on sale through tickets.com soon, as they're sold at Tops Supermarkets stores in NYS.

is it hard to get a hotel room there by training camp?
I go to college in the area & I'd say there's enough hotels nearby, but I've never had to rent a room so I could be wrong.

Tatonka
05-13-2004, 08:23 AM
i am thinking about renting an RV for the trip and maybe staying up there for 3-4 days.

Michael82
05-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by TKO
I believe tickets go on sale through tickets.com soon, as they're sold at Tops Supermarkets stores in NYS.

I go to college in the area & I'd say there's enough hotels nearby, but I've never had to rent a room so I could be wrong.

You can only get tickets at Tops, not online. I will be there when they sell them and will get a whole bunch...the maximum amount they allow me too. Last time, I think 2 years ago, they were sold out within 3-4 hours.

Tatonka
05-13-2004, 11:56 AM
mikey, i may get you to get me a couple.. i will get back to you on that.

Michael82
05-13-2004, 12:15 PM
mikey, i may get you to get me a couple.. i will get back to you on that.

no prob. :up:

The_Philster
05-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
You can only get tickets at Tops, not online. I will be there when they sell them and will get a whole bunch...the maximum amount they allow me too. Last time, I think 2 years ago, they were sold out within 3-4 hours.

last year, Scotty, Kenny, Dee and I got them at the Browns box office.

Tatonka
05-13-2004, 09:38 PM
mikey, could you get 4 tickets for me if needed? and how much would i owe you? i would paypal you the money of coarse.

Tatonka
05-13-2004, 09:42 PM
also.. does anyone know, could you park an RV at the St. Johns? or does parking get pretty tight? we were thinking about just staying there.

check out the RV we are looking at renting.. this thing is sweet.

http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/brands/b.asp?brandID=ja

Tatonka
05-14-2004, 07:54 AM
anyone?

Michael82
05-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
last year, Scotty, Kenny, Dee and I got them at the Browns box office.

Last year it was in Cleveland. :rolleyes:

Michael82
05-14-2004, 12:43 PM
mikey, could you get 4 tickets for me if needed? and how much would i owe you? i would paypal you the money of coarse.

yeah, i can do that. :D

Michael82
05-14-2004, 12:44 PM
also.. does anyone know, could you park an RV at the St. Johns? or does parking get pretty tight? we were thinking about just staying there.

check out the RV we are looking at renting.. this thing is sweet.

http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/brands/b.asp?brandID=ja

I'm not sure about that. You don't really park at Fisher anyways. We all park at the shuttle bus parking lots.

Tatonka
05-14-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm not sure about that. You don't really park at Fisher anyways. We all park at the shuttle bus parking lots.

well, i would like to have RV close on hand.. to tailgate at, and run back to for bathroom breaks..ect.

did you look at the pictures.. thing is sweet.

Pride
05-14-2004, 02:07 PM
how much does an RV like that cost to rent for 3 days?

LtBillsFan66
05-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Hmmm. Tailgating, rvs, etc...

I went to the scrimmage 2 years ago. It really wans't the type of event to tailgate at.

And as far as the scrimmage itself. The first team played for one drive.

Patrick76777
05-14-2004, 02:13 PM
I also went to Cleveland for it last year. I got good seats down near the endzone. It was cool being there but it wasn't great. I ended up making a nice mini-family vacation out of it so we had a good time.

Earthquake Enyart
05-14-2004, 02:27 PM
If Mike gets you tickets, do you have to sit by him?

That would ruin the whole vacation! :bigmike2:

B-DON
05-14-2004, 02:41 PM
nice rv i could live in that thing

Michael82
05-14-2004, 04:39 PM
well, i would like to have RV close on hand.. to tailgate at, and run back to for bathroom breaks..ect.

did you look at the pictures.. thing is sweet.

Umm, you really can't park anywhere near St John Fisher and it's not really a tailgate type of Scrimmage. It's more like a place for you to park in one of the lots, and take the shuttle to Fisher, watch the :boring: scrimmage and then go home.

Tatonka
05-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Umm, you really can't park anywhere near St John Fisher and it's not really a tailgate type of Scrimmage. It's more like a place for you to park in one of the lots, and take the shuttle to Fisher, watch the :boring: scrimmage and then go home.

but there is training camp there every day right? so we were thinking we would get there on thursday, watch training camp.. watch the browns/bills practice on friday, the scrimmage on saturday, then head back..

not a good idea?

me and a couple of close friends are just looking for a fun get away from the wifes.. a road trip. :D

you dont think this is a good atmosphere?

Originally posted by Pride
how much does an RV like that cost to rent for 3 days?

we did the math.. four days, about 1200 miles + gas and food to stock the frig up.. 1200$ / 4 guys.. 300 each.

mikey.. how much are tickets?

Tatonka
05-15-2004, 12:18 AM
also.. is it a bad assumption that we would get to meet some players, get autographs and photo's with them, ect?

id appreciate honest answers.. because i dont want to waste my time or money if going to see training camp sucks..

i have been wanting to do it for a long time.. i am getting ready to have a child in the near future.. so this may be my last shot at it.

Tatonka
05-15-2004, 08:16 PM
anyone?

Dozerdog
05-15-2004, 08:20 PM
I think an RV would be an over-the -top expense for a scrimmage. You would be better off waiting to rent that pig for the opener. Maybe hit a college game that week too-

For that money- you could stay at the fanciest hotel in rochester and do a day trip to Toronto. :up:

Dozerdog
05-15-2004, 08:24 PM
http://www.utm.edu/~jrogers/badmotels/bad_florida.jpg

Fanciest Hotel in Rochester! :up:

Michael82
05-15-2004, 08:39 PM
With the recent gas prices, I agree with Dozer. It would cost too much to bring an RV to Rochester for the training camp/scrimmage. You would be MUCH better off going to Rochester and finding a motel or hotel somewhere by ST John Fisher.

Tatonka
05-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I think an RV would be an over-the -top expense for a scrimmage. You would be better off waiting to rent that pig for the opener. Maybe hit a college game that week too-

For that money- you could stay at the fanciest hotel in rochester and do a day trip to Toronto. :up:

300$ a person for a 4 day vacation is not bad at all.. i dont think.. and 2 of the guys that are going are cleveland fans.. we have talked about going to see training camp for years.

i am not worried about the cost at all really.. i just want to have a fun road trip and see the bills.

Tatonka
05-15-2004, 10:37 PM
With the recent gas prices, I agree with Dozer. It would cost too much to bring an RV to Rochester for the training camp/scrimmage. You would be MUCH better off going to Rochester and finding a motel or hotel somewhere by ST John Fisher.

what are the gas prices like up there?