PDA

View Full Version : More On Marc Ross

mightyspaz
05-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Marc Ross quietly wondered if his recent dismissal by the Eagles had something to do with his relationship with Tom Modrak, who was fired by the Eagles after the 2001 draft.

The professional relationship ultimately worked for Ross, 31, the resident of Folcroft and former Eagles director of college scouting, as he joined Modrak and the Buffalo Bills Wednesday as the club’s national college scout.

"I am excited about the opportunity to work in the Bills organization and to work for Mr. Ralph Wilson, for whom I have a tremendous amount of respect," Ross said, a reference to the Buffalo owner. "I like the direction the Bills are going and I am looking forward to working with and learning from (club president) Tom Donahoe and Tom Modrak. Both have a lot of experience and have been successful over the years. I am excited about the whole direction of the Bills organization."

Ross grew up in Sharon Hill and earned All-Ivy League honors in 1993-94 playing wide receiver at Princeton, where he holds five records.

Ross was graduated from Princeton with a B.A. in sociology in 1995 and earned a master’s degree in sport management from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in 1997.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1675&dept_id=18170&newsid=11641646&PAG=461&rfi=9

ryjam282
05-14-2004, 06:27 AM
Thanks SPaz

R. Rich
05-14-2004, 08:35 AM
How do you know it's the offseason?

When the hiring of a scout gets 3 different threads.

thefixer74
05-16-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich

:rofl:

mypoorfriendme
05-16-2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich

gotta love it!

Ingtar33
05-16-2004, 03:59 AM
you know, if I have to stay in NFL scouting/front office work, I’d love to see my name on this board and read folks discussing my hire with the Bills.

of course I have seen my name once... it was part of a quote... sort of cool to see it here i must admit. I've also seen myself quoted a few times as an anonymous league source too in some of the stories during the lead up to the draft... very cool as well.

Got to love the off-season.

Goobylal
05-16-2004, 07:31 AM
Have you ever interviewed for a job with the Bills, Ingtar? I'm sure being a Bills fan would only help.

TigerJ
05-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Ingtar: "Got to love the off-season."

Me: "Got to survive the off-season."