PDA

View Full Version : who is the most over rated bill

bills_7
05-13-2004, 07:11 PM
(saw this on another MSG board thought it would interesting to see what u guys r gonna say)

now that ruban is gone, who do u think is the most over rated bill....

im gonna have to go with clements....

sure he is a good coverage man(most of the time).... but he doesnt really have the big play in him as much as a star corner should.....

ScottLawrence
05-13-2004, 07:14 PM
I agree... Clements is overrated.

Drew's not overrated anymore, he just sucks now.:)

casdhf
05-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Pat Williams. I didn't see a thing from him last year.

Devin
05-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Clements? id have to disagree there he may not be the most dominant CB in the NFL but hes hardly overrated and in fact in 1-2 more seasons I believe he will be among the NFL elite at the position.

I would have to say probably either Teague or Posey. Hopefully Posey steps it up a bit this year.

The Spaz
05-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Clements? id have to disagree there he may not be the most dominant CB in the NFL but hes hardly overrated and in fact in 1-2 more seasons I believe he will be among the NFL elite at the position.

I would have to say probably either Teague or Posey. Hopefully Posey steps it up a bit this year.

When was Teague highly thought of?

mypoorfriendme
05-13-2004, 08:24 PM
spikes or milloy :couch:

now im not saying theyre not great players, but i think the hype beat out their play this season. spikes made some plays, but it seemed like he was getting blocked quite a bit and missed a few tackles

Bruce is Loose
05-13-2004, 08:25 PM
jennings... had a good year for a rookie, followed it by a sub-par year for a left tackle - granted its a hard position but hes spoken of like the second coming

Mahdi
05-13-2004, 08:25 PM
I'd have to say Brian Moorman....we've pinned one too many SB hopes on him!

juice
05-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
(saw this on another MSG board thought it would interesting to see what u guys r gonna say)

im gonna have to go with clements....

sure he is a good coverage man(most of the time).... but he doesnt really have the big play in him as much as a star corner should.....

Clements middle name is Big Play... if anything he doesn't play the run with full intensity all the time..but has the ability to be a dominant all Pro Corner.

Bruce is Loose
05-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Mahdi
I'd have to say Brian Moorman....we've pinned one too many SB hopes on him!

seriously... he has one ***in job - kickin the ball... should he be able to boot it a solid 90 yards? Im sick of his measly 60 yard punts

The_Philster
05-13-2004, 08:29 PM
:lol:
Originally posted by juice
Clements middle name is Big Play... if anything he doesn't play the run with full intensity all the time..but has the ability to be a dominant all Pro Corner.

:huh: Big Play doesn't start with a 'D'
Full name - Nathan D. Clements http://www.buffalobills.com/team/playerpage.cfm?player_id=33929

The Spaz
05-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
:lol:

Full name - Nathan D. Clements http://www.buffalobills.com/team/playerpage.cfm?player_id=33929

I don't think he meant it literally.

The_Philster
05-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I don't think he meant i literally.

I know...but it was just out there for me. :D

Tatonka
05-13-2004, 08:39 PM
eric moulds.

Mahdi
05-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by tanked
seriously... he has one ***in job - kickin the ball... should he be able to boot it a solid 90 yards? Im sick of his measly 60 yard punts

I was JK bud!

Bruce is Loose
Originally posted by Tatonka
eric moulds.

shut the **** up with your blashphemy

Bruce is Loose

I was JK bud!

who you callin bud?

Mahdi
05-13-2004, 08:48 PM
who you callin bud?

Well ..i apologize if that came off as an insult ....wasnt intended as one.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-13-2004, 09:02 PM
overrated?? Id say Posey he really sucked last year or id say Mike Willams he was pretty bad last year.But not nate he the man in our sec.Anyways GO BILLS

Mr. Cynical
05-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Winfield, but he's gone now.

On the defense I'd say Milloy.
On the offense I'd say it depends where you look. On this board, Henry. In general I'd say Moulds. (Hiya Tonk!)

Tatonka
05-13-2004, 09:37 PM
shut the **** up with your blashphemy

how am i wrong? i am not saying that he isnt good.. but he is not a top 5 receiver in my mind.. he is very rarely dominant like the other top wrs are..

i still love the guy.. i have his jersey.. i just dont think he is as good as he is made out to be by us fans.

look at fantasy football rankings.. i think they are a much better indicator of what the public believes.. and he is barely top 10

chubluv
05-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Alright the most overrated player on the Bills is Antonio Brown without a doubt. This guy was supposed to be our burner to strecth the field on passing plays & kick butt in the return game. The guy barley missed tripping on his own shoelaces...

Mr. Miyagi
05-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Full name - Nathan D. Clements
Actually his full name is Nathan DamnYouSissyAssPhilsterForNotBelievingThatIAmBigPlay Clements.

finsrclowns
05-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Josh Reed.

Tatonka
05-13-2004, 10:51 PM
i dont understand why you guys are naming players like posey and reed and clements..

these guys are not superstars or even considered highly among anyone other than a few poster. clements may be the exception.. but reed and posey? come on.. who is saying that they are great at this point?

mypoorfriendme
05-13-2004, 11:52 PM
im shocked no one criticized my spikes criticism...but for what it means, i dont think moulds or henry are over-rated at all. moulds has amazing hands and puts up a lot of numbers when hes healthy. id say hes top 10 for sure.

Mr. Cynical
05-14-2004, 01:20 AM
i dont understand why you guys are naming players like posey and reed and clements..

these guys are not superstars or even considered highly among anyone other than a few poster. clements may be the exception.. but reed and posey? come on.. who is saying that they are great at this point?

Agreed. :)

Although I can *sort of* see why people might say that...as I mentioned in my post it depends on where you look for the people "overrating" the player. As to who overrates these 3 guys:

Zone --> Clements, Reed (split on him actually)
Media --> Clements
Bills Coaches --> Posey, Reed, Clements
Bills Players --> Not sure they overrated any of these guys, at least not on camera.
Bills GM --> Posey

As for Spikes, its funny....I almost wanted to agree with you mypoorfriend, but then I remembered he did pretty well. The problem is that he wasn't getting many flashy type plays...they were mostly blue collar stuffs.

ParanoidAndroid
05-14-2004, 01:24 AM
Mike Williams. He hasn't shown that he is worthy of his draft pick.
Two seasons may be a bit quick to judge, but he was supposed to help right away.

B-DON
05-14-2004, 01:42 AM
mike williams

thefixer74
05-14-2004, 01:45 AM
Willis McGahee,untill he proves himself.

The_Philster
05-14-2004, 04:51 AM

I think, in the case of Posey, people have the mistaken impresson that he's playing the same position here that he was playing in Houston when he racked up some decent sack numbers.

casdhf
05-14-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by thefixer74
Willis McGahee,untill he proves himself.

I agree with that 100%. Everyone is saying trade Henry before Willis even sets foot on the field. :fish:

R. Rich
05-14-2004, 06:47 AM
Mike Pucillo

Earthquake Enyart
05-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Fletcher.

R. Rich
05-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Is this limited to players only?

Tatonka
05-14-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Fletcher.

absolutely.

Patrick76777
05-14-2004, 07:53 AM
Worst thread ever. The only thing it's going to do is make a new fan whipping boy and I hate that! Just like when Chuck Dickerson and his moron crew ran Glenn Parker out of town. He only went on to be the MVP of a very good KC team and helped the Giants get to the SB!

Who cares who might be over rated!

Tatonka
05-14-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Who cares who might be over rated!

people who are bored during the offseason... obviously.

Patrick76777
05-14-2004, 08:01 AM

people who are bored during the offseason... obviously.

I know, I just think it’s counter-productive!

Just another example of the negative Buffalo attitude!

chernobylwraiths
05-14-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Fletcher.

I can't believe it took till now for someone to say his name. I like London, but I believe that HE has to be the most overrated Bill.

chernobylwraiths
05-14-2004, 08:03 AM
The most overrated Bill?

Bill Romanoski

The Spaz
05-14-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
I know, I just think it’s counter-productive!

Just another example of the negative Buffalo attitude!

:bf1:

Jan Reimers
05-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Jasen Esposito

HenryRules
05-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Ironic proposal of the day ... Travis Henry.

In a similar vein to the Moulds nomination. Henry is right around the 10th best back in the league I'd say, but everyone (media and fans) seem to treat him as though he's right there with Lewis and Portis. I think there's a group of 3 or 4 that are at the top, then a significant drop-off in calibre to the next group of 6 or 7. I'd put Henry in that second group.

HenryRules
05-14-2004, 10:04 AM
For players that are overrated on this board, I'd nominate Coleman and Aitken. For the litte they've done, I can't believe how high some people are on them.

DraftBoy
05-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Offense-Bledsoe, Henry, Moulds
Defense-Clements, Milloy, Posey

Posey played OLB at Houston and his main job was rushing the passer very much similar to what he was supposed to do here. He played OLD again and was here to rush the passer in passing downs. He didnt do his job plain and simple. Dont get into all the crap about a diffrent formation. We had him at the same posistion with the same mentality and he didnt do it.

DraftBoy
05-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Ironic proposal of the day ... Travis Henry.

In a similar vein to the Moulds nomination. Henry is right around the 10th best back in the league I'd say, but everyone (media and fans) seem to treat him as though he's right there with Lewis and Portis. I think there's a group of 3 or 4 that are at the top, then a significant drop-off in calibre to the next group of 6 or 7. I'd put Henry in that second group.

Well said...Henry is between th 10th-15th best back in the league depending on your rankings. I think I have him at 11 or 12.

elltrain22
05-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Whoever says Nate Clements is just plain wrong. The most over rated has got to be Pat Williams.

Tatonka
05-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Well said...Henry is between th 10th-15th best back in the league depending on your rankings. I think I have him at 11 or 12.

which is exactly what his fantasy ranking indicate.

Mahdi
05-14-2004, 11:14 AM

how is Henry 11th or 12th???.......who do u have before him?

LtBillsFan66
05-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Jamal Lewis
Ahman Green
LaDainian Tomlinson
Deuce McAllister
Clinton Portis
Shaun Alexander
Priest Holmes
Ricky Williams
Edgerrin James
Marshall Faulk

Mahdi
05-14-2004, 11:27 AM
I'd like to see some of those guys run behind the Bills line and see if they have the same success Henry did. Henry creates his own yardage, he has an awesome ability to shed tacklers, and he runs HARD. Guys like Holmes, Green and Portis and LEWIS especially have amazing O-lines that almost anyone can run through. You have to look at the raw RB qualities. Granted Henry doesnt have the raw speed.

Bulldog
05-14-2004, 11:29 AM
I take Henry over both E. James and S. Alexander.

Mahdi
05-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog

In terms of talent my list of RB's is

1) Tomlinson
2) Faulk
3) Henry/ Portis (although Portis had a much better line and overall offense)

4) Shaun Alexander
5) Priest Holmes
6) Ricky
7) Edgerrin James
8) McAllister
9) Lewis
10) Green

LtBillsFan66
05-14-2004, 11:41 AM
#3! Man you're a homer.

Which I don't mind! :D

Mahdi
I intended to quote billsfanone

STAMPY

me too and marshall too, he's done gettin old

Bulldog
05-14-2004, 11:45 AM

1) Tomlinson
2) Faulk

4) Shaun Alexander
5) Priest Holmes
6) Ricky
7) Edgerrin James
8) McAllister
9) Lewis
10) Green

No way Henry belongs @ #3. Now if Henry didn't play for the Bills, where would you rank him then?

Ingtar33
05-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Eric Moulds

Ebenezer
05-14-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
Eric Moulds

really??

Mahdi
05-14-2004, 12:06 PM
No way Henry belongs @ #3. Now if Henry didn't play for the Bills, where would you rank him then?

It has nothing to do with the fact that he's a bill...when i watch Henry i notice that his success running the ball has a lot more to do with his tackle breacking and abilities than his O-line,,,,when u watch a lot of the other guys on the list ...they are running through massive spaces created by their O-line and then making a couple of cuts here and there which makes them look good. If u watch Lewis for example you'll notice that he breaks tackles a few yards after the line of scrimmage whereas Henry breaks them before or at the line.

Ingtar33
05-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Yes, he's good, sometimes great... but he's erratic, drops the ball whenever he thinks he's going to get hit, and doesn't run block.

But I think Bills fans think he’s one of the top 3 WRs in the game, and frankly I think there is at least 6 or 7 who are better.

Owens, Moss, Harrison for certain. Depending on the season, there will be more to that list. With the exception of the one year with Flutie, and the first with Drew, he’s been average at best.

Tatonka
05-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Eric Moulds

great minds think alike.

Bruce is Loose
05-14-2004, 02:02 PM

1) Tomlinson
2) Faulk

4) Shaun Alexander
5) Priest Holmes
6) Ricky
7) Edgerrin James
8) McAllister
9) Lewis
10) Green

Exactly!! Talent is FAR differnt from fantasy value. If henry was traded to denver he'd be the first or second back taken on fantasy drafts.

Tomlinson is probably the most talented. After that theres probably Priest, Portis, Henry in whichever order you want. Faulk is getting old.

LtBillsFan66
05-14-2004, 02:07 PM
I agree with Moulds being overrated by BILLS fans, not by the media.

TedMock
05-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Whoever says Nate Clements is just plain wrong. The most over rated has got to be Pat Williams.

I disagree. I think Pat Williams is one of the most under-rated players in the league. I think Schobel's the most over-rated guy on the d-line. Not that I don't like him but some fans put him on a higher stage than he belongs.

The_Philster
05-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
I agree with that 100%. Everyone is saying trade Henry before Willis even sets foot on the field. :fish:
I'm with you on that as well. :up:

Offense-Bledsoe, Henry, Moulds
Defense-Clements, Milloy, Posey

Posey played OLB at Houston and his main job was rushing the passer very much similar to what he was supposed to do here. He played OLD again and was here to rush the passer in passing downs. He didnt do his job plain and simple. Dont get into all the crap about a diffrent formation. We had him at the same posistion with the same mentality and he didnt do it.

Yeah...cause so many 4-3 SLBs get sacks when they're in coverage. :rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
05-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Eric Moulds

great minds think alike.

I said Moulds first after you did and no love came *my* way.

Pfft. :tongue:

;)

G. Host
05-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by bills_7

I do not think Ruben was overrated, especially by the Bills fans.

Personally I think Lawyer is most overrated. I think Bills overpaid.

ShadowHawk7
05-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by andyxc71
Mike Williams. He hasn't shown that he is worthy of his draft pick.
Two seasons may be a bit quick to judge, but he was supposed to help right away.

Ditto

The Natrix
05-15-2004, 08:56 AM
If anything, Clements is underrated.

Drew Bledsoe

colin
05-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Moulds is still a great WR, and when healthy he can hurt anyone. He might be like number 6 or 8 over all instead of number 2, but that is not much of an overrating.

Coy Wire is the fan favorite who has not done much. If he can play FS and get picks and make plays I will eat delicious Crow, but right not I have to say that he is a feel good pretty boy for now.

bills_7
05-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
If anything, Clements is underrated.

Drew Bledsoe

how do u figure?

BillsFever
05-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Finally someone else who is on the Moulds bandwagon with me. Yeah he's good but he's far from great. The dude has never put up 2 good seasons in a row his entire career. He averages about 4 TD's a season too.

He is nowhere close to the Owens, Harrison, Moss and Holt but some still rank him in that category. He's a top 10 but nowhere close to Top 5.

Bledsoe and Moulds is the most highly thought of along with Henry. Henry is also good but far from great.

The way most homer Bills fans talk about Bills players you would think we're Super Bowl boud every year. The reality is they are just average and over rated by the homers.