PDA

View Full Version : claton on the bills-lions game

venis2k1
10-23-2002, 08:15 PM
You can call the Lions one of the most dangerous teams in football if you don't take them seriously. Ask the Saints. Ask the Bears. They didn't take them seriously and each of those teams lost. So the Bills can't afford to be overconfident. Last year, the Bills were the patsies. Now, this simple game could put the Bills at 5-3 heading into next week's game against the Patriots. Drew Bledsoe should be able to pick apart the Lions defense. In many ways, this could be the easiest game of the season for the Bills. But it seems that teams play the Lions differently because they look at this as an easy game. More than anything else, this is a game to test the mental growth of the Bills.

The saints are the best team in football, if they can lose to the Lions, i see no reason why we should be confident, this will be a very good game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf

Ebenezer
10-23-2002, 08:21 PM
this is actually a test of Gregg Williams coaching ability

Typ0
10-23-2002, 08:32 PM
Our team isn't good enough to overlook any team even the Bungles. Detroit is not a bad team they just have some deficiencies and are finding it difficult to win. With Millen shooting his mouth off who knows how they are going to react. They might come out of the gate this week looking like Montana's 49r's or like anyone's Bungle's. I think it will be an either or though. No matter what I don't think this team will over-look anyone especially after we lost that game to the Jets after beating them up and down the field for the whole game and proceeded to get crushed defensively in several other games.

TigerJ
10-23-2002, 08:55 PM
If the Bills play to the best of their ability and Detroit plays to the best of their ability, Buffalo wins hands down. However, no team can afford to take any other team for granted. New Orleans obviously discovered that. We'll hope Buffalo doesn't have to learn it the hard way.

Clayton is right on.

WG
10-23-2002, 09:27 PM
I don't think the Bills will have any difficulty putting up at least 34 points here. The big question is will the Lions be able to reciprocate or not?

I don't think they can match us and do it on Harrington's arm alone. If we are up by 10+ late in the third, then they'll have to throw. If we can score often early on, then they may have to abandon the run sooner. Not that Stewart has been lighting things up, but we've had trouble stopping RBs when there's a passing game around.

Also, if Henry plays well, we should be able to play some ball-control as well.

venis2k1
10-23-2002, 11:04 PM
I Henry getting his 4th 130+ yard game this season.

TypicalBill
10-24-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
Our team isn't good enough to overlook any team even the Bungles. Detroit is not a bad team they just have some deficiencies and are finding it difficult to win. With Millen shooting his mouth off who knows how they are going to react. They might come out of the gate this week looking like Montana's 49r's or like anyone's Bungle's. I think it will be an either or though. No matter what I don't think this team will over-look anyone especially after we lost that game to the Jets after beating them up and down the field for the whole game and proceeded to get crushed defensively in several other games.

Exactly it's not like we're 7 - 0. We're a good team but not good enough to overlook a game. Look at the Teaxans game and what the score was at halftime. If we play that way, we wont be able to come back that easily cuz the Lions are a much better team.

With all that said, i think the players know that and they know what they have to do this week and they cant wait to play at ralph wilson and give us a big win. :usa:

Captain gameboy
10-24-2002, 05:07 AM
Both teams are on the very steep portion of their developmental learning curve. As the result, nobody knows how the Lions will play, or how effective the Bills defense really is-we're only three weeks from horrible. For that reason this, along with most of our games this year, will be very tough to predict.

Pride
10-24-2002, 07:31 AM
This is a home game, I dont think our fans will let the Bills forget to play. In fact, I can see this being our best game of the year and it being a blowout.

The fans will go nuts when DB is introduced, which will pump him up. If we come out and score a TD our opening drive, look out, it will be time to run up the score.

I have full confidence that we will win by 30 points.

Phins054
10-24-2002, 04:03 PM
I think you will win easily...

Halbert
10-24-2002, 09:00 PM
I honestly don't think the team will take anybody lightly this year and certainly not this game. They might not be quite as stoked as they were for last weeks game but they won't be looking past the Lions. Think about the leaders on the team and you see guys who have been around long enough to know how small the margin of game winning plays is in the NFL. Bledsoe, Centers, Brown, Fletcher, Robinson, Jenkins, Hollis - they've all seen it before and won't let anyone forget how hard they need to prepare and play.

Like I said before, it looks like a prime spot for a blowout - which means it probably won't be.