PDA

View Full Version : Interesting about Henry:

WG
10-23-2002, 09:35 PM
His best three runs and 4 of his best 7, his only runs worth a crap, were end runs. I thought that was interesting since he'd not been taking the corners all that well prior.

The flipside; his UTM runs weren't impressive.

I liked the mixing it up however.

Typ0
10-23-2002, 09:40 PM
it's amazing how if you take away the top third of someone's benchmark stats they aren't worth a crap. LOL.

Ð
10-23-2002, 09:45 PM
That post ain't worth a crap :down:

casdhf
10-23-2002, 09:48 PM
I think Tim Bowens and Zach Thomas had something to do with the middle being clogged up

WG
10-23-2002, 10:25 PM
Oh, I'm sure they did. I simply thought it was interesting that first of all we ran Henry around the ends that much.

Typ0
10-23-2002, 10:41 PM
I figure if Bryson was available he would have gotten those carries.

venis2k1
10-23-2002, 11:00 PM
:anvil:
Wys

Herdwatcher
10-23-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
His best three runs and 4 of his best 7, his only runs worth a crap, were end runs. I thought that was interesting since he'd not been taking the corners all that well prior.

I don't know if it was Henry as much as it was Jonas Jennings on the left side. He did a splended job sealing that side. The offense sold the plays real good, which also gave lots of room over there. Reed did an outstanding job blocking his man. as well the other wide outs. It was a team effort for sure.
UMT Zack, yes had something to do with it. But I think he is getting the ball too close to the line, he's not able to pick a spot. He is running into the backs of his linemen in a half step on most of those plays. Either he is too fast to the ball, or Drew is too slow to be in the right position to hand the ball off.

Mixing it up = a balanced offensive attack.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2002, 11:52 PM
If you take WYS's best three posts this month he is only averaging 2.5 good posts a week. Pretty weird huh?

4thAndLong
10-24-2002, 12:06 AM
If you take away 200 pounds from Mike Williams and he's normal size. Pretty weird, eh?

ublinkwescore
10-24-2002, 12:12 AM
I'm a Ninja.

:chuk:

:spam:

SoCalBillsFan
10-24-2002, 02:03 AM
If the take away the first three letters of Wys' name, he is just an ordinary "GUY".

TypicalBill
10-24-2002, 02:36 AM
if you take away Typical from my name, it would only be Bill??? :confused:

TypicalBill
10-24-2002, 02:43 AM
:laughter: :laughter: :laughter:
What the heck are we doing. If Wys doesn't like Henry's stats then thats his opinion im sure we all disagree.

I just love the fact that already not even halfway through the season and he almost has what he had from a year ago (yards) he is getting better and better and its scary to think what he'll do next year!

HENRY is the man :up:

northernbillfan
10-24-2002, 02:56 AM
Thanks for bringing it back to topic Tyipcal.

Henry is just showing how versatile he can be. If the D stacks the middle, he cuts the corners. If they play him tight on the sides, he slams it up the middle.

Anyway, I think the D was stacking the middle, cause they wanted to get the pressure on Drew, allowing Henry the freedom he had on Sunday. They didn't take Travis seriously until the second half.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Henry looks like a new Sweetness!

TypicalBill
10-24-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Thanks for bringing it back to topic Tyipcal.

Henry is just showing how versatile he can be. If the D stacks the middle, he cuts the corners. If they play him tight on the sides, he slams it up the middle.

Anyway, I think the D was stacking the middle, cause they wanted to get the pressure on Drew, allowing Henry the freedom he had on Sunday. They didn't take Travis seriously until the second half.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Henry looks like a new Sweetness!

Yup, and this will help our cause..

From NFL.com

Who's Hot
1. Buffalo RB Travis Henry — Henry is building on last year's success and putting up quality fantasy numbers this season in a productive Buffalo offense. In seven games so far, he has scored eight total touchdowns and is averaging 90.1 rushing yards per game, including 132 yards against a tough Miami front seven last week. Things should be easier for him this week against a Detroit run defense that is giving up close to 111 yards rushing per game. Look for Henry to take advantage and have a productive afternoon.

Go Henry and :gobills:

CLICK (http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/matchups/NFL_20021027_DET@BUF)

northernbillfan
10-24-2002, 03:29 AM
They like him now, but prior to the start of this season, they said and I quote "Henry is project in the making. Williams doesn't know what to expect of him."

Well I like TH from the git go, and he has been compared to, the likes of Emmitt Smith, justifiably so, IMHO.

TypicalBill
10-24-2002, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
They like him now, but prior to the start of this season, they said and I quote "Henry is project in the making. Williams doesn't know what to expect of him."

Well I like TH from the git go, and he has been compared to, the likes of Emmitt Smith, justifiably so, IMHO.

Really? I didn't see it.

northernbillfan
10-24-2002, 03:40 AM
I'll try to find a link.

Captain gameboy
10-24-2002, 04:59 AM
I addressed this very point in a thread I started called Unsung MVPs. His success going outside, especially left against the Dolphins was because Jennings was all over Taylor. Taylor was getting caught trying to take inside lanes, and Jennings was jamming him long enough so he didn't have any outside contain. If someone had an overhead snapshot on his two good gainers sweeping left, they would see Taylor stacked up inside, and Moulds one time and Reed another, driving the CB towards the inside. From as early as two steps after the handoff, anyone could see that the only one Henry had to deal with was the safety. I don't know if it was scouting or luck, but the Bills took advantage of Taylor's proclivity for going all out as a passrusher to the detriment of his run stopping effectiveness and the Dolphins corners occasionally playing right off our WR's making them easy to block. I will note though that Price didn't do the job on the other side against his corner. In my view, another example of how stats are the result of many elements, not just a single player's ability.

John Doe
10-24-2002, 05:42 AM
Herdwatcher and Gameboy have it right - crediting Henry for all of the success of the running game or blaming him when it fails is shortsighted. He is a very good back, but he doesn't do it alone.

Halbert
10-24-2002, 09:09 PM
Wys' point about taking the outside is still valid. I was also quite surprised that he could run outside as well as he did.

TigerJ
10-24-2002, 11:24 PM
The running game helps the passing game. The passing game helps the running game and a good offensive line on the way to becoming a dominant offensive line helps everything work better.

It works for me.

LtBillsFan66
05-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Good thing we drafted that kid out of Miami.