PDA

View Full Version : When you go to a Bills game…

Patrick76777
05-14-2004, 11:22 AM
…is your first priority for a Bills win or to watch a marquee player on the other team?

I’m always hearing the guys on the radio talk shows talking about going to see the players on the other team and how exciting that is and how they love watching them play live and in person.

But to me, when I go to the game, they’re the enemy. And although it’s cool that Brett Farve or Dante Culpepper or Payton Manning are out there playing, I’m hoping the suck all day! I’d like to see them throw 4 Int’s and no TD’s.

If Ricky Williams is coming to the Ralph, I’m hoping for 35 yards and 2 fumbles!

What about you guys?

Earthquake Enyart
05-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

If Ricky Williams is coming to the Ralph, I’m hoping for 35 yards and 2 fumbles!

What about you guys?

I'm hoping for -12569 yards, 152 fumbles and a broken leg,

Ebenezer
05-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Bills always come first...

but if they happen to rack up a 35-3 lead and the other team happens to have a RB/WR on my FF team I don't get upset when that player scores a meaningless TD at the end of the game...

Patrick76777
If Ricky Williams broke his leg in week 1, I'd be a happy man!

But some people get very touchy when you talk about injuries.

LtBillsFan66
It makes it more exciting to have a superstar out there for the other team. Cause you want to see your team shut him down.

LtBillsFan66
05-14-2004, 11:29 AM
If Ricky Williams broke his leg in week 1, I'd be a happy man!

But some people get very touchy when you talk about injuries.

I never root for injuries.

I would rather beat a team straight up.

I don't even get excited if a win comes off a missed FG or something. A blocked FG, I'm pumped. A goof, just as bad as a loss in my book,

Patrick76777
05-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Bills always come first...

but if they happen to rack up a 35-3 lead and the other team happens to have a RB/WR on my FF team I don't get upset when that player scores a meaningless TD at the end of the game...

FF notwithstanding. I think everybody does that. Takes the sting out of an opponents TD if the guys is on your FF team.

But what if they’re not on your team or your opp. team for that matter. Just a good player!

To me, I could care less if the only time I got to see Brett Farve was a 4 INT, 3 Fumble, 3-21 25 yard day!

Patrick76777
05-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

I never root for injuries.

Even Ricky Williams?

Ebenezer
05-14-2004, 11:35 AM
FF notwithstanding. I think everybody does that. Takes the sting out of an opponents TD if the guys is on your FF team.

But what if they’re not on your team or your opp. team for that matter. Just a good player!

To me, I could care less if the only time I got to see Brett Farve was a 4 INT, 3 Fumble, 3-21 25 yard day!

oh, then I agree...I never want to see the opponent do well...I'm there to see my team win...I never got to see Gretzky in person but if he were in town I wanted him shut out...

LtBillsFan66
05-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Even Ricky Williams?

Yes.

If it was someone like Brian Cox, I would have liked to see a monster hit on him and see him slow to get up, but I wouldn't want to see him just blow out a knee or something.

casdhf
05-14-2004, 11:36 AM
I never want injuries. However, if it was Terrell Owens or some other baby ass hole, I would definately wish harm upon them.

LtBillsFan66
05-14-2004, 11:37 AM
As much as I'm a clown on the boards, I uphold a high sportsmanship standard. :)

Ebenezer
05-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
I never want injuries. However, if it was Terrell Owens or some other baby ass hole, I would definately wish harm upon them.

I don't wish harm on a player but if somebody like a TO gets hurt I don't exactly cry for them either...

LtBillsFan66
05-14-2004, 11:39 AM
I don't feel bad for them, don't get me wrong. I would just rather beat a team when they are full strength.

BigZ
05-15-2004, 02:43 AM
I'm there to watch the Bills win, not the opponent's marquee players.

As far as injuries are concerned, I wouldn't want to see anyone seriously hurt playing against us. One of their good players being dinged up enough to get knocked out of the game isn't necessarily a bad thing. I wouldn't want to see them knocked out for the season.

I'd rather see a poor performance (against a superior Bills team).

Cntrygal
05-15-2004, 03:02 AM
…is your first priority for a Bills win or to watch a marquee player on the other team?

I’m always hearing the guys on the radio talk shows talking about going to see the players on the other team and how exciting that is and how they love watching them play live and in person.

But to me, when I go to the game, they’re the enemy. And although it’s cool that Brett Farve or Dante Culpepper or Payton Manning are out there playing, I’m hoping the suck all day! I’d like to see them throw 4 Int’s and no TD’s.

What about you guys?

Definately a WIN. and I would want negative yardage for Ricky.

Jan Reimers
05-15-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm an SU guy, so I love to follow the likes of Harrison, McNabb, Freeney, and Bullock. But when they play the Bills, their performances mean absolutely nothing to me. If we kick butt, I don't mind seeing them have a good day.

SABURZFAN
05-15-2004, 07:28 AM
i ALWAYS root for a Bills victory.yeah..yeah...yeah...opposing marquee players are always nice to fire shots on and everything but a true fan is there for the W.(or the tailgate party)

Tatonka
05-15-2004, 09:41 AM
if a person actually says that they come to watch the oppenents best players.. and is not worried about a bills win.. then they are not a bills fan.

your not going to find anyone on this board that would say that.

elltrain22
05-15-2004, 10:47 AM
1st priority-- Bills win
2nd priority-- bills win
and anything else just adds to the experience.

Novacane
05-15-2004, 10:48 AM
I go to see the Bills win. I could care less about the stars on the other team.

saviorbledsoe
05-15-2004, 10:58 AM
the Bills ofcourse....i dont spend $100+ and drive 12 hour round trip to watch Jay Dumbo Feidler.

HAMMER
05-15-2004, 03:58 PM
I don't root for injuries, I hate to see someone get hurt and lose time on the field. I always want to beat the opponent when they are at full strength. But I sure love to see someone get knocked the f%#ck out.

bills_7
05-15-2004, 04:22 PM
I only thing i care about is the W...

and the beer or course

thefixer74
05-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
if a person actually says that they come to watch the oppenents best players.. and is not worried about a bills win.. then they are not a bills fan.

I want to see the marquee players shut down,that way I can brag about how great our D is.

Patrick76777
05-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I didn't know what to expect! They guys on local sports talk radio talk like that's the only way to see a game.

"Oh, I can't wait to see Pennington" and stuff like that.

LtBillsFan66
05-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by HAMMER
I don't root for injuries, I hate to see someone get hurt and lose time on the field. I always want to beat the opponent when they are at full strength. But I sure love to see someone get knocked the f%#ck out.

:up:

Earthquake Enyart
05-17-2004, 10:13 AM
One of the happiest times in my live was when Haslett (or maybe Shane Nelson??) creamed Larry Czonka on a swing pass and knocked him into next week.

Dozerdog
05-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
As much as I'm a sportsman on the boards, I uphold a high clown-ship standard. :) :up:

LtBillsFan66
05-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Don't mess with my sportsmanship standard! :mad: :punchu: