X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

When you go to a Bills game…

…is your first priority for a Bills win or to watch a marquee player on the other team?

I’m always hearing the guys on the radio talk shows talking about going to see the players on the other team and how exciting that is and how they love watching them play live and in person.

But to me, when I go to the game, they’re the enemy. And although it’s cool that Brett Farve or Dante Culpepper or Payton Manning are out there playing, I’m hoping the suck all day! I’d like to see them throw 4 Int’s and no TD’s.

If Ricky Williams is coming to the Ralph, I’m hoping for 35 yards and 2 fumbles!

What about you guys?
    Resign our own guys!
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777

If Ricky Williams is coming to the Ralph, I’m hoping for 35 yards and 2 fumbles!

What about you guys?
    I'm hoping for -12569 yards, 152 fumbles and a broken leg,

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Bills always come first...

but if they happen to rack up a 35-3 lead and the other team happens to have a RB/WR on my FF team I don't get upset when that player scores a meaningless TD at the end of the game...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

If Ricky Williams broke his leg in week 1, I'd be a happy man!

But some people get very touchy when you talk about injuries.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

It makes it more exciting to have a superstar out there for the other team. Cause you want to see your team shut him down.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

If Ricky Williams broke his leg in week 1, I'd be a happy man!

But some people get very touchy when you talk about injuries.

I never root for injuries.

I would rather beat a team straight up.

I don't even get excited if a win comes off a missed FG or something. A blocked FG, I'm pumped. A goof, just as bad as a loss in my book,

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              Bills always come first...

but if they happen to rack up a 35-3 lead and the other team happens to have a RB/WR on my FF team I don't get upset when that player scores a meaningless TD at the end of the game...

FF notwithstanding. I think everybody does that. Takes the sting out of an opponents TD if the guys is on your FF team.

But what if they’re not on your team or your opp. team for that matter. Just a good player!

To me, I could care less if the only time I got to see Brett Farve was a 4 INT, 3 Fumble, 3-21 25 yard day!
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone

I never root for injuries.

Even Ricky Williams?
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

FF notwithstanding. I think everybody does that. Takes the sting out of an opponents TD if the guys is on your FF team.

But what if they’re not on your team or your opp. team for that matter. Just a good player!

To me, I could care less if the only time I got to see Brett Farve was a 4 INT, 3 Fumble, 3-21 25 yard day!
                  oh, then I agree...I never want to see the opponent do well...I'm there to see my team win...I never got to see Gretzky in person but if he were in town I wanted him shut out...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

Even Ricky Williams?
                    Yes.

If it was someone like Brian Cox, I would have liked to see a monster hit on him and see him slow to get up, but I wouldn't want to see him just blow out a knee or something.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

I never want injuries. However, if it was Terrell Owens or some other baby ass hole, I would definately wish harm upon them.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

As much as I'm a clown on the boards, I uphold a high sportsmanship standard. :)

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                          I never want injuries. However, if it was Terrell Owens or some other baby ass hole, I would definately wish harm upon them.
                          I don't wish harm on a player but if somebody like a TO gets hurt I don't exactly cry for them either...

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

I don't feel bad for them, don't get me wrong. I would just rather beat a team when they are full strength.

Comment

• BigZ
                              • Sep 2003

I'm there to watch the Bills win, not the opponent's marquee players.

As far as injuries are concerned, I wouldn't want to see anyone seriously hurt playing against us. One of their good players being dinged up enough to get knocked out of the game isn't necessarily a bad thing. I wouldn't want to see them knocked out for the season.

I'd rather see a poor performance (against a superior Bills team).

Comment

Working...
                              X