• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Blake to Buffalo?

• Jeff Blake, Buffalo: Why the Bills? Well, because the Jets, Bengals, Saints, Ravens and Cardinals are no longer possibilities. Blake has already been there, done that. Blake would give Buffalo a fairly safe middle option, should starter Drew Bledsoe continue to struggle or go down with an injury, and first-round pick J.P. Losman prove to be at least a year away, as everyone expects.

Blake can still move around and wing the ball on a line. The last Bills quarterback who flashed a little mobility did all right for himself. They named a cereal after Doug Flutie in Buffalo. Blake isn't a guy you're going to ask to mentor Losman, because he's been stepped over so many times by young, on-the-way-up passers that he's a tad bitter about it. But that's OK, because Bledsoe has promised to play the mentor. At least for this year.

What do you think of this move if it actually happens?
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I wouldn't mind Blake he's better than Kordell and I don't think Blake would command a lot of money either.

Comment

• Samphin1
      • Mar 2004

I think Blake is better than Kordell. Kordell would be a terrible fit for you guys in my opinion. I don't think Blake is that great an option either. Honestly, if Bledose fails, I think Losman is your guy's best bet. If he is as good as al of you seem to think he is, he can be a spot starter or outright take over no problem. Blake, Gannon, Warner, Stewart, none of these guys seem like viable options for you guys.

However, in my humble opinion, making a play for Neil O'Donnell might not be a bad move for you guys. He showed McNair the ropes and would almost certainly have a positive influence on Losman imo. Just my two cents though.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I'd love that move!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Samphin1
          I think Blake is better than Kordell. Kordell would be a terrible fit for you guys in my opinion. I don't think Blake is that great an option either. Honestly, if Bledose fails, I think Losman is your guy's best bet. If he is as good as al of you seem to think he is, he can be a spot starter or outright take over no problem. Blake, Gannon, Warner, Stewart, none of these guys seem like viable options for you guys.

However, in my humble opinion, making a play for Neil O'Donnell might not be a bad move for you guys. He showed McNair the ropes and would almost certainly have a positive influence on Losman imo. Just my two cents though.
          I think it would be a mistake to play Losman as a rookie. He needs to learn for at least a year before he gets any extensive playing time! Blake for insurance purposes wouldn't be bad at all.
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog

I think it would be a mistake to play Losman as a rookie. He needs to learn for at least a year before he gets any extensive playing time! Blake for insurance purposes wouldn't be bad at all.
            I agree. I know I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't mind Kordell. Let me first state that I've HATED Kordell since the day he became a full time QB. So, why do I like him now? I don't. However, he is everything that Bledsoe is not. Bledsoe's a big, strong arm pocket passer. Stewart is a mobile QB who seems to play better on the run. I think Bledsoe is, and should be, our starter. If Bledsoe goes down in the 3rd quarter of some game, wouldn't it be nice to bring a guy in that's a totally different style to really throw off a defense? I'm not comfortable with Kordell as a long term option, but as a spot guy during a game here and there I'm okay with him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Wys will finally have a paragraph that's positive and then move on to blasts Drew in the next 10 paragraphs of his articles if that happens.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• McBFLO
                • Mar 2003

Blake is a notorius locker room cancer. He'd be too much of a distraction to be worth it. No thanks.
                Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

at the vet minimum I'd bring in Blake...Kordell...Warner...Collins...let them fight it out in training camp and go forth...never hurts to stock pile vets...I would rather bring in guys that can contribute rather than a bunch of FA never will be's.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

I'm for it.

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    Wys will finally have a paragraph that's positive and then move on to blasts Drew in the next 10 paragraphs of his articles if that happens.
                    You're like Miss Cleo
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

Blake makes Keyshawn Johnson land Terrell Owens ook like team players. No thanks.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Losman will be the #2. They invested to much for him to be a #3 sitting on the bench, unless he totally flops in preseason which I doubt. At some point in the season, people will be screaming to put Losman in.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

I've honestly never heard about any incidents where he was a bad character player.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Samphin1

i rather have jeff blake then jay fiedler or a backup Qb from eagles

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by pepperkorn
                              Blake is a notorius locker room cancer. He'd be too much of a distraction to be worth it. No thanks.
                              Originally posted by casdhf
                              Blake makes Keyshawn Johnson land Terrell Owens ook like team players. No thanks.
                              What did Blake do in the past?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

Working...
                              X