PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams must be hanging out with Thurman

Iehoshua
05-14-2004, 05:39 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4981431

The Palm Beach Post said Ricky Williams scored a 15 on the league's testing scale -- the NFL's lowest positive score and consistent with what an occasional marijuana user would score.

Him and Thurman must be gettin' down in the town together! :evil:

Samphin1
05-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4981431

Him and Thurman must be gettin' down in the town together! :evil:

Even if this is true, which it isn't, he was smart enough not to get caught, unlike Thruman.

Iehoshua
05-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Umm, if he didn't get caught, why did his test say he did? Furthermore, why is he facing a fine?

Jan Reimers
05-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Umm, if he didn't get caught, why did his test say he did? Furthermore, why is he facing a fine?

Not to mention a 4 game suspension.

Samphin1
05-14-2004, 06:12 PM

Sorry death only read the blurb didn't click the link. For some reason I thought you were talking about his wonderlic score or somethign and saying the equivalent to a 15 is a pot head, thus my odd reply. I just checked sources though and you are right he tested positive a 15, which is the lowest a positive test can be. Sorry about my misread there. The article I read said a seocond test that day he was lower than the league's minimum one.

His lawyer is giving excuses about being dehydrated and possible painkillers getting in the way. I hope that is the case, but I cannot defend him here if it comes out he doped up on somethign illegal.

Disgustipatex
05-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Not to mention a 4 game suspension.

He's not facing a 4 game suspension.

First positive gets you put in a program.

A positive under the program gets you a fine equal to 4 games. This is what Ricky is appealing.

A 2nd positive in the program gets you a 4 game suspension.

A 3rd positive gets you a 1 season suspension.

A 4th positive gives you an indefinate suspension. The last guy to get one of these was Josh Evans of the Jets, who was reinstated after 8 games I believe.

ZacGriffi~82
05-14-2004, 06:42 PM
He is being faced with a 650,000+ fine.

helmetguy
05-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Maybe that's why he cut off his dreads; he was afraid they'd test for THC in his hair.

The Spaz
05-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Maybe that's why he cut off his dreads; he was afraid they'd test for THC in his hair.

Good point!:up:

Tatonka
05-15-2004, 12:22 AM
14. RB Ricky Williams (Mia) Violates NFL Drug Policy

Full Article: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/news/0514ricky.html

Clipped from: Palm Beach Post

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams faces a $650,000 fine after violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, sources told The Palm Beach Post. This was Williams' second violation since he joined the Dolphins in 2002, sources close to the case said. Williams, 26, is appealing the fine that the league imposed when a drug test he took on Dec. 10, 2003, turned up positive for marijuana. Another failed test would result in a four-game suspension. The sources said Williams was seen at NFL headquarters in New York on April 16, the date of the appeal.

"I'm in good standing with the NFL and the Dolphins,' Williams said when reached by the Post. "There is no story here. I was in New York a few weeks ago and I did visit the league headquarters. I guess that's how rumors get started. But I was just visiting friends in the city and I just decided to go in. I will be at training camp on Tuesday."

The sources said Williams' lawyer, Fort Lauderdale criminal attorney Gary Ostrow, accompanied him on his visit to the league offices. "I'm not in a habit of discussing my relationship, professional or otherwise, with professional athletes," Ostrow said, adding that he would not comment further.

He's been in New York this week with all of the crap that's been going on," a source close to Williams said. "If they tested all of us for weed, half of America would be out of work. I know the guy who's helping us out is good because he used to do the drug stuff for the NFL. I know the attorney. He's a good friend. Ricky should come out of this all right."

According to NFL documents seen by the Post, Ostrow filed arguments with the league titled "NFL vs. Player #909965J." In it, Ostrow questions the integrity of the league's drug-testing system.

Williams scored a 15 on the league's testing scale -- the NFL's lowest positive score and consistent with what an occasional marijuana user would score. Another sample taken from Williams the same day came back at 14, which would not have warranted league action unless the previous sample was positive.

"Ricky is pretty confident he's going to beat this thing," one source said. "When he took the test, for example, he was dehydrated after exercising. Dehydration sometimes causes people who would be negative to test positive."

[[[[[[[[[[ OUR VIEW ]]]]]]]]]]

Williams will be out a significant sum of money if the decision doesn't go his way. Not only that, but he will be in major trouble with the league if he gets caught for a third time. Both Williams and his attorney do seem confident that they can beat this rap but only time will tell on that front. Occasional user or not though, if you know the NFL has a very strict policy in regards to drug use, why tempt fate? In the Jim Carey movie "Liar, Liar" he is a lawyer who cannot tell a lie for one entire day. He gets a call from a repeat offender who is busted once again for a crime. The perpetrator asks Carey his advice and Carey shouts into the phone, "STOP BREAKING THE LAW ***HOLE!"

SABURZFAN
05-15-2004, 12:42 AM
:lolpoint: ricky

BlueFire
05-15-2004, 03:22 AM

He'd have to shave his body then too, it can be found in all hair on your body, not just your head.

helmetguy
05-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by BlueFire
He'd have to shave his body then too, it can be found in all hair on your body, not just your head.

I wouldn't discount the possibility that he hasn't. For all we know, he could be the next Nair poster child...

elltrain22
05-15-2004, 10:52 AM
:jawdrop:

madness
05-15-2004, 09:02 PM
I sense another Ricky Williams breakdown coming on!

thefixer74
05-16-2004, 01:03 AM

I wouldn't discount the possibility that he hasn't. For all we know, he could be the next Nair poster child...

No,I saw a pic and he has a patch of hair on his chin.

thefixer74
05-16-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1

His lawyer is giving excuses about being dehydrated and possible painkillers getting in the way. I hope that is the case, but I cannot defend him here if it comes out he doped up on somethign illegal.

A phin fan I work with told me that,I never herd that if your dehydrated,it could show up as THC in your system.Is that possible?

Samphin1
05-16-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by thefixer74

A phin fan I work with told me that,I never herd that if your dehydrated,it could show up as THC in your system.Is that possible?

Supposedly yes. I hadn't really heard that eiether but if it is true, it might make sense. I find it hard to believe but who knows. He seemed pretty confident thst he would beat the rap though.

If his appeal is lost though, he better walk a thin line. The phins cannot afford to lose him for any period of time let alone four games, which will happen if he violates it again.

thefixer74
05-17-2004, 01:36 AM
If he would be gone 4 games,he would be the hardest player for Miami to replace.That would kill the season.

Samphin1
05-17-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by thefixer74
If he would be gone 4 games,he would be the hardest player for Miami to replace.That would kill the season.

Yeah, that would be tough. I think they could probably eek out a couple of wins, but that would be with the defense playing at their best and woever the QB is playing to their best abilities also.
I wouldn't think it would kill the seaosn thoug, as long as he were to come back and pick up where he left off you know? I would rather not tempt fate though.

Ebenezer
05-17-2004, 08:17 AM
where there is smoke there is fire...