PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Darrick Holmes

BillsFanInMass
05-14-2004, 08:56 PM
He was awesome to watch his legs never stopped moving. I remember watching him carry 4 defenders on his back for 15 yards in a preaseason game. We should have never let him go. I know he went to Green Bay but then he dissapeared . Does anyone know what happened to him ?

BigZ
05-14-2004, 09:54 PM
here's the last thing I found on him:

March 5, 1999
Chiefs To Look At Holmes, Sign Free Agents

Despite recently passing on taking a look at free agent running back Darrick Holmes, the Chiefs have now scheduled a work out with the Packers' leading rusher in 1998. Holmes was the backup to Thurman Thomas for three years in Buffalo before playing for Green Bay last year. If the team moves Donnell Bennett back to fullback as expected, they'll need a backup for running back Bam Morris. Holmes would be a nice change of pace to Morris.

JJamezz
05-14-2004, 10:08 PM
He was also drafted in the XFL - the Memphis team if I remember - but I don't know if he ever played.

Dozerdog
05-14-2004, 10:43 PM
He got hurt - Knee gave out

Tatonka
05-15-2004, 12:33 AM
you guys remember when he dislocated his finger making a TD reception? he held that thing up for the camera..

:puke:

BillsFanInMass
05-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Oh yeah that was gross

elltrain22
05-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Man, you are right, what da heck ever happened to that dude. He was pretty good, for like a minute, then went David Copperfield on us.

The_Philster
05-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Man, you are right, what da heck ever happened to that dude. He was pretty good, for like a minute, then went David Copperfield on us.
Not really. He was very good in 1995-96 but we knew Thurm wasn't gonna be a force for much longer and Darick was no feature back so we drafted Antowain Smith. After one season with the three of them we traded Darick to the Packers for a '99 4th round pick. It was after one partial season with the Pack that he all but disappeared.