PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas...

elltrain22
05-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Personally, the Thurmanator will forever be one of my all time favorite Buffalo Bills. Back in the glory years, he was the man, and did so much for this team, and the city of Buffalo. Now, some of us here, have turned our backs on him, and called him criminal just b/c he got caught with a little bit of pot. Whopptie Frikken doo!! The man is a certain hall of famer, with a list of accolades to support his sheer dominance in the league. Most all of us on this board have smoked pot, and all that have would surely say that it is just as harmful as drinking coffee everyday, or drinking beer or wine after work.

The man is chillin, playing golf, and livin' it up, and if he wants to toke it up every now and then, I am not going to crucify him for it. For those of you non supporters, wake up and realize that this is not that big of a deal.

shelby
05-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Frankly, i don't give a :angry: that he got caught with pot. What saddens me is that he is an admitted alcoholic who was drunk at the time of his arrest. i hope he will be able to get his addiction under control.

JefftheBillsfan
05-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Thurman is my all-time favorite player, I agree shelby, the alcohol worries me more, I hope he can get everything straightened up. I sort of agree that the drugs shouldnt be such a huge deal, but part of the deal of being famous is that you need to set an example for the young fans, and especially the players.

The_Philster
05-15-2004, 11:52 AM
I don't think anyone's turned their back on him. :cynic: People are just bugged about the fact that he's off the wagon and topped it off by being caught with illegal drugs.

shelby
05-15-2004, 11:52 AM
i agree with you about the need to be a positive role model....my point is that, in Thurman's case, alcohol is a far more dangerous drug than pot.

JefftheBillsfan
05-15-2004, 12:00 PM
i agree with shelby 100%

CWOUSARET
05-15-2004, 02:43 PM
sorry but i do not agree with the postings on this so far . . . i am however dissappointed that thurman has not been able to stop his alcohol problem . . . . as far as the dope goes . . . its been my life's experience that the only good doper is a dead doper! and if you have had to see the things that i have seen . . . i promise you that you would never take another toke

BlueFire
05-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET
sorry but i do not agree with the postings on this so far . . . i am however dissappointed that thurman has not been able to stop his alcohol problem . . . . as far as the dope goes . . . its been my life's experience that the only good doper is a dead doper! and if you have had to see the things that i have seen . . . i promise you that you would never take another toke

Its been my life's experience that the only good alcohol drinker is a dead alcohol drinker.

Sexual abuse, spousal abuse, child abuse, all caused due to alcohol. I promise you that you would never drink again if you have seen the things I have seen.

(I'm not mocking people that this has actually happened to, I'm just trying to point out the bad logic behind that argument)

or

People dying, people getting their limbs severed, people getting impailed. Families getting torn apart, people commiting suicide because of the loss of a loved one from it. If you had seen the things I have seen while driving, I promise you that you would never drive again.