I thought you just might like to see. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

I thought you just might like to see. . .

The posters forum name is Bumrush

"We are going 7-9 next year, time to face reality. This offseason has been a disaster, starting with trading a 2 round pick for a 3rd string quarterback. The David Boston trade seems like a good one, but our recent history and not so recent history (shula 95) indicates that bringing in "high" (discarded) quality players often backfires on the Phins. On top that we get bluffed in to trading another valuable draft pick simply to move up one measly draft pick.

Our strength of schedule next year is the hardest in the entire NFL. We have consective road game out west at the end of the season. We all remember how the Phins in 2003 fared against teams with winning records.

Our weakest link in the offensive line last year is now our most experienced "veteran: Ricky Williams, our All Pro running back, had it real difficult last year. Hopefully our line will block better this year, or Ricky may have to resort to some nice marijuana smoking that will effectively suspend him for the rest of the season.

So lets add it all up. This is a team that has bungled the draft and bungled their picks. They always overpay. Wanny gives away draft picks like the Marlins were giving away tickets when they lost 100 games. We trade 2nd round picks for 3rd string qb's with no proven track record while our archrival, swimming in an endless amount of draft picks trades a 3rd rounder for running back that has the potential to run for over 1500 yards. Heck he did it playing for the worst team in the nfl. WE have handled FA and the draft in a laughable manner.

The Dolphins 2004 edition:
    3rd string quaterback with no experience and under a microscope in Miami that has ZERO tolerance for poor qb play. We booed fiedler out of Miami, so this kid better hope he performs at a higher level and winning pct.

Brand new offensive line, dominated by rookies and 2nd year players with little to no experience. Picked up in FA an injured OL and one that ended Kurt Warners career.

We have the most difficult schedule in the NFL. We have a new offense, an offensive co-ordinator that has already quit, David Boston acting like the ***** that he is, and a lame duck coaching staff that feels they are "made" like Mafia hitmen cause they seem untouchable.

In conclusion, I hope the Phins have a great year However, after many years of watching football, I am starting to see what a total collaspe is all about. THE FANS OF CHICAGO warned us from the beginning but nobody wanted to believe it. Wanny inherited a great team from JJ, a team stacked with all pro defensive players and the solid foundations of success. This franchise has been in steady decline, and this year, I predict, the ***** hits the fan."

Obviously not everyone agrees with him over at Finheaven, but I think I sens a little more pessimism than is usual for this time of year among Finfans.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Wow, get this guy over to Billszone! How is the board taking that? That seems eeirly like Wys, only a Phins wys, wich i wouldnt mind.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

That fellow speaks the truth. Just the opposite of Samphin1.

Byrd.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

He forgot to mention that Ogunleye could very possibly miss 10 games of the season in a contract dispute. I won't tell him because he might commit hari-kiri if he realized that!

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

Re: I thought you just might like to see. . .

Originally posted by TigerJ
          http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...ad.php?t=38468

"We are going 7-9 next year, time to face reality. This offseason has been a disaster, starting with trading a 2 round pick for a 3rd string quarterback. The David Boston trade seems like a good one, but our recent history and not so recent history (shula 95) indicates that bringing in "high" (discarded) quality players often backfires on the Phins. On top that we get bluffed in to trading another valuable draft pick simply to move up one measly draft pick.

Our strength of schedule next year is the hardest in the entire NFL. We have consective road game out west at the end of the season. We all remember how the Phins in 2003 fared against teams with winning records.

Our weakest link in the offensive line last year is now our most experienced "veteran: Ricky Williams, our All Pro running back, had it real difficult last year. Hopefully our line will block better this year, or Ricky may have to resort to some nice marijuana smoking that will effectively suspend him for the rest of the season.

So lets add it all up. This is a team that has bungled the draft and bungled their picks. They always overpay. Wanny gives away draft picks like the Marlins were giving away tickets when they lost 100 games. We trade 2nd round picks for 3rd string qb's with no proven track record while our archrival, swimming in an endless amount of draft picks trades a 3rd rounder for running back that has the potential to run for over 1500 yards. Heck he did it playing for the worst team in the nfl. WE have handled FA and the draft in a laughable manner.

3rd string quaterback with no experience and under a microscope in Miami that has ZERO tolerance for poor qb play. We booed fiedler out of Miami, so this kid better hope he performs at a higher level and winning pct.

Brand new offensive line, dominated by rookies and 2nd year players with little to no experience. Picked up in FA an injured OL and one that ended Kurt Warners career.

We have the most difficult schedule in the NFL. We have a new offense, an offensive co-ordinator that has already quit, David Boston acting like the ***** that he is, and a lame duck coaching staff that feels they are "made" like Mafia hitmen cause they seem untouchable.

In conclusion, I hope the Phins have a great year However, after many years of watching football, I am starting to see what a total collaspe is all about. THE FANS OF CHICAGO warned us from the beginning but nobody wanted to believe it. Wanny inherited a great team from JJ, a team stacked with all pro defensive players and the solid foundations of success. This franchise has been in steady decline, and this year, I predict, the ***** hits the fan."

Obviously not everyone agrees with him over at Finheaven, but I think I sens a little more pessimism than is usual for this time of year among Finfans.
          This post just warms my heart. You made my day, I will sleep good tonight.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Comment

• Samphin1
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The Natrix
              That fellow speaks the truth. Just the opposite of Samphin1.
              Thanks for thinking of me Natrix. I didn't think I made that big of an impression on you buddy

Bumrush is a good guy. He has his right to his opinion. Personally, I think the Boston trade was/is a good one and will help us. The Feeley trade was questionable but the guy has a good arm and hopefully he proves a lot of skeptics wrong.

The oline is the biggest issue, but I like the left side greatly with Smith, James and McKinney. Carey should ho ok at RT but I expect osme bumps in the road as a rookie playing that spot. RG is a mystery to me but Jerman and Whitley have gotten good reviews in mini camps, whatever that means.

I like how I post only on Dolphin related threads here and have a boatload of posts. Are you guys that worried about our every little move that you have to even post on what our fellow fans are saying?

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                He forgot to mention that Ogunleye could very possibly miss 10 games of the season in a contract dispute. I won't tell him because he might commit hari-kiri if he realized that!
                lol
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
                  The Stoner Zoner
                  • Feb 2003

Why are you on our website then Samphin quit sweating us .

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Re: I thought you just might like to see. . .

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...ad.php?t=38468

I didn't know Wys had a sibling that was a fin fan...

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                      Exhausted of Losing
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Samphin1

The oline is the biggest issue, but I like the left side greatly with Smith, James and McKinney. Carey should ho ok at RT but I expect osme bumps in the road as a rookie playing that spot. RG is a mystery to me but Jerman and Whitley have gotten good reviews in mini camps, whatever that means.
                      I thought John St. Clair was starting at RT.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH

You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Samphin1
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH

They have St. Claire for two reasons. One was to be an emergency starter at LT in case Damien McIntish wouldn't be ready for the season and if we couldn't pick up an OT in the draft. Two, for backup center purposes. The general thought process going on over at Finheaven is that he is a much better center than RT. He provides dpeth at both places ( although moreso at center than RT ) Carey played both gurad and tackles positions in college but has been classified as a tackle by Wannstedt. He is splititng time with St. Claire on the first unit in these minicamps. I expect Carey to beat out St. Claire but also experience a stern learning curve. Sort of like how are LT, Wade Smith, did last year. Hopefully, that clears that up for you.

Comment

• Samphin1
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
                            Why are you on our website then Samphin quit sweating us .
                            I am on your website because I like Talking football no matter with who or where. I like most of you guys here, even though you root for the wrong team. And seeing how I have been called out by name by some of you, you obviously like my presence here as well.

Comment

• RUDEbyallMEANS
                              • Jun 2003

You guys just might as well call this forum "FinHeaven JR.'s"

With everything going on with Miami, you Bills fans post the most about the Dolphins than the Jets or Patriots fans do combined. I find that funny.

Boston puts Woodson face first. "What else is new???"

>>>>>>>>>> Troy Vincents Worst Nightmare <<<<<<<<<<<

"Who's The BIATCH NOW"!!!!!!!??????

Comment

Working...
                              X