PDA

View Full Version : Alright, someone needs to get busy...

ublinkwescore
05-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Scouts: Bills ready to air it out
Our scouts believe the Bills' offense, which struggled mightily in 2003, is poised for a bounce back-year in '04.

This is an ESPN Insider article that I would really like to read - so whoever is an insider member read it and summarize it on here for us PLEEEAAASE.

The Spaz
05-16-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Scouts: Bills ready to air it out
Our scouts believe the Bills' offense, which struggled mightily in 2003, is poised for a bounce back-year in '04.

This is an ESPN Insider article that I would really like to read - so whoever is an insider member read it and summarize it on here for us PLEEEAAASE.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45999

Novacane
05-16-2004, 02:17 PM
They have not been following the Bills very closely if they think we are "set to air it out"

The Spaz
05-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Mularkey is capable of getting a pair of 1000 yard receivers as well as a 1000 yard back.

mypoorfriendme
05-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Mularkey is capable of getting a pair of 1000 yard receivers as well as a 1000 yard back.

question is can he get two 1000 yard recievers AND two 1000 yard backs :up:

:couch:

The Spaz
05-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

It would take a miracle but who knows!:biggrin:

juice
05-16-2004, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by The Spaz
It would take a miracle but who knows!:biggrin:

And McNally would be named Position coach of the Year, Evans rookie of the Year and DB comeback player of the year.

ShadowHawk7
05-16-2004, 08:36 PM

Has that ever actually happened?
Henry getting 1200, WM getting 750, Eric getting 1100, and Evans getting 700 seems more plausible to me. That would still be awesome.

Tatonka
05-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
They have not been following the Bills very closely if they think we are "set to air it out"

i am starting to wonder.. i hope we do run the crap out of the ball.. but MM has had top passing offenses too.. i hope he doesnt fall in love with bledsoe's arm and pull a gilbride.

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Henry getting 1200, WM getting 750, Eric getting 1100, and Evans getting 700 seems more plausible to me. That would still be awesome.

that would be much more realistic..

helmetguy
05-16-2004, 09:55 PM
That's where MM departed from Gilbride. Sure, MM likes to sling the ball around, but he's much less inclined to do so without a stout ground game. Whereas, with Gilbride it was pass, pass, pass again-irrespective of the situation-MM likes to mix it up.

BillsRockSOMUCH
05-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
That's where MM departed from Gilbride. Sure, MM likes to sling the ball around, but he's much less inclined to do so without a stout ground game. Whereas, with Gilbride it was pass, pass, pass again-irrespective of the situation-MM likes to mix it up.

Good post.

Tatonka
05-17-2004, 12:10 AM

i hope your right.

thefixer74
05-17-2004, 01:25 AM

:cheers:

BigZ
05-17-2004, 12:30 PM

Definitely doable. My guess will be that a lot of the passing yardage will be made after the catch. MM and Clements will probably not air it out with bombs very often but our receivers can definitely run after the catch.

And don't forget about Reed - he'll be a big target across the middle on third and long.

Earthquake Enyart
05-17-2004, 12:35 PM

1975 OJ had 1817 yards and Jim Braxton had 823.

The Spaz
05-17-2004, 12:38 PM
In 2001 Plaxico Burress and Hines Ward each had 1000 yards receiving and Bettis had 1000 yards rushing.

TigerJ
05-17-2004, 11:10 PM
I think Mularkey may feel like a kid in a candy shop in Buffalo as he looks to the season. In Pittsburgh he had a depleted and hurting offensive line, a battered Bettis and an aimless Amos. Without the running threat or time to throw, Maddox was ineffective. Mularkeyu resorted to trick plays to try and generate something, but trick plays are far less effective when none of the regular stuff is working.

In Buffalo, Mularkey has a certified star RB in TH and a potential superstar in WM. He has a superstar WR in Moulds and now the speed on the other side with Evans to spring Moulds loose. He has the best offensive line coach in the league to help a talented but underachieving group become an effective unit.

I think Mularkey believes he can get Bledsoe to play to his best season in a while. Yes, I am an unapologetic homer!

Hermanator21
05-18-2004, 01:33 AM
Right on Tiger..............sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!!!

Pride
05-18-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I think Mularkey may feel like a kid in a candy shop in Buffalo as he looks to the season. In Pittsburgh he had a depleted and hurting offensive line, a battered Bettis and an aimless Amos. Without the running threat or time to throw, Maddox was ineffective. Mularkeyu resorted to trick plays to try and generate something, but trick plays are far less effective when none of the regular stuff is working.

In Buffalo, Mularkey has a certified star RB in TH and a potential superstar in WM. He has a superstar WR in Moulds and now the speed on the other side with Evans to spring Moulds loose. He has the best offensive line coach in the league to help a talented but underachieving group become an effective unit.

I think Mularkey believes he can get Bledsoe to play to his best season in a while. Yes, I am an unapologetic homer!

I actually completely agree with you. I blame 75% of last years offensive woes on Gilbride. His Pass, Run, Pass, Punt philosophy was so easy to call, most fans at home or in the stands knew what was coming!

Earthquake Enyart
05-18-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
1975 OJ had 1817 yards and Jim Braxton had 823.

Also in 1975, Bobby Chandler had 746 receiving yards, JD Hill 667, OJ 426.

There was only 1 receiver with 1000 yards receiving that year. :eek:

How the hell did we not make the playoffs in 1975 :huh:

Oh yeah, our defense blew. :puke:

Dozerdog
05-18-2004, 08:25 AM
The Bills averaged 30 points a game that year too- one of the highest averages- if not the higest scoring average- in team history

BigZ
05-18-2004, 09:59 AM
Agree wholeheartedly Tiger!