PDA

View Full Version : Who is As Excited about Evans as I am!!

tampabay25690
05-17-2004, 01:23 AM
Hey Guys........

Just got to read my Bills Digest today.......I am about 3 days late getting my mail, but I have to admit I am so excited about Lee Evans as a Buffalo Bill....... I think it was great move by the bills and I can't wait to see him play....

Its gunny cause the place I work I got to talk to Rhonde Barber today about the up coming season and he was ripping on me about my BILLS Tire cover on my truck, and telling me I need a BUCS one.......I have to admit his Superbowl ring is very nice......$16,000 it costs.............Well He is an awesome guy......

Later

The Spaz
05-17-2004, 07:22 AM
I'm excited as well. I have no doubt Lee Evans will make an impact this season.

ryjam282
05-17-2004, 08:53 AM
I am soooo looking forward to his beginning. He will open things up so much for this offense...Can't wait.

LtBillsFan66
05-17-2004, 08:54 AM
I am.

Jan Reimers
05-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Count me in. I think he will be a tremendous receiver - this year.

THenry2034
05-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Who isn't excited about seeing this guy play? I mean....look at the last few #1 draft picks and tell me you were more excited about them than Lee Evans. Clements got me excited, but not all that excited. Mike Williams...it's a offensive lineman - enough said. McGahee....didn't play a down last year, but I'm really excited about him this year.

We haven't had an offensive player to be really excited about in a long time. That even makes me more excited, epescially a receiver who was drafted as high as him.

Tatonka
05-17-2004, 12:42 PM
i hope he can be just a little bit better than reed was his rookie year.

i have high hopes for him down the line especially. i think he will be a legit number 1.

thefixer74
05-18-2004, 10:46 AM
I am big time,speed,hands,desire...lets play some FOOTBALL.

HAMMER
05-18-2004, 11:35 AM
I am very excited about him. Great hands, speed, desire, great attitude, and he is very bright. That is a great combination, that is why the Bills took him over some of the other bigger WR's available. Combine all this with the fact that he stayed in school and is very mature for his age and you have a winner.

All it will take is one or two big plays to him early in the season and our offense will open up like a Ho on Delaware Ave. He will make a difference THIS year.

madness
05-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by HAMMER
All it will take is one or two big plays to him early in the season and our offense will open up like a Ho on Delaware Ave. He will make a difference THIS year.

:lol: Thanks man, I needed that. It's been a tough day at work.

Philly Zoner
05-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER

that sounds like a Philly reference

justasportsfan
05-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Philly Zoner

that sounds like a Philly reference how would you know? You hang out there too?

MDFINFAN
05-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
how would you know? You hang out there too?

He was referring to the HO part Justa,,,:chuckle:

mypoorfriendme
05-18-2004, 09:54 PM
as excited as i am to see evans, im probably twice as excited to see mcgahee. i hate the hurricanes but have always respected mcgahee for some reason. i just remember how unstoppable he was all through college and whenever i saw the canes play, i would pray they didnt hand it off to him because he was quite liable to score. im excited to see evans, but i just step back and think hes only a rookie reciever so i cant expect to see TOO much

Goobylal
05-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
as excited as i am to see evans, im probably twice as excited to see mcgahee. i hate the hurricanes but have always respected mcgahee for some reason. i just remember how unstoppable he was all through college and whenever i saw the canes play, i would pray they didnt hand it off to him because he was quite liable to score. im excited to see evans, but i just step back and think hes only a rookie reciever so i cant expect to see TOO much
I'm excited to see them both. That will be 2-1st round picks making their debut this season for the Bills, although one is a year late. And as for Evans, it's good to have low expectations since he's a rookie, but it's been said that he's the most polished WR in the draft, and what he needs most (besides experience) is refining out his route-running since he's got all the other tools. Well he's got a good WR coach in Tolbert, who helped Boldin become a rookie sensation.

mypoorfriendme
05-19-2004, 12:39 AM
sure boldin did great under toldbert, but what about bryant johnson? their first round reciever last year??

im not completely sold on tolbert being a good coach just because of anquan boldin.

Goobylal
05-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
sure boldin did great under toldbert, but what about bryant johnson? their first round reciever last year??

im not completely sold on tolbert being a good coach just because of anquan boldin.
I don't know about Johnson, but I do know that Tolbert was the one who was pushing hard for Boldin and the one who was directly responsible for developing him since he was his WR coach. I have a feeling that (Cards' OC last year) Jerry Sullivan was the one who wanted Johnson. I figure that Tolbert was also pushing hard for Evans, and Evans seems to have all the tools you're looking for, especially desire and work ethic.

The Spaz
05-19-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Goobylal
I don't know about Johnson, but I do know that Tolbert was the one who was pushing hard for Boldin and the one who was directly responsible for developing him since he was his WR coach. I have a feeling that (Cards' OC last year) Jerry Sullivan was the one who wanted Johnson. I figure that Tolbert was also pushing hard for Evans, and Evans seems to have all the tools you're looking for, especially desire and work ethic.

TD and Modrak were also really high on Evans but your right Tolbert probably saw something in Evans as well. Besides why wouldn't a WR coach want a new toy to play with.:up::beers:

Goobylal
05-19-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
TD and Modrak were also really high on Evans but your right Tolbert probably saw something in Evans as well. Besides why wouldn't a WR coach want a new toy to play with.:up::beers:
TD and Modrak were high on him, but you have to wonder how much of that was Tolbert's doing. I'm sure the "big and tall 3-4" were more sexy picks, and I'd like to see where the Bills had Evans rated after Fitz, who was the concensus best WR.

The Spaz
05-19-2004, 07:59 AM
It's pretty obvious that TD has Evans as the best player available as that's how he makes most of his selections.

elltrain22
05-19-2004, 08:42 AM
I know I sure am. The day before the draft, I was listening to sports talk radio, and Howard Balzer was talking about who he thought ( nfl rookies ) will be able to make an immediate impact, and he spoke alot about how Lee Evans has been lost in the lime light of larry Fitz & Roy Williams, but Evans has just as much upside as any other guy coming out this year. His speed, hands, and work ethic will make him a great wr this year. I simply can't wait to see what he can do.

TigerJ
05-19-2004, 12:09 PM
I wouold love to have been a fly on the wall in the Bills' warroom, but I doubt we'll ever hear who advocated for whom, unless the Bills decide to tell us, and then you'd have to take it with a grain of salt. I think TD is basically honest, but like anyone else, he's not above spinning it to create a certain impression.

buffmaniac
05-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Who knows how Evans will do but I like his chances. Here is a little comparison to a very good NFL WR when he was first entering the NFL. Both are from cbs sportsline

19th Pick in 1996 3rd WR chosen
Marvin Harrison Syracuse 6'0" 180 4.45
A narrow framed receiver with very quick feet and blazing speed. Short strider. Dangerous return man who can turn the corner. Good in-traffic runner. Senses openings well. Avoids low tackles smoothly. Shifty. Can shake DBs off balance in his routes. Sharp cutter with great over the middle acceleration. Comes back for the ball well. Has reliable hands. Somewhat of a cradler. Has good leaping ability -- can make the high grabs. Isn't real physical in a crowd -- hears footsteps at times. Not likely to get much bigger. Durability is a concern at the next level.

13th Pick in 2004 4th WR chosen
Lee Evans Wisconsin 5'11" 195 4.41
Has ideal body structure; high cut with good chest and arm definition, thick and muscular legs and a slender waist ... Outgoing and confident player with above average foot speed and movement agility ... Very quick off the line, using his hands well to push off the defender ... Runs precise patterns in the short area and has superb sideline and back-of-the-end zone awareness (does a nice job of keeping his feet inbounds) ... Has the sudden moves, acceleration and long speed to defeat coverage in the open ... Knows how to settle in the zone and face the quarterback when operating underneath ... Properly extends his hands to reach for the ball ... Maintains his focus going for the ball in traffic and has good shake and hip swerve to sell and con in his routes ... Will extend and leave the ground to haul in the high passes and is adept at catching the ball over his shoulders on long routes Has that extra gear needed to run away from tacklers after the catch ... Effective blocker who will stalk, cut and crack block for the running game ... Normal strider with above average balance and flexibility ... Team-oriented player who takes well to hard coaching and normally can be found in the film room studying his next opponent.

I know this means absolutely nothing but I can dream can't I.

SABURZFAN
05-19-2004, 06:08 PM
he'll have to average 4 receptions a game to have me excited.

The Spaz
05-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
he'll have to average 4 receptions a game to have me excited.

I think anyone will be happy with 64 receptions in his rookie year.

SABURZFAN
05-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

I think anyone will be happy with 64 receptions in his rookie year.

do you think he can do it?i'm not too sure yet.

The Spaz
05-20-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
do you think he can do it?i'm not too sure yet.

Do I think he can, yes. Will he is the question. If he ends up being the number 2 opposite of Moulds then there is a really good chance.