X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Bills Alumni Spotlight: Bill Brooks

There are several ways to define class. One is by simply saying Bill Brooks.

Following seven years with the Indianapolis Colts where he collected 411 receptions and 28 touchdowns on the field and was the team’s two-time United Way spokesman and keynote speaker for its "No to Drugs, Yes to School" rallies off the field, Brooks signed with the three-time AFC champion Bills as an unrestricted free agent in 1993.

"When free agency first started in the NFL around that time, the Colts wanted me to come back, but wanted to work out a new salary structure and things of that nature," Brooks says. "If I’m not mistaken, back then, the Bills, since they had gone to the Super Bowl, couldn’t approach anyone unless they had lost someone. So after they lost someone, they talked to me and my agent. They worked out a deal and I signed. (Colts owner) Jim Irsay understood everything that was going on and he wished me the best and wished things could have worked out where I stayed with the Colts.

• Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

that guy had some jacked up fingers.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I think back to that playoff game against the Raiders. Kelly was looking for someone to get the ball to and Darryl Talley could be seen on the sideline yelling for him to "look at Billy." Kelly hooked up with Billy for a TD.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• thefixer74
        Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
        I think back to that playoff game against the Raiders. Kelly was looking for someone to get the ball to and Darryl Talley could be seen on the sideline yelling for him to "look at Billy." Kelly hooked up with Billy for a TD.
        To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

Working...
        X