PDA

View Full Version : Brain types

THATHURMANATOR
05-18-2004, 08:58 AM
There has been a lot of talk recently on local and national radio shows regarding Brain types and how certain Brain types cannot succeed in the NFL. Has anyone heard this also. The guy who was talking about it on the radio said that there is one QB in this class who has the bad brain type and then when someone asked him to talk about Losman he would not.

The Spaz
05-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
There has been a lot of talk recently on local and national radio shows regarding Brain types and how certain Brain types cannot succeed in the NFL. Has anyone heard this also. The guy who was talking about it on the radio said that there is one QB in this class who has the bad brain type and then when someone asked him to talk about Losman he would not.

From what I have read Eli Manning has a bad brain type.

LtBillsFan66
05-18-2004, 09:01 AM
What is the assessment based on?

THATHURMANATOR
05-18-2004, 09:09 AM
Look at this site

http://www.braintypes.com/

LtBillsFan66
05-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh yeah. I hear of that before. I think it's a bunch of bs.

THATHURMANATOR
05-18-2004, 09:25 AM
I am wondering if it is BS or does it make a difference?

ING do you have any insight on this?

LtBillsFan66
05-18-2004, 09:30 AM
I saw a segment on it. And it was pretty clear that it's not really scientific.

Goobylal
05-18-2004, 09:44 AM
There's more science to it than what they're using now. If someone is smart, they'll do a retrospective study on it and then make that a part of future combine testing "numbers."

BigZ
05-18-2004, 10:02 AM
Actually, it works pretty well. It showed that Ryan Leaf HAD NO BRAIN!

justasportsfan
05-18-2004, 10:09 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45453&highlight=giants

Jan Reimers
05-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
From what I have read Eli Manning has a bad brain type.

I think the feeling is that Eli has a brain type that is not quite as good as Peyton's and some other top flight NFL QBs in terms of measuring potential success.

THATHURMANATOR
05-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Has anyone seen anything regarding Losmans brain type and is this a big issue?

B-DON
05-18-2004, 10:45 AM
i dont place much value on it but someone a while back(i think it was tonk) pointed out that a number of great qbs in the league had the same brain type, and i dont think it would hurt losman to have this brain type

TigerJ
05-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Colin Cowherd of ESPN radio gave this a lot of play, and interviewed the guy from braintypes.com. He was asked about Losman. he did not specifically refuse to talk about him but just kind of passed over the subject. It's not clear if he just forgot the question or was deliberately avoiding discussing Losman.

Manning (Eli) is not considered to have the worst braintype for a QB by far. He just doesn't have the best like his older brother. The braintypes guy doesn't necessarily think he'll be a failure, as he predicted for Leaf, just that he won't be as successful as Peyton.

A reminder: braintyping is based on the psychological theory of Karl Jung. The standard test for typing is the Meyers-Briggs Type Analysis. It was developed in the first half of the twentieth century. It has proven to have validity for a lot of applications. As time has gone on, certainly there are people who have figured out how to cheat, that is to manipulate the results, based on how they answer certain questions. As this gets more exposure, my guess is that it will be less reliable in the future because agents are bound to get a hold of the test and start coaching clients on what answers to give.

CWOUSARET
05-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Oh yeah. I hear of that before. I think it's a bunch of bs.

Listen this guy's BTI is a rip-off from the works of Dr.'s Myers and Briggs - who developed the the MBTI, or Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment tool for assessing personality types - NOT BRAIN TYPEs. THE MBTI is the most respected tool of it's kind in the business today and is highly rated in both validity and realibility - it is not BS but a very useful tool in personality assessment. I have used this tool myself and I have taught this tool to undergradute and graduate students.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Look at this site

http://www.braintypes.com/

I went to the sirte and he is using the exact four-letter tpye indicators used in the MBTI - I can't believe that Dr. Myers is allowing this to occur - she is a real fireball and very protective of her intellectual property. hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Goobylal
05-19-2004, 03:40 PM
TigerJ: Did he discuss the other 1st round QB's?