PDA

View Full Version : Mort is on the wagon

Jeff1220
05-17-2004, 02:38 PM
This is a few weeks old, but I don't remember seeing it posted. I have heard that Parcells justified his trade in saying he thinks the Bills could be a bottom five team next year.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5184

Kevin (Chicago, IL): Mort...Dallas now has Buffalo's #1 for next season. Will that be a Top 5 pick? I don't think the Bills will win 5 games this year.

Mort: Are you kidding? They had the No. 2 defense in football last year and they just did a great job of upgrading the offense. At best forthe Cowboys, it will be a mid-first rounder. It has a chance to be in the bottom of the first.

There was also this comment on TD:

Brian Grabowski (Oil City, Michigan): Tom Donahoe announced at a press conference yesterday, "I am out of patience." What does this mean for his future with the club? Isn't he to blame for hiring Gregg Williams and not firing him sooner?

Mort: I think Donahoe does hold himself accountable for the team's failure this past year. Clearly, he didn't pick the right coach for his team. But it's only fair to give that coach three years. As for Donohoe's future, he's too good at what he does to contemplate any firing. I guess if the Bills actually get worse under Mike Mularkey, then obviously all of this will change.

The Spaz
05-17-2004, 02:48 PM
It has been posted 100 times already...lol!:up::beers:

Novacane
05-17-2004, 03:48 PM
But it's only fair to give that coach three years.

Thats a bunch of bull. Most of us knew GW was a dud after year 1

SeatownBillsFan21
05-18-2004, 12:42 AM
LOL i havent seen this yet!!!GO BILLS

Jeff1220
05-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
It has been posted 100 times already...lol!:up::beers:

link? :D

The Spaz
05-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
link? :D

It's in here somewhere. I can't remember the title of it.:biggrin:

thefixer74
05-18-2004, 10:50 AM
I've seen it before.

But I think we will make some noise this year.Every thing is comming together,It all depends on how Bledsoe plays.

Mr. Cynical
05-19-2004, 01:05 AM
From ESPN Chat Wrap:

Kevin (Chicago, IL): Mort...Dallas now has Buffalo's #1 for next season. Will that be a Top 5 pick? I don't think the Bills will win 5 games this year.

Mort: Are you kidding? They had the No. 2 defense in football last year and they just did a great job of upgrading the offense. At best forthe Cowboys, it will be a mid-first rounder. It has a chance to be in the bottom of the first.

You tell 'em Mort-o!

:bandwagon

elltrain22
05-19-2004, 08:45 AM
Kevin from Chicago can go suck it!!!!!!

Jeff1220
05-19-2004, 08:54 AM
From the title of this thread (I didn't name it - it was merged w/mine), I thought this was about Mort coming clean with alcoholism or something like that. lol.

Goobylal
05-19-2004, 09:23 AM
Actually Parcells made the comment that he thinks that the pick next year (that the Bills gave) could be in the top third of the draft, and that's the reason he traded it away. Obviously the fat has gone to his brain with that thinking, AND with passing over Stephen Jackson for Julius Jones.

Dantheman1280
05-19-2004, 10:43 AM
:lolpoint: Julius Jones over Jackson

McBFLO
05-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

As much as I'm glad he's gone, you can't say that. No coach would have been successfull with that team and those players. He had absolutely nothing to work with. After the second year, I could maybe see it. But again, no coach would have done well under those circumstances.

Tatonka
05-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Kevin from Chicago can go suck it!!!!!!

:rofl:

MDFINFAN
05-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
From the title of this thread (I didn't name it - it was merged w/mine), I thought this was about Mort coming clean with alcoholism or something like that. lol.

Base on his opinion of the bills he's still a closet drunk....:bath:

I know I hear about that one..

Ingtar33
05-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
:lolpoint: Julius Jones over Jackson

I'll second that

Dozerdog
05-21-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

If you fire guys after year 1- you will never hire decent coaches in the future- top candidates will stay away in droves unless you take the Dan Snyder route and pay 3-5 times the going rate for coaches.