X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Sharpe Replaces Sanders on CBS!

Maybe now I can actually watch their pregame again!

NEW YORK (AP) -- Shannon Sharpe hopes he's a standout as a television analyst, too.

The NFL's all-time leader in receptions and yards for a tight end officially joined CBS' pregame show, ``The NFL Today,'' on Tuesday.

The loquacious Sharpe replaces the equally outspoken Deion Sanders, who left following a contract dispute.

``I'm very excited to be brought on board,'' Sharpe said. ``I'm going to be good at this because I'm going to work hard at it.''

Sharpe, who will be 36 in June, had wavered on whether to return for a 15th NFL season before announcing last month he would be back. The eight-time Pro Bowler had expressed interest in a TV analyst job in the past and changed his mind about retirement when Sanders left.

``You're always going to feel that you can play but at some point and time you're going to have to walk away from the game,'' Sharpe said, ``and this opportunity might not be there.''

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

There is a God. Although Sharpe's mouth is as bad as DS.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

At least Sharpe is well spoken.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
        At least Sharpe is well spoken.
        not if he talks to quickly...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          not if he talks to quickly...
          You mean when he talks out of breathe during a game or right after?

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

Sharpe is much more witty in his humor and his edginess than Sanders. He'll be a great addition.

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

He'll be a good analyst. He is very intelligent, and has good insight into the game.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jul 2003

THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!

I hate Deion. But you know he is going to end up somewhere...ESPN? NFL Network?

Comment

Working...
                X