X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomdonahoe
    • May 2004

This years cut(s)...

Every season we see a suprising cut during training camp...Who do you think it will be this year?

These are not really all that suprising though:
    Damion Shelton (All FB's) -
    I can't imagine the Bills keeping a FB on the roster since they will running the ball out of a lot of three wide sets not to mention McGahee and Henry will play at the same time. Plus Neufeld can play a H-back role at times.

Antonio Brown
    Travis Brown - Just throwing him out there, he probably will survive.
    Justin Bannan - I wouldn't cut him but if you look at the depth at DT it will be quite a chore for him to make the roster.

Tommy D.
    Tommy D.
    The Voice of Reason
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Hi Tom...welcome to the boards...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

hmmm, I pretty sure teams always carry a FB. I don't see Willis being a lead blocker for Henry on 3rd and goal at the one yard line.

I think Travis Brown stays. I don't want two back ups that have no experiece/chemistry with the team.

Antonio Brown should be cut. He is rotted.

Yeah, Bannan could be the odd man out at DT.

Byrd.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
        • Mar 2003

Either Shelton or Lawton will be cut.
        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Ryan Denney will be replaced by a potted plant, and no one will know the difference.

Rian Lindell will be replaced by a real kicker.

Sape, Crowell, Haggan, A. Brown, Coleman, Simonton and Reese will all be looking over their shoulder for the Turk.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• tomdonahoe
            • May 2004

Originally posted by The Natrix
            hmmm, I pretty sure teams always carry a FB. I don't see Willis being a lead blocker for Henry on 3rd and goal at the one yard line.
            Goaline, they could use Peters, Neufeld or Campbell. Last season they used Neufeld at H-back many times.
            Tommy D.
            The Voice of Reason

Comment

• Dantheman1280
              I am the Man!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Ryan Denney will be replaced by a potted plant, and no one will know the difference.

Sape, Crowell, Haggan, A. Brown, Coleman, Simonton and Reese will all be looking over their shoulder for the Turk.
              Sape (maybe, he is undersized and is injury prone
              Crowell ( why would we cut him after just one season, wasen't he our 3rd rounder?)
              Haggen (Provides depth at linebaker and will make it on the PS at the least)
              Brown (he is gone)
              Coleman ( He has a good shot, the WR corps is crowded but we will have to see if he can fight it out)
              Simonton (Gone!)
              Reese ( I think he will stay, but if we cut him it wouldnt bother me one bit)

Comment

• tomdonahoe
                • May 2004

I loved Crowell at Virginia. Reminded me of Sam Cowart, a tackling machine. He was just way too small last year but I think he will have a special teams impact this year along with Haggan. I see both those guys making this squad.

Keep in mind our special teams lost our captains - Sammy Morris and DaShon Polk.

Tommy D.
                Tommy D.
                The Voice of Reason

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

I can see us keeping 2 fb's hell we had Gash and Crosby last year and the year before we had Crosby and Centers. Shelton and Lawton are 2 different FB's Shelton is more of a blocker as Lawton is a receiver with decent speed.

Comment

• tomdonahoe
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
                    I can see us keeping 2 fb's hell we had Gash and Crosby last year and the year before we had Crosby and Centers. Shelton and Lawton are 2 different FB's Shelton is more of a blocker as Lawton is a receiver with decent speed.
                    The thing is roster spots. We know they will keep at least 3 TE's and maybe even four with Peters but they will probably practice squad him. Six or seven Wide outs, probably seven with kick returning duties for Smith. Then at DT we could see 7 tackles make the roster.

I don't think we are going to see alot of "Big" formations this season. I think Mularkey will always keep at least three receivers in the set. It could be Moulds, Evans and Reed in the slot or Moulds, Evans and McGahee coming out of the backfield in motion. I think they will try to run out of a spread offense more often then a power set. Mainly our TEs are not the greatest blockers and it will force teams to substitue a corner for a linebacker.

Tommy D.
                    Tommy D.
                    The Voice of Reason

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

i am willing to bet anything that crowell doesnt get cut.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by tomdonahoe
                        The thing is roster spots. We know they will keep at least 3 TE's and maybe even four with Peters but they will probably practice squad him. Six or seven Wide outs, probably seven with kick returning duties for Smith. Then at DT we could see 7 tackles make the roster.

I don't think we are going to see alot of "Big" formations this season. I think Mularkey will always keep at least three receivers in the set. It could be Moulds, Evans and Reed in the slot or Moulds, Evans and McGahee coming out of the backfield in motion. I think they will try to run out of a spread offense more often then a power set. Mainly our TEs are not the greatest blockers and it will force teams to substitue a corner for a linebacker.

Tommy D.

I think 3 TE's is a big set and I think we will see that a lot in 3rd and short and goalline situations.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                          • Jul 2002

Dorenbos may be gone with the arrival of another LS that plays more than one position.

Reese - Gone.
                          McKenzie - hasn't shown anything and never will again.
                          A. Brown - we may have some KRs that can also play WR and RB.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                            Dorenbos may be gone with the arrival of another LS that plays more than one position.

Reese - Gone.
                            McKenzie - hasn't shown anything and never will again.
                            A. Brown - we may have some KRs that can also play WR and RB.

those last three are not even long shots to make the roster imho..

mckenzie did show something when he played.. but he is schobels back up and doesnt see much time.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Aiken.

Comment

Working...
                              X