PDA

View Full Version : More good news for Samphin!!!!

Kolbiss
05-19-2004, 12:18 PM
The link would make you register, so I'll just post the whole article!!!...........I love it

Quarterback school opens with questions surrounding Ricky Williams' drug-test appeal and a possible rift on the coaching staff.

BY JASON COLE

jcole@herald.com

As the Dolphins open their second of five offseason quarterback schools today, the daunting question of who will be the starting signal-caller ranks about sixth in order of importance these days.

Be it the pending appeal of Ricky Williams' positive drug test for marijuana use, how Chris Foerster will do in his first week of leading practices as offensive coordinator or exactly what is the truth behind Joel Collier's reassignment from offensive coordinator to running backs coach, the Dolphins appear to be quite a show these days.

The type of show featuring three rings.

Williams is expected to address the media this morning regarding his appeal of a second positive drug test. The appeal was completed last week and is likely to be resolved later this week.

According to a source close to the situation, the NFL informed Williams he could be fined $650,000. He also would be a step closer to a four-game suspension if the appeal is denied.

As for Foerster and the seeming soap opera surrounding his promotion, there is growing concern within the team about the situation.

Chief among the concerns are rumors regarding a rift between Collier and quarterback coach/assistant head coach Marc Trestman.

In the week since Collier was reassigned by coach Dave Wannstedt because of health concerns, multiple sources have indicated Collier and Trestman didn't see eye to eye.

Wannstedt strongly denied that a rift had anything to do with his decision.

''I've already emphatically said that the adjustment was made only because of Joel's health situation,'' Wannstedt said in a statement Monday. ``Now that it has been made, we're moving forward and concentrating on what we need to do to get ready for this season.''

Collier and Trestman declined to comment.

Three sources said the relationship between Collier and Trestman appeared uncomfortable recently.

'I never saw any kind of blow-up, but there were times where Joel would say, `This is how we've done it around here,' and Marc would say, 'Well, there's a better way,' '' a source said.

``Their personalities are very different.''

`MARC TOOK CHARGE'

That difference seemed to play out on the practice field and in meetings. During the Dolphins minicamp April 30 to May 2, Trestman did most of the talking and running of drills by the offense.

Said one player: 'Marc really took charge, and I thought that was odd. It was the same in the meetings. We had one where Joel got up and talked, and then Marc got up and said, `This is how we're running the passing game.' I've never seen that.''

Whether the different styles were irreconcilable remains a subject of rumor. Making the situation more curious is that when Collier missed the first quarterback school May 4-6, two Dolphins employees saw him in the team's training facility on at least two of those days.

Wannstedt said on the first day that Collier missed the practices for ''personal reasons'' and then said Collier, 40, was sick on the second and third days.

HEALTH CONCERNS

A person close to Collier said there are strong health concerns, although he declined to be specific.

''I'll just say there's something there that's legitimate,'' said the friend of Collier.

The upshot of the whole situation is that the Dolphins are now left with Foerster as offensive coordinator, a man who is running an offense installed by former coordinator Norv Turner, for whom Foerster never worked.

Tatonka
05-19-2004, 12:24 PM
:snicker:

The Spaz
05-19-2004, 12:35 PM
I love this news. I can read it all day!:popcorn:

Kolbiss
05-19-2004, 12:45 PM
My buddy samphin should be here anytime to defend them!!

Ebenezer
05-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Sittin back near a tree, with a cold beer...enjoying the breeze :up:

The Spaz
05-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Sittin back near a tree, with a cold beer...enjoying the breeze :up:

:up::beers:

Samphin1
05-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Good to know I am thought of so much that an atire thread was dedicated by your guys waiting for me to respond. :lol:

As for the Ricky Williams thing goes, I have alrady stated that if his appeal is denied and the marijuana thing sticks, he is an idiot for putting himself in that situation. However, Mortenson said in a chat that he thinks Williams has a good shot of winnign his appeal, which I thought was odd. I wonder if there is more to the story than originally reported. Anyhow, in that case, I am taking a wait and see on that until the situation is fully resolved. Again, let me reiterate, if he is busted and appeal is withheld, I concur that he is stupid for doing it, if he is exonerated, I will make sure to let you guys know. :lol: Either way, he is still suiting up for 16 games which means bad news for opposing defenses.

As far as the coaching situation goes. That is a mess right now. I said as much on here about the Collier situation. Him stepping down for "health concerns" but maintianing a position as a RB coach, made my spidey sense tingle that something else was up. The problem there is in the coaches titles. Trestman is the Asst. Head Coach and QB coach, Collier was the offensive coordinator. Which title out weighs the other? I am sure both thought the other has/had more say and that led to problems. Perhaps Collier's departure for helath concerns were that Trestman was going to beat his arse. :lol:

Foerester is the OC now. I have no problem with that. A slong as he makes sure Fiedler/Feeley get tha balls to Chambers/Boston/Ricky/McMicheal and Konrad, I will be happy.

Ok, I think that answers everything right dannyboy? Anything else you need answers for? 1+1? where babies come from? Anything? :)

Kolbiss
05-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
Good to know I am thought of so much that an atire thread was dedicated by your guys waiting for me to respond. :lol:

As for the Ricky Williams thing goes, I have alrady stated that if his appeal is denied and the marijuana thing sticks, he is an idiot for putting himself in that situation. However, Mortenson said in a chat that he thinks Williams has a good shot of winnign his appeal, which I thought was odd. I wonder if there is more to the story than originally reported. Anyhow, in that case, I am taking a wait and see on that until the situation is fully resolved. Again, let me reiterate, if he is busted and appeal is withheld, I concur that he is stupid for doing it, if he is exonerated, I will make sure to let you guys know. :lol: Either way, he is still suiting up for 16 games which means bad news for opposing defenses.

As far as the coaching situation goes. That is a mess right now. I said as much on here about the Collier situation. Him stepping down for "health concerns" but maintianing a position as a RB coach, made my spidey sense tingle that something else was up. The problem there is in the coaches titles. Trestman is the Asst. Head Coach and QB coach, Collier was the offensive coordinator. Which title out weighs the other? I am sure both thought the other has/had more say and that led to problems. Perhaps Collier's departure for helath concerns were that Trestman was going to beat his arse. :lol:

Foerester is the OC now. I have no problem with that. A slong as he makes sure Fiedler/Feeley get tha balls to Chambers/Boston/Ricky/McMicheal and Konrad, I will be happy.

Ok, I think that answers everything right dannyboy? Anything else you need answers for? 1+1? where babies come from? Anything? :)

Babies come from the womb......tell me how they get there!!!

Samphin1
05-19-2004, 04:23 PM
:lol:

MDFINFAN
05-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
:snicker:

Tatonka, this will come back to haunt you..:chuk:

MDFINFAN
05-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Then when the season start and kick you butts, I'll read those articles over and over again..:gag:

The Spaz
05-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Then when the season start and kick you butts, I'll read those articles over and over again..:gag:

Be sure to read the fine print where it says April Fools, or "all wins subject to change during December".http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/smilies/p.gif