PDA

View Full Version : Shelton is Recommitted and Ready

The Spaz
05-19-2004, 01:20 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/shelton519_subsq.jpgYou don't know what you've got until it's gone. Words could not have been more prophetic for Buffalo's new top fullback.

Daimon Shelton was a 255-pound hammer that cleared the way for the likes of Fred Taylor in Jacksonville, and later Anthony Thomas in Chicago. But after six seasons in the league the 31-year old blocker was cut by the Bears in the 2003 preseason, and was not picked up by another club the whole year.

"It was very humbling," said Shelton of his year out of football. "It opened my eyes to a lot of things. The game is so precious to me and to be out for that whole season, it really hit me hard. Being back in the NFL has made me realize how much of a blessing it is to be able to do something that you love, and get paid for it."

Buffalo, looking for some affordable fullback help signed Shelton to a two-year deal on Jan. 28, and he has since recommitted himself to the game. With Sammy Morris signing in Miami, and Sam Gash's departure to New Orleans, his signing is all the more important.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=242872

juice
05-19-2004, 01:28 PM
How is he at blocking in passing plays?

The Spaz
05-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by juice
How is he at blocking in passing plays?

I have no idea, we will have to find out. He is a big body to at least get in blitzers way though.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2004, 01:32 PM
I was told by a buddy of mine in Chicago that this guy will be a fan favorite. He works extremely hard and never stops.

BigZ
05-20-2004, 04:28 AM
If he's ready to work hard he's the kind of player we need to play smashmouth football.

The WM / TH two halfback set will be nice to see about once every 10 plays and the three receiver set should be good for third and long.

If we're going to get TH and WM over 700 each we'll need the blocking back that Shelton could be.

ryjam282
05-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Nice article. I like a guy that has something to prove....

Tatonka
05-20-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I was told by a buddy of mine in Chicago that this guy will be a fan favorite. He works extremely hard and never stops.

all i know is that fred taylor and anthony thomas were both exteremly successful when he was thier lead blocker.

correlation? :idunno:

Goobylal
05-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

all i know is that fred taylor and anthony thomas were both exteremly successful when he was thier lead blocker.

correlation? :idunno:
Seems that way, although Thomas didn't do so hot in 2002 in Shelton's last year (although Shelton only started half the games). But then what happened last year? I think I heard he had injury issues, and I hope that's the case and that he's gotten over them (which I assume he has, otherwise he wouldn't have been signed, right?).