PDA

View Full Version : Veteran DE

Dantheman1280
05-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know or think that any average or better veteran DE's will be realesed June 1. I am worried about our DE situation because if we don't resign Schobel than we got NOTHING next year!!

:feedback:

I hope we are not :stuck: with Kelsay and RD!

The Spaz
05-20-2004, 10:48 AM
The only one I can think of offhand is Tony Brackens and he really is on the downside of his career.

The Spaz
05-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
Does anyone know or think that any average or better veteran DE's will be realesed June 1. I am worried about our DE situation because if we don't resign Schobel than we got NOTHING next year!!

:feedback:

I hope we are not :stuck: with Kelsay and RD!

I like Kelsay I think he will be fine.

Dantheman1280
05-20-2004, 10:52 AM
I like him too but I am not going to bet the farm on him!

The Spaz
05-20-2004, 10:53 AM
I like him too but I am not going to bet the farm on him!

I don't think anyone is but you just can't give up on guy who was in his rookie year and say he is garbage. I know you didn't say that but a lot of people our calling our picks busts because they weren't world beaters in there rookie year.

Dantheman1280
05-20-2004, 10:56 AM
I think Kelsay has potential but I have given up on RD!!

The Spaz
05-20-2004, 10:58 AM
I think Kelsay has potential but I have given up on RD!!

I'll give up on Ryan Denney after this year at least as him being a starter if he can't get it done this year.

Dantheman1280
05-20-2004, 11:08 AM
YES, what about the UFA we picked up?

The Spaz
05-20-2004, 11:16 AM
YES, what about the UFA we picked up?

I don't think Spicer or Ritzman have a real chance at making the roster there best be would be to make the practice squad.

tomdonahoe
05-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Rick Lyle is still out there but I still think Denney has potential. He needs to use his leverage and technique much better. But if Denney can play the run well this year I think you could label him as a success. Stopping the run is number one b/c you can always bring Wire or a LB on obvious passing downs.
One positive note is that there were games were Denney played really well. But no doubt, overall his performance was poor last year.

Tommy D.

DraftBoy
05-20-2004, 12:11 PM
I think Spice has an outside shot, hes alot like Grant Irons in a way. Good pass rusher.

The Spaz
05-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
I think Spice has an outside shot, hes alot like Grant Irons in a way. Good pass rusher.

I guess but Irons was 3-4 inches taller too.

juice
05-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Did the Dolphins work things out with Ogunleye(SP)... I know he will be looking for a BoatLoad but if we had his rush this "D" would be #1, more dominant than the Ravens.

TigerJ
05-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Spicer is a linebacker trying to play DE IMO. He has some speed and pass rushing ability. I don't know that he has the size to be any more than a situational pass rusher from the DE spot. He'll wear down if he tries to do more than that.

Dantheman1280
05-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by juice
Did the Dolphins work things out with Ogunleye(SP)... I know he will be looking for a BoatLoad but if we had his rush this "D" would be #1, more dominant than the Ravens.

I would never pay OGUN what he is asking

Goobylal
05-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe
Rick Lyle is still out there but I still think Denney has potential. He needs to use his leverage and technique much better. But if Denney can play the run well this year I think you could label him as a success. Stopping the run is number one b/c you can always bring Wire or a LB on obvious passing downs.
One positive note is that there were games were Denney played really well. But no doubt, overall his performance was poor last year.

Tommy D.
One Bills poster on another message board swears that Denney was the best run-stopper on the Bills last year. I can't say for sure, but he was adamant about it. Hopefully that's true and he can play run downs and Kelsay can play passing down.

tomdonahoe
05-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal

One Bills poster on another message board swears that Denney was the best run-stopper on the Bills last year. I can't say for sure, but he was adamant about it. Hopefully that's true and he can play run downs and Kelsay can play passing down.

I didn't think Denney played as bad last season as most Bills' fans seem to think. I think he had moments where he really did well it terms of not getting pushed back and holding the line of scrimmage for our LB's to get to the ball carrier. We have to keep in mind that last year was practically his rookie season since in his real rookie year he was inactive most of the time. The problem was that his play was extremely inconsistent and that must change if he wants a long career in Buffalo.