PDA

View Full Version : Deepest position

tomdonahoe
05-20-2004, 11:30 AM
After looking over the depth chart / roster the other day, I didn't realize how deep we are at DT! I think this is our deepest spot with LB a close second.

Bannan probably gets cut and poor Sape doesn't have even a slim chance to make this roster. I like Bannan in reserve so its too bad he probably won't make it. On the other hand I don't think it is a lock that Gibson makes this squad especially if he comes in out of shape and dosen't give it his all which was the knock on him in Cincy. NFL teams will always pick the younger (cheaper) guy if it is close. I need football to start!

DT's
Williams
Adams
Edwards
Gibson
Anderson
Bannan
Sape

Jan Reimers
05-20-2004, 11:46 AM
I think we're almost equally deep at WR.

toughluck
05-20-2004, 12:34 PM
yup, WR and DT are definately our two deepest areas

Dantheman1280
05-20-2004, 02:14 PM
LB!!
Fletcher
Spikes
Posey
Stevenson
Stamer
Crowell
Haggen

We have Talent now and potential to bring along we are all set at LB!

Goobylal
05-20-2004, 02:34 PM
The Bills have backup players with potential at most of those positions, but to say they have "depth" is pushing it. I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but the backup LB's and guys past the top 4 WR's will have to prove themselves a little more.

tomdonahoe
05-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
The Bills have backup players with potential at most of those positions, but to say they have "depth" is pushing it. I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but the backup LB's and guys past the top 4 WR's will have to prove themselves a little more.

True, I agree. But you have to like the potential of these young guys especially the DT's and LB's.

Goobylal
05-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe

True, I agree. But you have to like the potential of these young guys especially the DT's and LB's.
Oh I do! However potential means you haven't done it yet. I'm more satisfied with guys like Adams, Williams, Gibson and Edwards, although I also have hope for Anderson (I've given up on Bannan and Sape). And I also like the WR corps of Moulds, Reed, Shaw, and Evans (even though he's a rookie, he's got the skills).

finsrclowns
05-20-2004, 08:46 PM
After looking over the depth chart / roster the other day, I didn't realize how deep we are at DT! I think this is our deepest spot with LB a close second.

Bannan probably gets cut and poor Sape doesn't have even a slim chance to make this roster. I like Bannan in reserve so its too bad he probably won't make it. On the other hand I don't think it is a lock that Gibson makes this squad especially if he comes in out of shape and dosen't give it his all which was the knock on him in Cincy. NFL teams will always pick the younger (cheaper) guy if it is close. I need football to start!

DT's
Williams
Adams
Edwards
Gibson
Anderson
Bannan
Sape

Bannon sucks. Sape is undersized and, not that it really matters, scored one of the lowest scores I've seen, like a 7, on the Wonderlic. That's part of the reason Gibson was signed and Anderson drafted, the other being the fact that PW's contract is up after this year. The Jets game when both Adams and Edwards were out showed the weakness of Bannon and Sape. My impressions of Gibson are just the opposite of yours; that of a hard working overachiever that fits in well with Krumrie's philosophy. I think he is very likely to make the team.

Jeff1220
05-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Deepest Position?

Just go check the Karma Sutra.

TigerJ
05-20-2004, 11:25 PM
WR doesn't really need to be any deeper than 4 under most circumstances. In an average year the number five WR is rarely going to get on the field. You'd need more than one critical injury at te same time to have to fall back on your #5 and then you practice squad guy.

At DT Buffalo is two deep at both spots with starters since both Edwards and Gibson have starting experience. Anderson has at least the potential of Edwards and far more than Bannan or Sape. That's pretty good. Next year it could start to become an issue with Adams, Williams, and Gibson all getting long in the tooth. I like LB too. We've got enough depth at a couple of other positions, if not an overabundance RB and OT are in pretty good shape. CB isn't bad. Depth is OK at DE, but we don't know for sure we've got two starters.

The_Philster
05-21-2004, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
Just go check the Karma Sutra.

:huh: Don't you mean Kama Sutra?

TigerJ
05-21-2004, 12:10 PM
You teach a course in that, don't you, Phil? Just kidding.

The_Philster
05-21-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
You teach a course in that, don't you, Phil? Just kidding.

It's a dirty job but.... :naughty: