PDA

View Full Version : If Peerless doesn't resign...

4thAndLong
10-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Do we go after Orande Gadsen from the Phins? It's clear he's not going to be in a Dolphins uniform again, and the Carter signing proved that.

He is a pretty good redzone target that with Bledsoe, could put up some good yards, I remember him making alot of great grabs in the past.

:feedback:

casdhf
10-24-2002, 09:56 PM
no, he's really slow and will be looking for the same kind of money

4thAndLong
10-24-2002, 09:58 PM
Yeah, but he'd probably be a #3 guy as a slot receiver and would be used over the middle. You dont need too much speed for that.

He has good size for that too.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2002, 10:08 PM
My guess Peerless won't be back. We could always go after Chris Carter since he only signed a 1 year deal with the fins.

Im sure it will only take a couple of games for him to realize he made a mistake signing with them.

4thAndLong
10-24-2002, 10:13 PM
Cris Carter? WHAT?

:mex:

TacklingDummy
10-24-2002, 10:16 PM
LOL, it was a joke. I was to lazy to put some smiles in.

venis2k1
10-24-2002, 10:19 PM
OG is gonna be looking for the same kind of money Price will be

4thAndLong
10-24-2002, 10:22 PM
I doubt he'll get it, teams know he wont be that good. And towards later in the offseason, his asking price will go down.

WRs are a dime a dozen in the league.

venis2k1
10-24-2002, 10:25 PM
i still got faith that peerless will be back

TacklingDummy
10-24-2002, 10:30 PM
There's always the draft.

I think Josh Reed was drafted to take the place of Peerless next year.

4thAndLong
10-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but if we dont pick anyone up at WR Charles Johnson is our #3 guy.

That's never good.

Romes
10-24-2002, 10:36 PM
We are spoiled now with our core of recievers. Charles Johnson would match up pretty well with almost all other #3 receivers in the league.

venis2k1
10-24-2002, 10:40 PM
Yea, and i still say we resign peerless, you guys act like he is testing the FA market, He wants to be here, we want him to be here, and eric moulds said on record that he would restructure his friggin contract if it ment the difference of Price staying

Buffarama
10-25-2002, 07:28 AM
If the Bills are thinking of letting Price go, they'd better look at the Rams, and how the loss of Azakheem or whatever his name is, has affected their passing game. We have the best trio of receivers in the league, top 3 anyways. And everyone is still YOUNG.

WG
10-25-2002, 07:37 AM
4th is right. WRs are a dime a dozen.

No reason to worry.

DT, LB, and CB are our largest needs.

WG
10-25-2002, 07:37 AM
...or cover Ss.

Ebenezer
10-25-2002, 07:52 AM
As much as I would love to see PP resigned this team needs DL badly...

InTheBox
10-25-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Yea, and i still say we resign peerless, you guys act like he is testing the FA market, He wants to be here, we want him to be here, and eric moulds said on record that he would restructure his friggin contract if it ment the difference of Price staying
If That's true. It just shows how much of a football team we got and how much class Eric moulds got. This player is a team player!!!

Voltron
10-25-2002, 09:32 AM
I made that argument and Clump showed me the way.

Here is the situation. Even though it sounds like Molds is being all nice and stuff really if you think about it he is saying "Hey I can look good while getting more bonus money up front” Remember when you restructure it is always for the same money just more bonus money. I believe that is how we got into cap hell in the first place. If Price wants to go I think we should let him. He is good enough (or so he thinks I bet) to be a #1 WR on another team let him test that theory and then he will be kicking himself when Eric and Josh have their pictures taken with the Lombardi trophy a few years from now.

I think we should have some one working with Hollis's agent to get some type of long term deal with him. That is way more important than Price at this point.

InTheBox
10-25-2002, 09:36 AM
True, hollis is very important to are team and the way he is kicking we shouldnt let other teams even look at him.

Jeff1220
10-25-2002, 10:54 AM
Mrs. Shawn Bryson, Wy...ROTFL.

ublinkwescore
10-26-2002, 03:06 AM
We'll be able to keep this team together - we've got the Tom Donahoe for team president. Tom Donahoe knows what he's doing.

Tom Donahoe is the master of the Cap.

BillsOwnAll
10-26-2002, 08:08 AM
why would we get rid of PP he wouldnt wanna stay with us? we r doing so good tho.

:gobills:

4thAndLong
10-26-2002, 12:16 PM
He's gonna have to demand alot of money after the type of season he's having, BillsOwnAll. I dont think TD will pay a #2 receiver a #1 receiver contract. Especially when Moulds already has one.

Halbert
10-26-2002, 06:10 PM
If we lose PP we shouldn't have a problem finding somebody decent for #3. Gadsden has great hands/size and would be great in that role but so would a bunch of other guys. I hope we keep him but if not we'll get great value putting that dough to use elsewhere.

askabry
10-27-2002, 06:36 AM
fwiw...as in St. Louis, you have in reality two #1 receivers in Buffalo. Price isn't testing whether or not he's capable of being a #1 guy, this year he's proved it. Moreover, he's a very very young man to have put this much productivity up on the board.

And also, I don't know where this misconception has come from where WRs are a dime a dozen. I'd like somebody to substantiate that thought- cause I'm pretty darn sure Tim Dwight and Az-Hakim both signed contracts above $3-4 MM per year. And you're not able to compare them to Price.

Am I saying sign him? No, of course not. PP would permanently tilt the balance of spending to offense. There are so many other things this team needs. OTOH, if he'll sign for $3.5-4 MM per year, it IS a bargain and one you want to take advantage of.

If a deal is too good to refuse, sometimes you have to take it. If PP is willing to come back here next year for the right numbers I'm sure TD will do the right thing.

ublinkwescore
10-27-2002, 08:28 AM
I heard our Cap situation for next season is a good one - why is there any reason to believe that we couldn't keep PP, and get the DL, secondary, another solid lb that we need? Also even if we do get the defensive help that we need - who's to say that it won't disrupt team chemistry. Chemistry is just as important as personell - if not more so. We could shoot ourselves in the foot by bringing in too many new people. I'd say just get another pass rushing DE, and a DT to stick in there next to Fat Williams, one solid linebacker (maybe - Spoon will be back, and hopefully he'll be more then solid - I may be over optimistic), and who's to say that Coy Wire won't be the John Lynch guy that we want him to be next year?

Maybe our young team just needs some experience. Last year, we had the youngest team in the league - I bet this year the Bills are still in the top 5 in terms of inexperience. We all know that the Raiders are number 32 in that area - but that's too much experience, they'll slow down towards the end of the season (they've already started, what am I thinking).

mchurchfie
10-27-2002, 08:53 AM
No way on Gadsen...he has been tainted by the teal and orange!! Let's have some scruples here :rolleyes:

shelby
10-27-2002, 09:00 AM
:laughter:

i would love to have PP stay...but we do need a DL.
TD will not let us down.

:gobills:

colin
10-27-2002, 05:30 PM
He is worth about 4-5 mil, we waste a little over 3 mil per year on Reimersma and he sucks. PP is a good asset for our team, and we will have cap $$ for a while.

Kelly The Dog
10-27-2002, 06:17 PM
I think each week we see more and more how Peerless is worth a lot of money to this team. he makes a huge difference IMO with his sped, and he simply makes plays and makes big plays. I think Josh Reed is going to be terrific, but the differece between Moulds-Price-Reed vs. Moulds-Reed-Charles Johnson is enormous. Under normal circumstances a #2 receiver is not worth tens of millions but in this case, I think signing Peerless, even if we slightly overpay him, will do us well. If we have Drew, Moulds, Price, Reed and Henry for 2-3 more years guaranteed we will be difficult to be stopped. We need PP more than I thought.

Billsouth
10-27-2002, 07:51 PM
i agree and heck we could get remeirsma and just give pp his contract. there has been talk about 2-3 million a year contract and 4 million a year. there is a huge difference between paying someone 2-3 million a year and a CAP FIGURE of 2-3 miliion per year. i dont think mike williams big contract has a cap figure of more than 2 million a year and he received a hige signing bonus.

one thing that should be considered is using up some of our cap room this year in the form of a signing bonus or other compensation to avoid having it count against future years. is this legal?

BADTHINGSMAN
10-28-2002, 12:10 AM
Price makes or breaks this team. Without Price, Moulds gets doubled up just about everytime. Price is helping Moulds have a soon to be career year. There is no way the Bills could replace Prices impact if he leaves.:homer:

lunatic_bills_fan
10-28-2002, 12:13 AM
I maybe in the minority here, and I wont rmble on cuz its in another post I just wrote.I think its gonna take more than what we think for another team to take Price away. He likes it here and from what Ive seen and read has established quite a realtionship with Erik. They compliment each other hugely and as time goes on and teams give Price even more attention then Moulds becomes even a bigger target then he already is. I dont think that anybody really knows just how powerful this offence is gonna be as time goes on. There I go again rambling on.

Sabre Ally
10-28-2002, 12:37 AM
Hi silent one, welcome to the Zone :)

Captain gameboy
10-28-2002, 06:17 AM
I´m not ready to break the bank with Price. No one´s mentioned Reggie Germany. Was he a five play highlight film last year or is he a potential no. 2 WR? If the Price negotiatons get ugly, I say let him go, but I hope it doesn´t happen and we keep him. I´m sure Bledsoe will throw his $.02 as a Price supporter.