PDA

View Full Version : News/Comments on Reggie Germany....

Michael82
07-25-2002, 06:05 PM
Okay, I just got home from camp. Reggie was at both practices today and in the uniform. The coaches were using him as like a ball boy. He was getting the balls from the receivers after they caught them, then throwing them back to Drew. Reggie was also working with the WR coach and talking to him. He wasn't wearing street clothes. He signed a bunch of autographs for fans and someone asked him about the news...he said that he's staying. He said he'll and I quote... "I'll be here tomorrow for practice." He also said that his knee is doing good and he just be ready to practice soon.

Take this for what it's worth...but he didn't have the attitude of a player who just got cut!

Cntrygal
07-25-2002, 06:08 PM
well.. if all the experts are half as confused as I am... then I guess I'm happy.

Michael82
07-25-2002, 06:10 PM
EXACTLY....I'm really confused too...LOL :D

Buffarama
07-25-2002, 07:02 PM
After 24 hours of being cut, he can remain the Bills property as a practice squad player. That's my understanding.

Cntrygal
07-25-2002, 07:04 PM
so... if he remains on the practice squad... if need be later in the season we could "pull him back" and sign him?

Lori
07-25-2002, 07:49 PM
I believe there's a limit to how many games a player can be on the active roster before he is no longer eligible for the practice squad. Since he played in 14 games last season, Germany is undoubtedly already over that limit.

The_Philster
07-25-2002, 07:56 PM
The limit is 5 games. A player has to be in the league LESS than 2 years AND not on an active roster for anything more than 5 games in order to be eligible for the practice squad.

Romes
07-25-2002, 08:13 PM
Germany was not "cut" he was "waived" that means that another team has the opportunity to claim him if they do he is their property. However, if no team claims him he remains property of the Bills but goes on the injured reserve list meaning that he won't be able to play for the whole year.

Lori
07-25-2002, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the backup, Philster. (Or is that THE Philster?) I couldn't find the exact number when I checked the CBA.

P.S.: Should've come up and said hi at halftime the other night. Oh well, at least I got to meet Helmet Guy.

Cntrygal
07-25-2002, 08:16 PM
Thanks for straightening us out Lori, Phil and CBF! :up:

The_Philster
07-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Knowing Helmet, I thought he was just hitting on you...or he knew you from somewhere. :D He didn't say who you were until later..he mentioned TBD and I got confused, until I remembered the TBD posters in here. :lol:

Buffarama
07-25-2002, 09:01 PM
I wasn't very sure about that as I posted it. But it was reported that way from some source as I recall. What his status is or can be after no one claims him I'm not sure. Philster's scenario may be the only one. He's injured anyways.