PDA

View Full Version : Pro athletes need to stop whining, just play

The_Philster
05-22-2004, 04:56 AM
by William Hurd, The Spectator
Typical story: hotshot college athlete comes into a professional sports draft and basically barks out what he wants and where he wants to play. Welcome to the 2004 NFL Draft, Who was this year’s crybaby? Why, it was Eli Manning, a good ol’ boy from Mississippi.

Manning complained that he didn’t want to get drafted by the San Diego Chargers in this year’s NFL draft. Who is he to say where he wants to go? This is the pampered world of high profile draft picks. These guys can get what they want when they want. When did pro athletes begin this trend? I am pretty sure this started in 1983 when John Elway was drafted by the Baltimore Colts and threatened to play for the Yankees, rather than play for the Colts. Why? Well, because the Colts were not a good team. So instead the Colts traded him to the Denver Broncos. This just doesn’t occur in football but also in other major sports....
more (http://www.spectator-online.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/05/21/40ae63335b5b7)

:bf1: I like the way this guy thinks.

If you are as good as everybody thinks you are then you should be able to elevate a team.

Onizuka
05-22-2004, 06:28 AM
:monkey: Yeah, I tend to cheer against this type of player.... I like to see them get knocked down a notch or two.

Jan Reimers
05-22-2004, 07:38 AM
I agree. I once had a great deal of respect for Archie and Eli Manning. Now I hope Eli is a miserable failure.

Dozerdog
05-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Onizuka
:monkey: Yeah, I tend to cheer against this type of player.... I like to see them get knocked down a notch or two.

Welcome aboard, Onizuka!

Nothing made me feel better than to watch Jeremy Shockey make an ass of himself in the 49er playoff game- only to see the Giants blow that big lead- lost in that game was the fact that Shockey dropped an easy TD when they were up a couple of scores- would have been the margin of victory they needed.

McBFLO
05-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Welcome aboard, Onizuka!

Nothing made me feel better than to watch Jeremy Shockey make an ass of himself in the 49er playoff game- only to see the Giants blow that big lead- lost in that game was the fact that Shockey dropped an easy TD when they were up a couple of scores- would have been the margin of victory they needed.

That bastard cost me a fantasy game because of that dropped TD pass!

SABURZFAN
05-22-2004, 11:46 AM
good article Philster.:up:

SABURZFAN
05-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Onizuka

welcome to the Zone.

Lefty2985
05-22-2004, 05:03 PM
YES i hate them complaining. Play the game!!!! I hate people who complain to get their way.... like Eli and TO..... PLAY the teams own your rights to where and who you play for

Dantheman1280
05-22-2004, 06:30 PM
Also, ALL pro atlethes get paid WAY TOO MUCH!!

McBFLO
05-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Someone needs to tell these pro athletes to shut their whineholes and do their jobs!

LtBillsFan66
05-24-2004, 12:48 PM
As much as I dilike these players too, it adds to the excitement of the game.

Kramer
05-24-2004, 03:15 PM
The whining in the NFL doesn't appear to be as bad as say Baseball or Basketball in my opinion. But it is still pretty bad. Just look at Eli Manning getting all balled up about playing for San Diego.

ParanoidAndroid
05-24-2004, 03:46 PM
Lawers and agents have perverted the game beyond repair. I love football, but I don't like how the NFL is organized now. As long as the fans pay, it will continue in the same direction with more and more primadonnas demanding their fame and grotesque salaries. I can't blame the players completely because they're being good competitive captalists. Who would get paid more, and faster, a good Charger or a good NY Giant? I would have to say, Giant. Yay capitalism!!!