• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightyspaz
    Short, Furry and Cold
    • Mar 2004

Ex-Buc Benjamin takes cut in stride

The River Ridge High School graduate, who earned a Super Bowl ring as a rookie long-snapper for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, was upbeat about his future in pro football Friday, one day after learning he'd been cut by the NFL team.
    Gold said the Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills are the teams most likely to sign Benjamin, who said he just wants another chance to compete for an NFL job. Benjamin played one game with the Chicago Bears in 2001, then joined the Bucs six games into the 2002 season, which ended with Tampa Bay's Super Bowl victory. Should a team pick him up off waivers, he'll play under his current one-year contract, which would pay him $380,000, the league minimum for a third-year player.
    ThE MiGhTy SpAz
    - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Ryan Benjamin

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
      • Mar 2003

Hmmm... that's interesting, and we'd have nothing to lose in signing him. Not a bad idea, i Guess..
      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Unless Dorenbos is unsatisfactory as a LS, I would not bother. This guy is one inch taller and eight pounds lighter than Dorenbos. The only reasons to dump Dorenbos are 1. He can't do the job, or 2. Someone else can be a dual position player, thus saving a roster spot. Judging from his size and being listed only as a center on NFL.com, I think we can rule out the latter.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

We also signed the UDFA Tony Case to compete for that job.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

TigerJ is right. Why would we sign a one dimensional guy to replace another one dimensional guy? I'd love to see us get a position player to do the long snapping and save a roster spot.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mightyspaz
              Short, Furry and Cold
              • Mar 2004

Pros - He's young and we have McNally, He's a lineman, Said to be a hard worker.

Cons - He's not noted for being a great blocker, We do have competition at that spot, He seems to be one demensional

I think a lot of you are right, that he doesn't seem promising, however maybe the coaches will see something workable in him and try him out.
              ThE MiGhTy SpAz
              - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mightyspaz
                Pros - He's young and we have McNally, He's a lineman, Said to be a hard worker.

Cons - He's not noted for being a great blocker, We do have competition at that spot, He seems to be one demensional

I think a lot of you are right, that he doesn't seem promising, however maybe the coaches will see something workable in him and try him out.
                Thsi guy is only a long snapper no way can he be an offensive linemen he's only 6-1 250. Like I said earlier have Dorenbos compete with Tony Case at least Case is at least closer to being an offensive linemen.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

can this kid do any magic tricks? if not.. dont even both with him.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍