PDA

View Full Version : Most Decorated player in Bills History

juice
05-22-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm kinda' partial to the RB: Thurman.. Cribbs.. OJ..

But who do you guys think was the most Honored and respected for His level of play throughout his carreer?

The_Philster
05-22-2004, 07:06 PM
BRUCE, no question about it. Only one other player was at his level at rushing the QB and I think, had BRUCE had more consistent help to take away some of the double and triple teams he dealt with, he would have taken the record sooner than he did.

Dozerdog
05-22-2004, 11:05 PM
The way you worded the question- Which Player earned the most respect from Other players ?...I'd have to say Jack Kemp. He led the team to championships, he led the team and spoke for them when Saban cut Gilchrist in 1964 and got Gilchrist back on the squad to finish the season, and most importantly- he led the team in helping advance civil rights for black players- by refusing to stay in white only hotels/restauraunts/establishments.

Dozerdog
05-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Smith was a great player- but constant contract squabbles, the drug suspension- sure you would rather line up with him than against him- but I'm sure that off-field crap knocked him down a few pegs in the eyes of those who soldiered on with him in or out of the lineup.

CWOUSARET
05-23-2004, 12:41 AM
there is no doubt about this one - the only guy every bill that has ever played with him has said - if you just one guy to watch your back in a back alley fight - ill take daryl talley

Billz_fan
05-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Steve Tasker

SeatownBillsFan21
05-23-2004, 04:22 AM
Hands down JIM KELLY

Jan Reimers
05-23-2004, 06:11 AM
The most honored or decorated for his play? OJ or Bruce.

The most respected by his teammates? Talley or Tasker.

juice
05-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
The way you worded the question- Which Player earned the most respect from Other players ?...I'd have to say Jack Kemp. He led the team to championships, he led the team and spoke for them when Saban cut Gilchrist in 1964 and got Gilchrist back on the squad to finish the season, and most importantly- he led the team in helping advance civil rights for black players- by refusing to stay in white only hotels/restauraunts/establishments.

Very thought provoking answer... a twist on the respect question, that is a true reason to call a guy a "Team Player"

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
The most honored or decorated for his play? OJ or Bruce.

The most respected by his teammates? Talley or Tasker.

Excelent choices from the point of view of who you would want "On your team" "OJ or Bruce" and " who would be the definition of an ultimate "Teammate" Tally or Tasker.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Bruce Smith? Yeah, I am sure all the players on the team had respect for a guy who complained about more money every year.

Jim Kelly is my thought.

The_Philster
05-23-2004, 12:45 PM
most Honored and respected for His level of play this is what I based my selection on. At every other position there were players at or near the same level..except for BRUCE.

flyonearboy
05-23-2004, 01:07 PM
The most respected ever- Impossible to say. Just impossible. If I were to guess, here is my list:

1) OJ SIMPSON

2) JIM KELLY

3) THURMAN THOMAS

4) KENT HULL (HE WAS THE ANCHOR FOR ONE OF THE BEST OFFENSIVE LINES EVER)

5) BRUCE SMITH

6) STEVE TASKER

tampabay25690
05-23-2004, 06:14 PM
I would say JIM KELLY, he was one of the Tuffest SOB's out there......

Earthquake Enyart
05-23-2004, 06:49 PM
I have a Christmas Decoration signed by Bruce Smith. Does that count? Bought it at the old Seneca Mall. :ee:

BigZ
05-24-2004, 08:57 AM
Jack Kemp. His supply side economics lectures enthralled his teammates.

ROFL

juice
05-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Ruben Brown was the most Decorated and obviously had respect from other players around the League.

STAMPY
05-25-2004, 01:06 AM
bruce smith