• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Why were we wearing...

Our home jerseys for the last 2 games???

Has the team listened to the fans for once?

Have they decided against the road jerseys?

Will we be wearing the road jerseys on Sunday?

Are we hoping for the luck to carry over for us in them?
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• don137
    • Jul 2002

The home team chooses if the want to wear there dark (home) or white (away) jersey. Both Houston and Miami chose to wear there white jersey so Buffalo ended up in there blue jersey.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Football is odd like that- in most professional sports, the home team wears white, except on special occasions when they choose to showcase the away jerseys the home fans.

Personally, I like it better- Buffalo prefers the blue jerseys, Miami prefers the white, everybody wins (well, except the Dolphins when the game is over).
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

Because it's a lot cooler and an advantage for the team wearing them over dark, hotter colors.

Miami chose the whites for that game.
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

fine! we won...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Lori
            3 Bs: the Bills, the Bonnies, and Bacchus (hic)
            • Jul 2002

Right. Miami, Dallas, and Washington have pretty much always worn white at home. Since Houston and Tempe are so friggin' hot, I imagine the Texans and Cards do the same.

Wimps.

Comment

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Football is odd like that...

What's odd is baseball managers and coaches suiting up in uniforms for a game. What's up with that?

Can you imagine how silly that would look in other sports?

Imagine Marv Levy wearing a full football uniform, shoulder pads and all on the sidelines.

Imagine Scotty Bowmen walking back and forth behind the bench with skates on.

Damn baseball is anachronistic game.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Hockey used to wear dark colors at home, back before Tee Vee. When they moved to TV, they changed the jersys to white for home, so the folks in Tee Vee land could tell the teams apart.

Thanks for the answers to my question, I never noticed that before about Miami, or Az for that matter.

Besides the blue looks better.
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Drewpac
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL

What's odd is baseball managers and coaches suiting up in uniforms for a game. What's up with that?

Can you imagine how silly that would look in other sports?

Imagine Marv Levy wearing a full football uniform, shoulder pads and all on the sidelines.

Imagine Scotty Bowmen walking back and forth behind the bench with skates on.

Damn baseball is anachronistic game.
                  Uncle Perv,
                  I think that might be one of my favorite posts ever. I've never given any thought to that before I read your post. You make a very interesting post. Picture Jeff Van Gundy wearing baggy shorts, Nikes, headband, and tank top on the court. Funny stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X