More on the goalline to Peters for 6.

Sabre Ally
05-24-2004, 07:16 PM
I just want to see more TDs, I don't really care how they get them. :D

BillsOwnAll
05-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Yah true...its just i like that play lol.

juice
05-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally

Playaction in the red zone with WM or TH in behind Peters and Big Mike will produce TD Ops... I'd run PA on all 3 downs and just pound it.

TedMock
05-24-2004, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
I hope to see more of that this year. [/QUOTE ]

Me too. It only works if there's a threat of the run. We were able to run last year, but we chose not to. Therefore, no threat. I've been screaming for more play action, but KG didn't listen! Bledsoe definitely has some notable faults, but one thing he's very good at is play action. I just hope that this staff utilizes the player's strengths. Moves like lining Sam Gash up in the slot on 3rd and 3 are beyond me. He was a good blocker but he sure as heck wasn't fooling anybody lined up at WR! Little things like that still irk me.

OpIv37
05-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll

Yah true...its just i like that play lol.

Thanksgiving Day in Detroit about 8 years ago... first play from scrimmage... Bills D is keying in on Barry Sanders... Lions run a play action pass and school them for an 80 yard touchdown. Still like that play?

But seriously, if the Bills establish a running game they have the speed at receiver to make some big plays out of the play action.

Hermanator21
05-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Has anybody seen J.P.'s playaction?

mypoorfriendme
05-24-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by juice
More on the goalline to Peters for 6.

lets not forget he did go undrafted for a reason! its probably a lot more accurate to say goal-line to campbell or euhus

The_Philster
05-25-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Thanksgiving Day in Detroit about 8 years ago... first play from scrimmage... Bills D is keying in on Barry Sanders... Lions run a play action pass and school them for an 80 yard touchdown. Still like that play?

But seriously, if the Bills establish a running game they have the speed at receiver to make some big plays out of the play action.

Technically, that wasn't a play action pass. Play action passes only fake a handoff to the back. Sanders did get the ball that play but tossed it back to Dave Krieg as soon as he reached the line of scrimmage...a flea-flicker. Oh, and that was 10 years ago, in 94. I was overseas in the UK at the time.

Kramer
05-25-2004, 04:45 AM
Play action serves two purposes. First, it punishes the defense for adjusting to a running offense. It forces them out of a pure run defense mode which allows the offense to run it more. Second, (and the more obvious one) is that it takes advantage of the mismatches created in the secondary by freezing the LB's and forcing the SS to freeze just a split second. That's all you need for a nice gain in the slot.

Earthquake Enyart
05-25-2004, 07:32 AM
You have to run the ball once in a while on 3rd and short for the defense to take a run fake seriously. Personally, I'm hoping for more smash mouth 3 yards and a cloud of rubber tire particles.