PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Brown

The_Philster
05-24-2004, 07:50 PM
How good an O-lineman do you really think he was?

Personally, I think he was one of our best O-lineman during his tenure here and his penalty levels seemed to drop the last few years.

juice
05-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
How good an O-lineman do you really think he was?

Personally, I think he was one of our best O-lineman during his tenure here and his penalty levels seemed to drop the last few years.

I agree except I would say he was our best lineman over the last decade.

G. Host
05-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Ruben was very good despite thinking his play declined due to the poor coaching, scheme and talent pool had. Ruben was great at one point but even at that point I did not think his jersey deserved to be retired. Only one has been retired - Jimbo's - and there would be a lot of other players' jerseys I would warrent retiring first. Even if it DID, it is very difficult to retire linemen for there are a limited number of jersey numbers.

The poll is slanted to get people not vote 'A'. Pretty tough grader. Grades like a weeder class in college.

OpIv37
05-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Ruben was a very good lineman- definitely the best one in Buffalo since the Super Bowl days.

The problem wasn't so much his penalties as his timing. Penalties are almost always drive-killers, but he seemed to get them during a potential game-winning drive, right after a turnover when the Bills had momentum, etc ...

But that's my only major knock on the guy. He always played well and never had injury problems.

At this point in his career, though, I think losing him for Villarial is worthwhile.

Kramer
05-25-2004, 05:03 AM
During the middle years of his career Reuben was one of the very best and deserved every pro bowl that he got during this time. But something started to happen to him about 3 years ago. He went from great to very average. I guess that is age taking its' toll on a player.

SABURZFAN
05-25-2004, 05:13 AM
here's a guy who went from above average to below average in a hurry.