PDA

View Full Version : Talley's career rings true despite title-game defeats

The Spaz
05-25-2004, 06:23 AM
Friends, acquaintances and strangers have asked the question. It is a part of America's sports legacy, a story with an infamous asterisk etched in equal parts shame and pride.

How frustrating is it to have played in four consecutive Super Bowls and have lost every time?

Eating a breakfast of chipped beef at a Winter Park diner recently, Darryl Talley framed the answer with a smile. He knows what to say all too well.

"The only thing that keeps you coming back is that you know you're good," said Talley, whose 11-year run with the Buffalo Bills included Super Bowl seasons between 1991 and '94. "You know in the back of your mind that you should win this game. There are a lot of guys who played this game who never reach the Super Bowl. I was fortunate to have four bites of the apple, though I didn't eat the whole thing.

"It doesn't bother me that bad any more. I have a couple of them on tape, but I've never seen any of the games. Why would I watch something that I have in memory?"

Now 43, Talley has moved to other pursuits beyond tackling running backs and quarterbacks, though he still plays in traffic.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/football/orl-spttalley25052504may25,1,4322062.story?coll=orl-sports-football

G. Host
05-25-2004, 03:56 PM
I hate sites which require you to register to view. You require people to register and people just give phony data.

If anybody wants to read the articles (there are two) without registering send me a PM. I will not copy article and get BZ on board get in BZ in trouble.